Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on August 12, 2018, 08:38:30 AM
In truth the 2 point defeat really flattered Tyrone the first day. After a promising start from Tyrone, Monaghan got hold of the game and Tyrone looked pretty ragged. Late goal made it look better for Tyrone but 5 points would have been a fairer reflection of the game.

Been a strange old summer since then with some rather unconvincing Tyrone performances, and some huge scores (albeit against teams who aren't as physically strong as Tyrone and who to try and play a traditional style, the kind of teams this Tyrone system destroys). The last 20 minutes last week gave me hope, a tantalising glimpse of what is possible when Tyrone committ more to attack, and with the right attackers. Monaghan are a tougher challenge than Donegal, but if it's close with 20 mins or so left and the Tyrone cavalry to go in, there will be a chance.

Safe travels to all.
Yeah - they just about survived Meath and have pushed on since. Monaghan had a handy qualifier run but then topped their super 8 group. I'm expecting this to be a 1 or 2 point game with Monaghan doing just enough.... maybe Beggan to kick a 60 yd monster to win it

imtommygunn

Beggan can be rattled. Donaghy putting him off against kerry really threw him off his game. I would expect tyrone to do that too.

straightred

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2018, 09:10:00 AM
Beggan can be rattled. Donaghy putting him off against kerry really threw him off his game. I would expect tyrone to do that too.
there isn't a trick in the book that tyrone wont try but hopefully the ref is wise to them. Even at that i'd still fancy beggan to slot them over

RedHand88

Road closures on the way into armagh from Newry from 7 this evening. Something to be aware of.

imtommygunn

Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 09:22:47 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2018, 09:10:00 AM
there isn't a trick in the book that tyrone wont try but hopefully the ref is wise to them. Even at that i'd still fancy beggan to slot them over

Donaghy really rattled him in clones. Morgan is the same with distance frees. They can be rattled.

Jinxy

Lads, I know it's all about the result today, but if you wouldn't mind giving us a good, entertaining game, we'd really, really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

The rest of us
If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Hopefully this will be a decent watch. Would prefer to see monaghan winning but good luck to both

Dire Ear

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on August 11, 2018, 07:58:32 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2018, 02:57:16 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 11, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

::) I've already been commenting in this thread, I was simply passing comment on the amount of Tyrone lads here. What do you want me to do, go on a GAA board recruitment drive around the county?

Why so precious so? Will you be railing against the rain next, and blaming us?

We are, in general, so excited, about the game tomorrow. In fact, we just cannot wait, and we just can't help ourselves but to spread that benevolent incandescence!  ;D
Like  "...hysterical young girls at a wedding"?

Worse, way worse ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

reddgnhand

Orchard park

I would love to see Monaghan win but the downsidecwoukd be Dick effin Clerkin being unsufferable for the next 40 years

cuconnacht

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go