The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on February 11, 2019, 08:32:23 PM
I drink almond milk. Tastes much better than cow's milk. Where does that leave ME?

Bollocks! Even the ultra pasteurised crap you get in America is much tastier than almond milk

Not to mention all the hardship your helping to cause due to water shortages  ;)

Puckoon

Shouldn't be any talk of drought years or water shortages this year. We're getting absolutely pounded in NC and the Sierras.

whitey

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 11, 2019, 08:51:10 PM
I drink almond milk. Tastes much better than cow's milk. Where does that leave ME?

Bollocks! Even the ultra pasteurised crap you get in America is much tastier than almond milk

Not to mention all the hardship your helping to cause due to water shortages  ;)

Don't knock it til you try it. I enjoy a lash of almond milk myself from time to time.

Dolph1

Quote from: whitey on February 11, 2019, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on February 11, 2019, 08:51:10 PM

Don't knock it til you try it. I enjoy a lash of almond milk myself from time to time.

:o
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Hippy  :P
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Eamonnca1

If you think it's funny how conservatives think your choice of milk defines you as a pinko liberal, you're going to love this one.

I was once denounced online by a conservative who labelled me as a "front-loading washing machine user." You see, in America they have top-loading and front-loading washing machines. The top loaders are more common, the front-loaders are fewfangled (even though they've been the standard in Europe for decades). Conservatives hate front-loaders because they use less water and less electricity. Or maybe it's because they look European, and hence effeminate.  Ergo, if you use a front-loader then you must care about wasted energy and wasted water, ergo you're less of a man. Real men don't bend over to put their jeans in the wash. Or something.

There's a long list of things you can do to save money and use your resources more wisely, and conservatives are quick to pounce on every one of them as a sign of weakness. These are the same kind of boys who set up their oversized pickup trucks with a special button that spews big clouds of soot out of the exhaust when they feel like it.

These people are not right in the head. Conservatism is a mental illness.

RedHand88

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 11, 2019, 09:46:24 PM

Hippy  :P

Leave him alone or I'll get AOC on you!

omaghjoe

Ive nothing against almond milk at all, other than the fact that its called and compared to actual milk same goes for soy.

Front loading washing machines on the other hand.....  >:(

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 11, 2019, 11:11:01 PM
If you think it's funny how conservatives think your choice of milk defines you as a pinko liberal, you're going to love this one.

I was once denounced online by a conservative who labelled me as a "front-loading washing machine user." You see, in America they have top-loading and front-loading washing machines. The top loaders are more common, the front-loaders are fewfangled (even though they've been the standard in Europe for decades). Conservatives hate front-loaders because they use less water and less electricity. Or maybe it's because they look European, and hence effeminate.  Ergo, if you use a front-loader then you must care about wasted energy and wasted water, ergo you're less of a man. Real men don't bend over to put their jeans in the wash. Or something.

There's a long list of things you can do to save money and use your resources more wisely, and conservatives are quick to pounce on every one of them as a sign of weakness. These are the same kind of boys who set up their oversized pickup trucks with a special button that spews big clouds of soot out of the exhaust when they feel like it.

When we go to Ireland in the summer time , you'd need to be a graduate of MIT to figure out how to use the washing machines....... no such thing as a quick wash...minimum of an hour and a half for a wash...and as for the European dryers don't even get me going.

omaghjoe

Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2019, 12:27:02 AM

When we go to Ireland in the summer time , you'd need to be a graduate of MIT to figure out how to use the washing machines....... no such thing as a quick wash...minimum of an hour and a half for a wash...and as for the European dryers don't even get me going.

???

Aye them clothes lines are a pain in the arse right enuff

Never beat the deeler

If this thread is anything to go by, I don't know how anyone could live in America.

Not singling out either side, but the constant arguing of sides must be absolutely exhausting. Is there anything that isn't picked apart on a daily basis??

Type of washing machine ffs  :o
Hasta la victoria siempre

whitey

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 12, 2019, 12:31:57 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 12, 2019, 12:27:02 AM

???

Aye them clothes lines are a pain in the arse right enuff

Clothes lines don't work in Mayo

whitey

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 12, 2019, 01:04:28 AM
If this thread is anything to go by, I don't know how anyone could live in America.

Not singling out either side, but the constant arguing of sides must be absolutely exhausting. Is there anything that isn't picked apart on a daily basis??

Type of washing machine ffs  :o

Some people will bite off their noses to spite their faces over here

I actually know someone who bought a bigger truck (thank they already had) to spite the Prius drivers in town.

I know others who didn't have guns but  who went out and bought them in response to something the Democratic governor said

And the worst of all, a relation of my wife, flat out  stopped recycling in response to stricter recycling rules brought in by their town. They even put beer bottles that have a deposit in the trash

The levels of stupidity and closed mindedness over here is mind blowing (and I'm in MA where people are pretty well educated)

omaghjoe

Anyone do their taxes?
Defo eyebrow raising.