Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

That's shocking. Paddy will be remembered as a true gentleman. God rest his soul.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 15, 2020, 09:40:36 AM
Ulster GAA announced changes to competitions including cancelling some. Seems sensible.

They also said there would be no refunds for season ticket holders. Seems mercenary.
Anyone surprise to hear That 80% of money raised by Croke goes back to the clubs according to recent interviews? I am ! or maybe a fair cut isn't coming North

BigBallWeeBall

I have a few points on recent posts and welcome discussion / opinions.

1. Insurance Ireland have been asked to look positively into refunds to Southern motorists re insurance premiums as there are fewer cars on roads. = less accidents.
GAA hQ can raise the issue of refunds for insurance or lesser premiums in 2021 for clubs. Croke can surely strike a deal on our behalf.

2.  Also what's the view on GAA refunding a % of this years fees, our clubs have more pressing bills to be paid

3. Has Gaelfast gone into self isolation?
All quiet as far as I can see and wee uns across the county are at a loose end

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on April 20, 2020, 11:22:21 AM
I have a few points on recent posts and welcome discussion / opinions.

1. Insurance Ireland have been asked to look positively into refunds to Southern motorists re insurance premiums as there are fewer cars on roads. = less accidents.
GAA hQ can raise the issue of refunds for insurance or lesser premiums in 2021 for clubs. Croke can surely strike a deal on our behalf.

2.  Also what's the view on GAA refunding a % of this years fees, our clubs have more pressing bills to be paid

3. Has Gaelfast gone into self isolation?
All quiet as far as I can see and wee uns across the county are at a loose end

Is this a joke question?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2020, 11:56:20 AM

Is this a joke question?

Poor auld gaelfast gets an awful bad rep round here lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2020, 11:58:44 AM

Is this a joke question?

I get the concerns around the money that's fine, we have started a quiz on Friday nights, we had 65 entries for a £5 per team and we will use that money going forward for bills, that's all we can do. Not perfect but every bit helps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2020, 12:10:41 PM

Is this a joke question?

I get the concerns around the money that's fine, we have started a quiz on Friday nights, we had 65 entries for a £5 per team and we will use that money going forward for bills, that's all we can do. Not perfect but every bit helps

All fund raisers are critical MR2
and well done on the quiz but TBH that amount won't keep you afloat. Clubs will soon be in crisis and the lack of leadership from Croke is a poor show.
The lack of activity from Galefast is not great IMO. Could the guys not run county online style competitions, send coaching videos, training schedules to clubs etc to help kids keep interested and active. Just a thought

Belfast GAA man

If Croke  isn't on to the Insurers for a rebate they are asleep at the Wheel - paying for insurance you aren't using is Forest Gump stuff

delgany

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on April 20, 2020, 12:54:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2020, 12:10:41 PM

Is this a joke question?

All fund raisers are critical MR2
and well done on the quiz but TBH that amount won't keep you afloat. Clubs will soon be in crisis and the lack of leadership from Croke is a poor show.
The lack of activity from Galefast is not great IMO. Could the guys not run county online style competitions, send coaching videos, training schedules to clubs etc to help kids keep interested and active. Just a thought

The Gaelfast facebook page had videos and a load of activity based challenges on it - if youd be bothered to look !

BigBallWeeBall

Well Delgany, alas I had looked at the Facebook site but this is for u6 to u12 and was posted in March. Does this mean that the rest of the kids can bore themselves to death or for for carry outs.
I also looked at twitter but the only activity I seen is that some Galefast coaches are cycling all over the county, at least they're keeping fit themselves during "furlough"

delgany

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on April 20, 2020, 05:25:56 PM
Well Delgany, alas I had looked at the Facebook site but this is for u6 to u12 and was posted in March. Does this mean that the rest of the kids can bore themselves to death or for for carry outs.
I also looked at twitter but the only activity I seen is that some Galefast coaches are cycling all over the county, at least they're keeping fit themselves during "furlough"

Funnily enough Gaelfast , is aimed at primary school aged children .
Ulster GAA  coaches are also uploading activities.
There is plenty to do but for most children , an open space is a major problem

marty34

Quote from: delgany on April 20, 2020, 05:31:44 PM

Funnily enough Gaelfast , is aimed at primary school aged children .
Ulster GAA  coaches are also uploading activities.
There is plenty to do but for most children , an open space is a major problem

My take on it could parents, or a parent, not go for a kick-about with their son/daughter for half an hour every day?

Go into the back garden or yard and do a kick about.  You don't need videos or Facebook to do that.

Spend some time with the child(ren) playing a bit of sport - plus a bit of quality bonding time.

But this craic of watching You Tube or Twitter to see what others are doing...wtf...just get people and have a kick about. Have a bit of fun. Let the kids be kids!

Milltown Row2

Honestly, give it up, its getting boring now. The place is in lockdown, clubs have told our kids to stay in for their health and to save lives. It's Gaelfast, built up Belfast where gardens are limited or not there.

Parks should be closed and kids not encouraged to go there or meet up with friends to do so. We'll just have to start again when it is safe to train.

Not all parents will be able to go for a kick about, not all parents are into playing GAA or have the time and not all parents available

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2020, 06:05:54 PM

Honestly, give it up, its getting boring now. The place is in lockdown, clubs have told our kids to stay in for their health and to save lives. It's Gaelfast, built up Belfast where gardens are limited or not there.

Parks should be closed and kids not encouraged to go there or meet up with friends to do so. We'll just have to start again when it is safe to train.

Not all parents will be able to go for a kick about, not all parents are into playing GAA or have the time and not all parents available

What parents can not kick about with their kids for half an hour every day nowadays?  The vast vast majority can go out.

As for they're not all into the GAA...wtf...they're are going out for a kick about - not training for an All'Ireland Final.  They don't have to be a GAA Coaching Officer.

It's only half an hour per day - every parent has half an hour per day.  This excuse of not having time but they can spend 3 hours a night on the phone or watching Netflix.  Pure waffle.

Just go out and have a bit of craic - have a bit of fun, not running a drill.