youbetterbelieveit

Limerick

We really only have the Limerick Leader

Kerry Mike

In order of preference and of quality GAA coverage:

The Kerryman
The Kingdom
Kerry's Eye

Also The Examiner gives good coverage of some Kerry clubs games and you cant beat Radio Kerry's coverage of live club and county games every weekend.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mac hinery

Definitely the Mad Ulster Observer although no.1 correspondant behind the scenes was the subject of some stick on this board a couple of years ago because of the amount of coverage he gave one club in particular.

An Gaeilgoir

Mayo news by a mile.
western people.
con. telegraph.

screenexile

A couple of years ago?? It still happens!!!

I think the quote was something like " The Downey brothers could only watch on in amazement as their All Ireland Winning colleague of 1993 Joe Brolly produced an exhibition of scoring football" or something like that. To be fair to him he does have a position where he can promote his own club but some of his predictions for the league are ludicrous. I think he predicted Screen to win something like 3 games one year!!! As poor as we can be we've never been as bad as that!

Fionntamhnach

In Tyrone, the Dungannon Observer is great for in-depth coverage of games if little of in-depth analysis, The Ulster & Tyrone Heralds are good for the big matches, with the Tyrone Herald having the advantage of being out on Monday covering club games from the day before.

AZOffaly

1) Offaly Independent, although there's a couple of tubes that write for it.
2) The Offaly Express
3) The Tribune

Owenmoresider

In Sligo, though neither are exactly great:

1) Sligo Weekender
2) Sligo Champion

Across the borders, Mayo News is quite good on the few occasions I've seen it, Western is pretty good also, can't speak for the Connacht Telegraph. Leitrim Observer is decent, no competition though. Ros Herald is reasonable, never read the Ros Champion.

Regarding radio, Ocean FM has to be one of the worst for local GAA coverage, of the rural stations. Compared to MidWest and it's own predecessor, NorthWest, well it's as one-sided as this year's AIF.

5 Sams

The Democrat...the Wobbler beats them out the gate...
The Aristocrat Years

Dinny Breen

Leinster Leader and Kildare Nationalist, The Nationalist is quite good and generally calls a spade a spade...
#newbridgeornowhere

tayto

Yez all give out about the national media being Dublin biased but I think that's because we've feck all local papers apart from the Evening Herald.

North Longford

Read the Anglo Celt a good bit and the most amusing thing I find is if Longford beat Cavan at any age group from Under 8 to Over 40 you can never get a report in the Celt, while if Cavan win........well thats a different story. Think the last time I saw a report of a Longford win was about 5 years ago in a league game......donno what will happen if they ever meet in the league or championship again and Longford win!!!

Croí na hÉireann

QuoteThe Kerryman
Is that the North Kerry or the South Kerry Edition??? :P

We have The Westmeath Examiner for the east of the county and The Westmeath Topic for the west, don't know who buys The Westmeath Independent.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mylestheslasher

Re: The Anglo Celt in Cavan. You forgot to mention the brutal spelling, grammar and total inaccuracies every week. The sports editor is the main culprit of this. On numerous occassions you will find a half page match report on one page, only to flick another few pages and find the same report again! It is the worst paper I have ever read to be honest. Haven't seen the new Cavan echo but hopefully it can redeem the state of journalism in Cavan