The 20s had a dream route last year
Fermanagh
Cavan
Monaghan

No Donegal
No Tyrone
No Derry

SHEEDY

On another note, what was craic with match being in loughmacrory, talk about the middle of nowhere, definitely not easiest to get to.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

Quite a lot of that panel are available again next year.  Laverty will stick around for mother year and rightly so.

Magill and McCarthy have been added to the senior panel apparently

redzone

I was disappointed with Lavertys tactics. Just a copy of kilcoo. He seems to have made a name for himself coaching thou

Johnnysboys

JB who would your pick for the top job be? Or would you wait and see how the club championship went to see who's up too it? I know there'll be a clamour for some for Jimmy McGuinness but I think time has passed him by and his style of play is out of date
[/quote]

I would leave wee James in the hot seat for another three years at least and change those around him. Bring in a coach that does both defensive and offensive work with the players - not just one facet.
As the club season is upon us again I'm sick to the teeth already of hearing about structures this and structures that and systems this and systems that. I think it's a great place to hide behind. Our structures are poor so our senior team is poor - load of bollox..
Surely Jim Gavin's mantra was best - create an environment where players can flourish rather than making them robots.. I feel that is what Kilcoo have done best with what they have. Small, robust, competitive players all over the pitch who create opportunities for their talented forwards to score. It wasn't just Micky Moran who got the best out of them - McIlver, McCorry, Seàn Michael Devlin, paddy Murray, mark Copeland, decky Morgan all had a part in this group getting to the top of the game. They all had pretty much the same group of players to work with and added one or two each year maybe but the same freedom to play has existed. Systems my ass. Play to ur potential and get the most from your marquee players..

snoopdog

Quote from: redzone on April 02, 2022, 10:23:03 PM
I was disappointed with Lavertys tactics. Just a copy of kilcoo. He seems to have made a name for himself coaching thou
Just a copy of Kilcoo the All Ireland champions and serial winners. How dare he try such a thing.

SamFever

Kong King

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 02, 2022, 10:35:36 PM

JB who would your pick for the top job be? Or would you wait and see how the club championship went to see who's up too it? I know there'll be a clamour for some for Jimmy McGuinness but I think time has passed him by and his style of play is out of date

I would leave wee James in the hot seat for another three years at least and change those around him. Bring in a coach that does both defensive and offensive work with the players - not just one facet.
As the club season is upon us again I'm sick to the teeth already of hearing about structures this and structures that and systems this and systems that. I think it's a great place to hide behind. Our structures are poor so our senior team is poor - load of bollox..
Surely Jim Gavin's mantra was best - create an environment where players can flourish rather than making them robots.. I feel that is what Kilcoo have done best with what they have. Small, robust, competitive players all over the pitch who create opportunities for their talented forwards to score. It wasn't just Micky Moran who got the best out of them - McIlver, McCorry, Seàn Michael Devlin, paddy Murray, mark Copeland, decky Morgan all had a part in this group getting to the top of the game. They all had pretty much the same group of players to work with and added one or two each year maybe but the same freedom to play has existed. Systems my ass. Play to ur potential and get the most from your marquee players..
[/quote]

I completely agree. Happy players are productive players

Lotto

So leave a serial loser and underchiever in place with the seniors just because of his name as a footballer?

Such talk about this wonderful coach coming out of Kilcoo but he was found out yesterday, he doesn't seem to be the great white hope everyone thought he was. The 20's had an easy run last year with exceptional footballers, this year with an average team which would really test the coaches quality, well then the performance yesterday from his team spoke for itself. Seriously overrated.

Our U.17's, embarassing!

whitegoodman

Who would you like in charge ?

Minors are embarrassing tbf

marty34

Quote from: Lotto on April 03, 2022, 08:18:54 PM
So leave a serial loser and underchiever in place with the seniors just because of his name as a footballer?

Such talk about this wonderful coach coming out of Kilcoo but he was found out yesterday, he doesn't seem to be the great white hope everyone thought he was. The 20's had an easy run last year with exceptional footballers, this year with an average team which would really test the coaches quality, well then the performance yesterday from his team spoke for itself. Seriously overrated.

Our U.17's, embarassing!

Maybe the players aren't there or good enough?

Truth hurts

can anyone tell me why the games were changed

stiff breeze

Down under 20s were put out so no need for Friday nights to be freed up anymore

Truth hurts

but surely if games were planned for Thursday, just leave them there.

Thought we were outfoxed on Saturday when the grips were put on Murdock. Savage and Crimmins look to be good prospects

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 04, 2022, 09:22:26 AM
but surely if games were planned for Thursday, just leave them there.

Thought we were outfoxed on Saturday when the grips were put on Murdock. Savage and Crimmins look to be good prospects

Leave them there is right. Clubs have made plans around getting players home for games and work sorted etc but county board wouldn't think of that sorta stuff.
Savage is a serious prospect - not sure about Crimmins yet tbh. Flatters to deceive imo..