The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

I think to win we're going to have to play in a similar fashion to the NZ game in Chicago. England will put up a wall and smash anything that moves.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 16, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
I think to win we're going to have to play in a similar fashion to the NZ game in Chicago. England will put up a wall and smash anything that moves.
Sexton and Murray may double up on the padding.

thebigfella

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2018, 07:55:31 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/neil-francis-eddie-jones-reaping-what-he-has-sowed-with-exhausted-england-36706869.html

"The term 'tactical periodisation' which Jones picked up from a meeting with Pep Guardiola may be of value in the girly game but trying to make training so intense that it is easier to operate and think clearly especially in the last quarter is a great idea if all you are doing is kicking a ball around. Tiki-taka doesn't happen in Rugby Union."

Neil Francis really is a complete utter knob.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2018, 03:59:36 PM

Big time. Haskell and Hartley will try and decapitate them!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 16, 2018, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2018, 03:59:36 PM

Big time. Haskell and Hartley will try and decapitate them!
Yep I fully expect some of them to spend some time on the naughty step.

Milltown Row2

If Ireland keep their discipline and force England into giving away penalties then they should see the game through. If they get dragged into a war then they will lose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BarryBreensBandage

Play their straight up the middle game in the first half because it will be attrition to start with.
Hopefully tire the English out, go in half time level or slightly up, and open up in the second half.
It will be the greatest Irish victory of all time if they win at Twickenham tomorrow.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Syferus

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on March 17, 2018, 01:02:27 AM
Play their straight up the middle game in the first half because it will be attrition to start with.
Hopefully tire the English out, go in half time level or slightly up, and open up in the second half.
It will be the greatest Irish victory of all time if they win at Twickenham tomorrow.

Ya what. The tournament is already won. There's literally dozens of wins that we've had in recent years that would be bigger than this one.

It won't even be the greatest Irish victory against England in 12 months if we do it.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2018, 02:51:29 AM

Ya what. The tournament is already won. There's literally dozens of wins that we've had in recent years that would be bigger than this one.

It won't even be the greatest Irish victory against England in 12 months if we do it.
I'd doubt there's one Irish player who would agree with that, but sure what would they know? Aside from the World Cup quarter-final, this will be the biggest international game they have played in.

Gmac

worst sports take of the year

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 17, 2018, 04:05:13 AM

I'd doubt there's one Irish player who would agree with that, but sure what would they know? Aside from the World Cup quarter-final, this will be the biggest international game they have played in.

The quality of your takes on rugby players leave a hell of a lot to be desired.

To the other poster - playing and beating a England team down in the dumps with only pride to play for isn't the same as playing one going for a Grand Slam on the crest of a 20 game or so winning streak.

The trinket for us is bigger this year in that we can collect the imaginary title of Grand Slam champions but there have been many bigger matches Ireland have faced over the last ten or fifteen years.

If this was two unbeaten teams going to head to head for a Six Nations and a Grand Slam you may have had some case, as it stands it's the champions against a team without even a winning record on the season. And if we lose it doesn't change much at all. The only pressure on players is to get their Grand Slam bonuses. This is not the climatic match it was advertised to be at the start of the season.

Dinny Breen

In time honoured Irish tradition the team that wants it more will win it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Aaron Boone

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 17, 2018, 06:37:45 AM
In time honoured Irish tradition the team that wants it more will win it.

Passion!

If there's anything at all in England, it will come out today. I know the players won't be taken in by the confidence in the media etc. but I'm fearful of England in London. I'm going to say England rain on our parade like we did to them previously.

Syferus, if you think the players look at a potential Grand Slam as you do, a nice bonus but job done already, then you are mental.