Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

The line ball before the goal should have been a Monaghan ball.

Unlaoised

Quote from: extra time on August 13, 2018, 10:06:19 AM

Yes that was as clear as day ...very very poor call ...

He was bad for both sides but the big calls went against the Farney county for sure...I can see how they were a bit aggrieved at the end.

To be so close to an All ireland when a better ref might or might not made a massive difference.

McManaus never so much as got a thing of Nolan all day as a previous poster said its as if he didn't like him ...

LAOIS ABÚ

smort

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 13, 2018, 10:10:59 AM

He was bad for both sides but the big calls went against the Farney county for sure...I can see how they were a bit aggrieved at the end.

To be so close to an All ireland when a better ref might or might not made a massive difference.

McManaus never so much as got a thing of Nolan all day as a previous poster said its as if he didn't like him ...

Pretty sure the referee gave a free to Tyrone for a barge in the back rather than a line ball in the build up to the goal

NAG1

Think you will find he got a very handy one in the first half, when he played for by stopping his run so the Tyrone man had no where to go. Scoreable free too if my memory serves me right.

Think the most blatant one was Colly Cav toward the end, throwing himself at the Monagahan defender, never was a free and if anything a free out for charging. Definitely would feel agrrieved about that one.

But all being said if Beggan would have held his head and played a pass and worked a chance they could have tied the game up. If he isnt capable of making decisions under pressure why the hell was he out of his goal in the first place. Terrible decision.

The Subbie

Quote from: highorlow on August 13, 2018, 10:02:12 AM
Thanks.

I don't think Monagahan can have much complaints on the ref. They got away with a few throw passes during the match. They lacked another forward to help McManus.

Tyrone were brilliant in midfield, even that lad number 20 that came on fielded a great ball towards the end.

Encyclopedic knowledge. Well done sur

redzone

Quote from: smort on August 13, 2018, 10:15:50 AM

Pretty sure the referee gave a free to Tyrone for a barge in the back rather than a line ball in the build up to the goal

Yes it was a free rather than a sideline ball. But clowns like above in their haste blame the ref can't see the game in front of themselves. Beggan has been the hero for Monaghan before but yesterday he ducked up big time and must be held accountable rather than the ref

An Watcher

Ref was poor for both sides and there are loads of examples.  Bevan was lucky in one instance when he barged into the back of mcaliskey to ensure the ball went out of play.  Tyrone man was never getting it but beggan made a hash of it and risked giving a free away.  Never a free at the end.  Why would a tyrone Tyrone man risk doing that at the end

straightred

Quote from: redzone on August 13, 2018, 10:21:47 AM
Quote from: smort on August 13, 2018, 10:15:50 AM

Yes it was a free rather than a sideline ball. But clowns like above in their haste blame the ref can't see the game in front of themselves. Beggan has been the hero for Monaghan before but yesterday he ducked up big time and must be held accountable rather than the ref
No it wasn't  :) The linesman got it wrong but it was a very close call so i wouldn't mind that too much. It was a lineball though.

Its never a good sign when there is so much talk about a ref. it was as bad yesterday as Mayo Kerry in Limerick or Dubiln Kerry in croker a couple of years ago.

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 09:18:12 AM
Quote from: highorlow on August 13, 2018, 09:05:12 AM
I'd like to have seen the Morgan incident before half time. The ref pulled him on something like the ball moving when he was taking a kick out? Cost Tyrone a point and cost me my HT/FT bet.
Took it well before the 13m line.

Hampsey wasn't outside the 21 when the ball was kicked. That's the 3rd time it's happened this year!! Silly thing to get caught on because it's not as if hampsey was even looking the ball.

sensethetone

I thought the ref was poor for letting Monaghan over-carry regularly around mid-way through the second half. It helped swing momentum Monaghan's way to get the scores to equalise.

Hughes non free was exactly that, he tried the same thing maybe 5 mins before hand and got a soft one.

straightred

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
I'd like to have seen the Morgan incident before half time. The ref pulled him on something like the ball moving when he was taking a kick out? Cost Tyrone a point and cost me my HT/FT bet.

Hampsey wasn't outside the 21 when the ball was kicked. That's the 3rd time it's happened this year!! Silly thing to get caught on because it's not as if hampsey was even looking the ball.
I'm near sure all players were outside.
The ball was moving, it wasn't on the 13m line, maybe a player wasn't outside the 20 as well. There was numerous things wrong with it

Jinxy

Quote from: The Subbie on August 13, 2018, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: highorlow on August 13, 2018, 10:02:12 AM
Thanks.

I don't think Monagahan can have much complaints on the ref. They got away with a few throw passes during the match. They lacked another forward to help McManus.

Tyrone were brilliant in midfield, even that lad number 20 that came on fielded a great ball towards the end.

Encyclopedic knowledge. Well done sur

Conal McCann.
Tiernan's brother.
It goes without saying, he absolutely LOVES his hair.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jayop

Quote from: sensethetone on August 13, 2018, 10:57:57 AM
I thought the ref was poor for letting Monaghan over-carry regularly around mid-way through the second half. It helped swing momentum Monaghan's way to get the scores to equalise.

Hughes non free was exactly that, he tried the same thing maybe 5 mins before hand and got a soft one.

Hughes contribution was the wrestling off the ball he started that won a free, the worst dive for a few years that the Tyrone haters here seem to have missed and at the end another attempt to buy a free with him starting off the ball wrestling. Delighted for him because he's a whiney bitch then after about it all and was in 2015 too.

Jayop

Quote from: straightred on August 13, 2018, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2018, 10:47:06 AM

I'm near sure all players were outside.
The ball was moving, it wasn't on the 13m line, maybe a player wasn't outside the 20 as well. There was numerous things wrong with it

Ball was fine where it was and the player was miles outside the twenty. Possible that the ball was just moving but like all these decisions against Morgan you never see any other keeper get pinged for doing the same things. Some of them are so nit pickey fro the refs it's like they've seen one fella do it and want to prove they can be eagle eyed too.

Dire Ear

Would love neutral someone to go through the whole match, see where he could have got it wrong  and THEN rate the ref.
Genuinely thought he was as bad/inevperienced to both