Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2017, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 13, 2017, 11:20:36 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 12, 2017, 05:25:49 AM
Hold on... he didn't wanna go to the Olympics cause he's scared of offending his mates? His mates like?

He's in a position to be the fuckin Mufasa of ALL his (real) mates. Unless you meant he was worried about annoying Niall Horan? Then I'd buy it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's brought up in a culture of supporting OWC and Ulster Rugby and his mates would all be british passport holders. (They're the people that want to know why they cannot vote Tory or Labour in local elections). So clearly in that environment Rory will have no affiliation whatsoever with Ireland or being Irish.

Which makes his delight at winning the Irish Open rather puzzling. His celebration looked pretty genuine to me.

I'd say there's a big number of nationalists / republicans on this board carrying British passports (though few would admit to it)

Me!!  :-[

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2017, 11:54:37 AM
Hold on... he didn't wanna go to the Olympics cause he's scared of offending his mates? His mates like?

He's in a position to be the fuckin Mufasa of ALL his (real) mates. Unless you meant he was worried about annoying Niall Horan? Then I'd buy it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's brought up in a culture of supporting OWC and Ulster Rugby and his mates would all be british passport holders. (They're the people that want to know why they cannot vote Tory or Labour in local elections). So clearly in that environment Rory will have no affiliation whatsoever with Ireland or being Irish.

Which makes his delight at winning the Irish Open rather puzzling. His celebration looked pretty genuine to me.

I'd say there's a big number of nationalists / republicans on this board carrying British passports (though few would admit to it)

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

I'd always an Irish one then got a british one (mainly for handieness) and thats up next year i think, so will get an Irish one next time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2017, 12:04:19 PM

I'd always an Irish one then got a british one (mainly for handieness) and thats up next year i think, so will get an Irish one next time

This is a myth surely. Shame on you SE!! Not a South Derry man at all ;)

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 13, 2017, 12:08:36 PM

This is a myth surely. Shame on you SE!! Not a South Derry man at all ;)

Ah it was handy and cheapest at the time.

Just found out if I want to go back to Canada at all I need a Canadian passport and what with Brexit and all I'm going to need an Irish one as well!!

With that many passports I could be a spy for the CIA...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on January 13, 2017, 12:08:58 PM

Just for info MR2, why did you think it was handier to get a Brit one??

I was passing the passport office one day in Belfast (knew my current one would get me past April) and went in got form, filled it in and took it from there, felt a bit dirty but heyho... it was £70 i think, nearly 10 years ago... Haven't given it much thought to be honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Good to see he's not taking too much notice of what's written about him on here he's -8 for his last 8 holes.

Few sights better in golf than McIlroy on the charge like that!!

Boycey

Curates egg of a day for Rory dropped 2 shots early in the round and 2 late on but a great run of 6 birdies and an eagle in the middle of the round keeps him well in there.

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on January 13, 2017, 02:49:49 PM
Curates egg of a day for Rory dropped 2 shots early in the round and 2 late on but a great run of 6 birdies and an eagle in the middle of the round keeps him well in there.

Great man for the birdies, he generally gets his hole.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2017, 02:00:42 PM
Good to see he's not taking too much notice of what's written about him on here he's -8 for his last 8 holes.

Few sights better in golf than McIlroy on the charge like that!!

Curates egg. 3 dropped shots over for the first four holes and 2 dropped shots over the last two holes.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Eagle two for McIlroy - the South Africans enjoying it!

BarryBreensBandage

Looking like a 3 way playoff going down the 18th - Rory, Smith and Storm.
Or will someone win it on the last?
Exciting stuff.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Boycey

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 15, 2017, 12:03:17 PM
Exciting stuff.

Smiths one behind?

Rory's played this 18th poorly all week

laoislad

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 15, 2017, 12:03:17 PM
Exciting stuff.
Are any of them random yanks?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Storm is so boring. Some McIlroy magic can win this.