Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

LooseCannon

Offaly for the win.💚🏐💛
Feck everyone else.

Shamrock Shore

sligoman2

Should be an interesting division. New year, new manager, New backroom team, New hope.

I expect mid table but that's a pure guess..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Captain Obvious

Derry and Armagh should gain promotion from this Division but i have a feeling one of them will slip up (maybe Armagh again) and allow someone like Westmeath to be promoted instead. Wexford look like they will be relegated back to Div 4 anyone's guess who will join them.

Rufus T Firefly

Ordinarily I would be expecting Armagh to give promotion a real go this year. This expectation would have been based on the excellent progress made in reaching an All Ireland quarter-final, which seemed to breath new life into McGeeney's tenure. It might have been reasonable to expect the 2017 Championship run to encourage players to redouble their efforts for 2018.

Unfortunately though, the reality of modern day football seems to have bitten hard and quite a significant number of players have made themselves unavailable for at least the league and possibly beyond that. That is likely to expose Armagh's lack of strength in depth and as a consequence I'd be very surprised if we were to end up finishing in the top two.   

FermGael

Derry and Armagh seems to be favourites to go up.

According to reports Fermanagh have put an awful lot of work into their preseason.
Alot will depend on our first 2 games. If we can win them and with Derry and Armagh to play at home we should be able to give promotion a rattle.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tonto1888

At the end of last season I was confident Armagh would get out of this division. Now, not so much

lurganblue

No faith in promotion for Armagh this year. Hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised.

BennyCake

Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2018, 03:21:48 PM
No faith in promotion for Armagh this year. Hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised.

Is that why you fecked off to the soccer, Mr Campbell?  ;)

Orior

Armagh's starting 15 for tonight's McKenna cup looks strong enough on paper. We'll see if it is tissue paper in about an hour's time.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lurganblue

Quote from: BennyCake on January 03, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

Is that why you fecked off to the soccer, Mr Campbell?  ;)

Not having spoken to the lad myself but i would be very surprised if soccer had any bearing on his decision.

Croí na hÉireann

As is tradition, we'll be going up or down, we'll have to get all our key players back to go up. Impossible to call how this division will go, 6 of the 8 teams are under new management, will be interesting.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

illdecide

I think Fermanagh or Westmeath will get one of the promotion places, Derry could struggle without their Slaughneil players available and Armagh have had a large number of withdrawals from their squad but they should be still knocking on the door, i'll be shocked if it's not a last minute, last game outcome for promotion. Def will be a tight division alright.

Fermanagh
Armagh
Derry
Westmeath
Longford
Sligo
Wexford
Offaly

Please don't get offended if i have your team in or around the bottom as i genuinely haven't a clue on anything about Wexford, Sligo, Offaly and Longford. Wexford could well get promoted...lol. It's such a tight division if i do this again tomorrow i'd have teams in a different place. Sligo and Longford are usually strong at home, dunno how Wexford are doing and there is nothing between the other teams...Looking forward to it all the same
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LooseCannon

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2018, 08:56:49 PM
I think Fermanagh or Westmeath will get one of the promotion places, Derry could struggle without their Slaughneil players available and Armagh have had a large number of withdrawals from their squad but they should be still knocking on the door, i'll be shocked if it's not a last minute, last game outcome for promotion. Def will be a tight division alright.

Fermanagh
Armagh
Derry
Westmeath
Longford
Sligo
Wexford
Offaly

Please don't get offended if i have your team in or around the bottom as i genuinely haven't a clue on anything about Wexford, Sligo, Offaly and Longford. Wexford could well get promoted...lol. It's such a tight division if i do this again tomorrow i'd have teams in a different place. Sligo and Longford are usually strong at home, dunno how Wexford are doing and there is nothing between the other teams...Looking forward to it all the same

I think that you're seriously underrating us. (OY)

oakleaflad

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

Fermanagh
Armagh
Derry
Westmeath
Longford
Sligo
Wexford
Offaly

I agree with you, possibly flipping us and Westmeath, otherwise what I would have posted myself. I think promotion will be the aim but we'll just fall short without the Slaughtneil contingent.