Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: gallsman on March 28, 2023, 05:11:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 05:03:57 PM

That's fair enough.....I didn't know that. I thought it was just a regular interview

I put the blame then on her sponsors who didn't prepare her for the interview

Maybe you should bother your hole watching it or even reading the thread here you're commenting on where it was mentioned on multiple occasions.

I stand by my contention that a hospital cleaner who left school at 14 and gets punched in the head for a living would be incapable of handling themselves in a difficult and contentious interview like this

So will Philly McMahon be forced to apologize and get badgered about the woman who got raped by the Eiretrean given all of the tweets he has sent in support of refugees?

Gabriel_Hurl

someone's really missing posting in the US politics thread

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2023, 01:28:46 PM
If you want to publicize your opinions, you need to be prepared to defend them. That's the way free speech works. Obviously she was not prepared or able to defend herself. Next time hopefully she'll be smarter about what she says or tweets.

She has a blue collar job and left school at 14

She's a boxer

She's not some privately educated and  polished politician with an army of handlers and PR people to prep her for an interview like this

I'm all for holding her accountable for her views, but this is punching down of the highest order IMO

She literally had a PR handler. Literally

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: Franko on March 28, 2023, 02:04:32 PM
If you want to publicize your opinions, you need to be prepared to defend them. That's the way free speech works. Obviously she was not prepared or able to defend herself. Next time hopefully she'll be smarter about what she says or tweets.

She's a boxer

She's not some privately educated and  polished politician with an army of handlers and PR people to prep her for an interview like this

I'm all for holding her accountable for her views, but this is punching down of the highest order IMO

But you're not all for it

You're citing her education and her 'job' as the reasons why

If she's sitting there with her Spar jumper on, being interviewed as their 'diversity' champion, then she should have been prepared and able to answer questions on one of the main drivers of diversity in Irish society

*To add - ESPECIALLY as it was her who put her views on the matter out there in the first place

I could have a certain amount of sympathy for your point if she'd never mentioned immigration and he'd just asked her a cold question about the matter

Did she know that was one of the topics to be discussed or was she surprised by the question

"Hey Kelley, this is the producer for the show. We're delighted to have you on next week. Just wanted to let you know that one topic we will address will be that tweet you sent out last year. I want you to have an opportunity to explain it but didn't want to blindside you "-did that happen?

If it didn't it's an ambush

Her anti immigrant tweet was 4 months ago and hit the papers.  It is literally impossible to accept she and the PR folk didn't see this coming. They expected a soft journakist

whitey

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 28, 2023, 07:46:59 PM

She's a boxer

She literally had a PR handler. Literally

Sounds like they were ill prepared

They should probably start looking for a new job

Milltown Row2

Stay off Twitter and life would be a lot better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smelmoth

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 07:08:10 PM

That's fair enough.....I didn't know that. I thought it was just a regular interview

Maybe you should bother your hole watching it or even reading the thread here you're commenting on where it was mentioned on multiple occasions.

I stand by my contention that a hospital cleaner who left school at 14 and gets punched in the head for a living would be incapable of handling themselves in a difficult and contentious interview like this

So will Philly McMahon be forced to apologize and get badgered about the woman who got raped by the Eiretrean given all of the tweets he has sent in support of refugees?

Just you spell out what Philly MacMahon has done to apologise for and I will contact him myself and ask him to apologise.

Everything you have posted on this issue has been dismantled entirely. So you are back at dragging Philly into this???

whitey

Quote from: smelmoth on March 28, 2023, 08:44:16 PM

Just you spell out what Philly MacMahon has done to apologise for and I will contact him myself and ask him to apologise.

Everything you have posted on this issue has been dismantled entirely. So you are back at dragging Philly into this???

It's in my post

burdizzo

Pushing multiculturalism is a sin against your own community. He should apologise. He's a sports personality being groomed for a political career, and is abusing his position to further himself.

Meanwhile, another sports personality questioning multiculturalism is wrongthink. Honest to God, listening to the radio about it today, you'd think SHE was the one who'd murdered the child.

I do concede that if she was getting money from Spar to be a 'diversity advocate', or whatever, the presenter was perfectly right to ask her the questions. Just - you'll NEVER get him asking the hard questions about multiculturalism, and it's pure hypocrisy on his part to pretend he would.

smelmoth

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 08:53:34 PM

It's in my post

Which post is that?

It would be a lot easier if you just cut and paste the thing he has done wrong here

smelmoth

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 09:20:11 PM

Pushing multiculturalism is a sin against your own community.

A lot to unpack here so we can start at the start and go one sentence at a time.

Care to explain this one?

burdizzo

Pushing multiculturalism makes more a less cohesive, more fragmented community, where trust levels are lower. Why would you want that?

Bet you won't get to the last sentence, by the way.  (And, fair enough - I don't have all night, either.)

smelmoth

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 09:54:28 PM
Pushing multiculturalism makes more a less cohesive, more fragmented community, where trust levels are lower. Why would you want that?

Bet you won't get to the last sentence, by the way.  (And, fair enough - I don't have all night, either.)
At this rate of going it will take a while. Regrettable but we will get there.

We are still stuck on the first sentence.

You say "pushing" multiculturalism is a sin. I'm not sure who is pushing it but we can deal with that as part B of dealing with this infernal first sentence. 

What is sinful about multiculturalism? Need multiculturalism necessarily fragmented a community? Personally I prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism but latter really shouldn't be keeping people awake at night.

Should I be trusting someone less because where they are from, or their skin pigmentation or their culture? I'm not sure you are going as you are not yet making a lot of sense. But I'm very patient. Whatever your culture. Have another go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on March 28, 2023, 09:54:28 PM

Look after your own family and you'll be fine, otherwise the demons you have will just make you a miserable twisted Cnut that eventually when your children grow up will look at you as a racist.

That's the reality
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea