Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Any manager coming a distance is entitled to at the very least, travel expenses. After that the club should not be out of pocket on a manager.

Now, and this is the case in most clubs that 'pay'. A very successful clubman will generally front this money. That is between that person and the manager. Club is generally not involved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on September 23, 2020, 07:35:33 PM
I didnt think Peter Doherty took payment for any of the jobs he has done so thats no suprise that Moneyglass Intermediate success was not delivered by a paid manager. Had Gerard Mc Nulty delivered for Creggan (they couldnt have got much closer to be fair) that success would also be cost free too.
there is a Saying in Belfast regarding Lagan and a bubble BS - The Mcnultys took Madden's 40 pieces of silver to coach against thier  own have no doubt about it

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 23, 2020, 08:18:20 PM
I didnt think Peter Doherty took payment for any of the jobs he has done so thats no suprise that Moneyglass Intermediate success was not delivered by a paid manager. Had Gerard Mc Nulty delivered for Creggan (they couldnt have got much closer to be fair) that success would also be cost free too.
there is a Saying in Belfast regarding Lagan and a bubble BS - The Mcnultys took Madden's 40 pieces of silver to coach against thier  own have no doubt about it

There's a saying down the country that Belfast should be pushed into the sea but it won't happen 😉🤷‍♂️

imtommygunn

It's a bit much calling out people, particularly specific individuals, like this when you're  sitting behind anonymity on a message board   >:( It's poor form.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 23, 2020, 08:29:07 PM

There's a saying down the country that Belfast should be pushed into the sea but it won't happen 😉🤷‍♂️
do u still believe in the tooth fairy in the country?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 23, 2020, 08:59:23 PM

Yeah of course we do. The Easter bunny gives him a lift

bannside

None of the four "outsiders" I mentioned took a penny from either Creggan or Moneyglass this year. I understand how some people might have difficulty believing that - but  on this subject I know that I'm100% right. Otherwise I would have no intention of bringing it up in the first place.

paddyjohn

Peter Dohertys son in law plays for MG. Thats why he took them.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 23, 2020, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 23, 2020, 08:59:23 PM

Yeah of course we do. The Easter bunny gives him a lift
Not a free lift from the Easter Bunny though, Santa slips a wad of cash under the outsiders pillows after every session. An old fashioned Lucky Bag with no poor prizes.

themac_23

That's not true at all, they took no money from Creggan.

123Bigball

Alot of clubs paying someone within a setup ATM.weather it S&C coach,manager or coach. Some clubs even bring in keeper coaches. Suppose they all trying to compete at the top level. Cargins 3 in a row surely cost around 75k over the 3 years. They will hardly care with the success that comes. All the better if its a wealthy donor paying for it. Went through alot of club men before Brennan got them over the line again.

Calm Down

Well lads do we know if there will be any football league or are clubs indicating that they have no hunger for them?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: themac_23 on September 23, 2020, 11:26:55 PM

Belfast Gaa man, what an inappropriate name you have as you clearly not impassioned with the core gaa values coming on here trying to vilify good Gaa men with not an iotoa of evidence to smear good peoples name, who in truth have made massive contributions to the mental health of the communities with the teams they have coached. Creggan did loose on Sunday, but we as a community have been treated to great summer from June when we were allowed to return to our games coming out of covid. Those players and the drive and expertise of the mangers/coaches have been a blessing to our community having an enjoyable three months. And I commend all those clubs and management teams to put themselves out there, at risk from covid to themselves and their families, for all our benefit, and yours, you de-energising hoor. ;D lol

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 24, 2020, 11:11:24 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on September 23, 2020, 11:26:55 PM

Belfast Gaa man, what an inappropriate name you have as you clearly not impassioned with the core gaa values coming on here trying to vilify good Gaa men with not an iotoa of evidence to smear good peoples name, who in truth have made massive contributions to the mental health of the communities with the teams they have coached. Creggan did loose on Sunday, but we as a community have been treated to great summer from June when we were allowed to return to our games coming out of covid. Those players and the drive and expertise of the mangers/coaches have been a blessing to our community having an enjoyable three months. And I commend all those clubs and management teams to put themselves out there, at risk from covid to themselves and their families, for all our benefit, and yours, you de-energising hoor. ;D lol
Ouch ! the 'core values' of the GAA are not taking a team against your own club who Taught you so much - Creggan put out st endas I believe. What motivates people to do this, if not money, baffles me! I love the stories where a club man takes a team right thorugh from u12 to win a senior championship - they are the heroes of the GAA DK

imtommygunn

I find your calling out of this specific guy, who I know nothing about might I add, in pretty poor form tbh. You'd think now the money think has been debunked you might stop but no :(