Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 11, 2023, 10:31:13 PM
I think the BBC could be on to a winner here
Just action and not one fuckin word, it was class
Look how much money they would save

This

The money spunked on presenters is a joke and it's not just football. Claudia winkleman was on a huge salary. Has anyone ever said oh I must watch that because Claudia winkleman does it? Obvious answer f**king no-one ever so why pay her hundreds of thousands of pounds. Get rid of the lot of them

square_ball

I thought that MOTD was shite.

Tony Baloney

I can take or leave the analysis but watching it without the commentary was just weird. I wonder what the viewing figures will be - could actually be up as it's definitely a curiosity.

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2023, 10:58:26 PM
I can take or leave the analysis but watching it without the commentary was just weird. I wonder what the viewing figures will be - could actually be up as it's definitely a curiosity.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was the highest ever, for the reason you stated.
Even Pootsy was tuning in!

Milltown Row2

Whitey and his mate Poots would have enjoyed that, simple viewing for simple viewers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on March 11, 2023, 12:35:19 PM
He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

That's ridiculous, there's no way anyone actually pays you to do a job.

Kidder81

It was reported he signed a new deal last year with strict social media guidelines

He can't be that surprised

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 11, 2023, 11:14:49 PM
He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

Nope, he's white ( :D ) speaks English and is a republican voter, probably 7 figure wage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Always thought MOTD  should have a bite size  edition.  Just show the goals. Maybe this  might force it that  way

JoG2

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 11:19:05 PM
It was reported he signed a new deal last year with strict social media guidelines

Source? And if that's the case, what about those who work for the BBC but would be pro Tory, the likes of Alan Sugar? And watching the footage of Fiona Bruce earlier in QT, what the actual fcuk? Beyond mad

Kidder81

Quote from: JoG2 on March 11, 2023, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 11:19:05 PM

Source? And if that's the case, what about those who work for the BBC but would be pro Tory, the likes of Alan Sugar? And watching the footage of Fiona Bruce earlier in QT, what the actual fcuk? Beyond mad

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/15/gary-lineker-takes-bbc-pay-cut-and-agrees-to-tweet-more-carefully

RedHand88

I enjoyed it. Didn't take up half your Saturday night.

Jell 0 Biafra

I had assumed whitey must be self-employed based on things he said about the Trump taxcuts benefiting him a few years ago.  (for context, Trump's tax bill cost me almost 10k in the first year alone, as I was no longer able to deduct mortgage/interest payments from my bill.  That's obviously a first world problem, but as an employee, I had my main deduction taken away from me by Trump, as did most people I know.  So I assumed that anyone who benefited must have had business ownership costs to deduct).

RedHand88

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 11, 2023, 11:47:55 PM

I had assumed whitey must be self-employed based on things he said about the Trump taxcuts benefiting him a few years ago.  (for context, Trump's tax bill cost me almost 10k in the first year alone, as I was no longer able to deduct mortgage/interest payments from my bill.  That's obviously a first world problem, but as an employee, I had my main deduction taken away from me by Trump, as did most people I know.  So I assumed that anyone who benefited must have had business ownership costs to deduct).

Were mortgage payments tax deductible in the states at a time?!?