Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Has the venue for this been confirmed yet.. These days, we're liable to turn up anywhere.. Less than 4 weeks, and we'll be in New York.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Why Rossfan? Limerick would be handy enough no? Or Ennis maybe? But would Ennis hold the crowd?

Rossfan

No M4 or M6 or trains from Ros to effin Limerick.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

You're going to Effin, ye're going to Limerick city. :)

What about Ennis?

Hound

For a team with 4 home games, it was a pretty mad stat that Roscommon played their 7 league matches in 7 different venues in 6 different counties!

Syferus

Limerick would be f**king daft. But Kerry and their Dublin lite supporters are afraid of travelling and for some unknown reason even Croker Park bends the knee to the lads who think it's a good idea to elect two Healy-Raes to national parliament.

Shrewdness

And still we managed to reach the semi finals as top scorers in Division 1 with many of our players out injured..

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
Limerick would be f**king daft. But Kerry and their Dublin lite supporters are afraid of travelling and for some unknown reason even Croker Park bends the knee to the lads who think it's a good idea to elect two Healy-Raes to national parliament.

Ye elected Ming and he didn't even stay! Maybe the Dail was waterlogged too.

Rossie11

Nothing wrong with Ennis, plenty big enough and would be ideal for the 2 teams involved in my book

AZOffaly

Ennis was grand yesterday anyway. They announced a crowd of 9,000+ but kids were free so not sure if they were counted among that number.

westbound

Why would Limerick be daft? It's roughly half way between Roscommon town and Killarney. There is no motorway from Killarney to Limerick either (apart from a short stretch from Adare). In fact, Ros fans would have more motorway to travel on to limerick than the kerry folk!

As a rossie living in Kildare, I'd MUCH rather it being in Croke park.

But being realistic, I don't see why we could argue against it being in Limerick.

It's not too long ago we were telling the mayos to stop complaining about having to play Kerry in limerick, so it'd be very hypocritical if we started complaining now about a LEAGUE semi final being in Limerick.

I STILL HOPE ITS IN CROKE PARK!!  :D

Syferus

Quote from: westbound on April 04, 2016, 02:27:08 PM
Why would Limerick be daft? It's roughly half way between Roscommon town and Killarney. There is no motorway from Killarney to Limerick either (apart from a short stretch from Adare). In fact, Ros fans would have more motorway to travel on to limerick than the kerry folk!

But being realistic, I don't see why we could argue against it being in Limerick.

It's not too long ago we were telling the mayos to stop complaining about having to play Kerry in limerick, so it'd be very hypocritical if we started complaining now about a LEAGUE semi final being in Limerick.

This team deserves to play at HQ. It would be a bit of an insult to about face the established situation with league semis in its last year.

westbound

Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: westbound on April 04, 2016, 02:27:08 PM

This team deserves to play at HQ. It would be a bit of an insult to about face the established situation with league semis in its last year.

This has got nothing to do with anything! Get to the league final and we'll DESERVE to play in Croke park.

I wouldn't agree that it'd be an insult. Disappointing - yes. Insulting - no! Whilst the semis have been in croker the last few years, there is nothing to say that all league semis have to be in croke park. In fact, the last Div 1 semi final we played in was in Sligo (against Mayo).

westbound

Confirmed for Croke park now anyway. 2pm. Dub V Donegal at 4.