Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:51:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:34:20 PM
Well you start with a list and work through who wants it, who we can afford. I'm sure o Rourke could be tempted away from glen if the price was right.

Prizing club managers away if the price is right? That's some departure from your reasonings for giving Harte dogs abuse, you really are a bit of complete slimeball in the personal attacks you dish out people who give a lot to GAA in Tyrone.

If you want Harte out so much then surely you have realistic prime candidate in place? Who is it? If you can't put it up then shut your trap.
harte has took as much from Tyrone gaa as he has give. Right now I'd let any **** manage the team just to get rid of harte and his boring, conservative attitude and his fuckin selfish, ego driven power trip.

He's a Tyrone GAA great and all you do is launch nasty, personal and vindictive remarks about him. You don't even care about the fortunes of Tyrone GAA in regards your agenda against Mickey Harte. It's pathetic.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Stan

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:51:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 03:34:20 PM
Well you start with a list and work through who wants it, who we can afford. I'm sure o Rourke could be tempted away from glen if the price was right.

Prizing club managers away if the price is right? That's some departure from your reasonings for giving Harte dogs abuse, you really are a bit of complete slimeball in the personal attacks you dish out people who give a lot to GAA in Tyrone.

If you want Harte out so much then surely you have realistic prime candidate in place? Who is it? If you can't put it up then shut your trap.
harte has took as much from Tyrone gaa as he has give. Right now I'd let any **** manage the team just to get rid of harte and his boring, conservative attitude and his fuckin selfish, ego driven power trip.

looks like your problem with mh is the biggest thing going on in your life - that last post i all about your opinion...doesnt ad anything at all to the discussion

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on November 02, 2020, 03:44:09 PM
I have asked a lot of men today if Harte resigns who replaces him?? The list is not Long between us All... We maybe thought Would Ricey/Joe McMahon working with Harte be an option....

There's no standout candidate though.

Look at Harte before he got the Tyrone gig.

Multiple Ulster and All Ireland titles at minor and u21. Club Championship with Errigal, Ulster Championship with Errigal.

There's no candidate like that about now. There's a few guys basically being mentioned on a ticket but there's no standout candidate within the county. Malachy O'Rourke would have been the most obvious choice (even though he's a Fermanagh man) as he lives in Ballygawley and has a good track record behind him.

I can't see Canavan giving up his TV gig for it, he'd be mad to and he's been out of the management for too long.

There's very limited managerial experience with the 03-08 sides. Ricey is cutting his teeth with Fermanagh now but has to prove himself, Collie Holmes has had mixed results with the Tyrone underage teams and as far as I know the rest of those teams are merely just selectors in any management role they have taken on.

Logan has the AI U21 title to his name but has he had any managerial role since then? McGleenan had a horrow show with Cavan. Tally has to prove himself with Down first, he's not really done anything of note there yet for the Tyrone job. Dinky McBride had some success at underage with Monaghan but surely he'd have been ahead of Banty for that job last year if he was rated.

There hasn't really been anyone on the club scene who has significantly stood out.

So fair enough agitating for change but unless we have an upgrade then what's the point.

Ideally someone like Canavan has the aura and you can tell from his punditry that he is an astute reader of the game but I genuinely think he's not that interested in management right now.

It's a poison chalice for him in more ways than one. Canavan knows exactly the abuse Harte gets about Peter. He didn't come down in the last shower.

Canavan's son is good, is he a certain starter? Not for me, just yet anyway. Why would you take the county job and face the exact same thing that Harte gets over Peter? That's exactly what would happen. No way Canavan touches the Tyrone job even if he's offered it, someone else will have to be the fall guy after Harte first.

5times5times

Is McKernan OK? Did he get concussed? Did he make the tanning booth ok today?

Localexpert

No point in discussing lads der fuhrer has already consolidated his power when he had Jordan ousted.  The remaining puppets will not get rid of him....

skeog

Peter the pundit is different from Peter the manager.Handy remuneration for a couple of enjoyable hours watching the great game.Become manager things would be totally different.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: the_daddy on November 02, 2020, 05:33:04 PM
If the Logan/Dooher/Canavan u21 management setup are interested in the Senior job then it shouldn't even be a discussion, get them in.
100% agree they're the standout candidates. Even including Collie Holmes would make the package all the more attractive.
Could see Lee Brennan and others getting back involved with them taking over.

square_ball

Quote from: Localexpert on November 02, 2020, 04:58:27 PM
No point in discussing lads der fuhrer has already consolidated his power when he had Jordan ousted.  The remaining puppets will not get rid of him....

Would the O'Hagans and Herron be interested?

clarshack

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 02, 2020, 04:11:50 PM
I have asked a lot of men today if Harte resigns who replaces him?? The list is not Long between us All... We maybe thought Would Ricey/Joe McMahon working with Harte be an option....

Multiple Ulster and All Ireland titles at minor and u21. Club Championship with Errigal, Ulster Championship with Errigal.

There's no candidate like that about now. There's a few guys basically being mentioned on a ticket but there's no standout candidate within the county. Malachy O'Rourke would have been the most obvious choice (even though he's a Fermanagh man) as he lives in Ballygawley and has a good track record behind him.

I can't see Canavan giving up his TV gig for it, he'd be mad to and he's been out of the management for too long.

There's very limited managerial experience with the 03-08 sides. Ricey is cutting his teeth with Fermanagh now but has to prove himself, Collie Holmes has had mixed results with the Tyrone underage teams and as far as I know the rest of those teams are merely just selectors in any management role they have taken on.

Logan has the AI U21 title to his name but has he had any managerial role since then? McGleenan had a horrow show with Cavan. Tally has to prove himself with Down first, he's not really done anything of note there yet for the Tyrone job. Dinky McBride had some success at underage with Monaghan but surely he'd have been ahead of Banty for that job last year if he was rated.

There hasn't really been anyone on the club scene who has significantly stood out.

So fair enough agitating for change but unless we have an upgrade then what's the point.

Ideally someone like Canavan has the aura and you can tell from his punditry that he is an astute reader of the game but I genuinely think he's not that interested in management right now.

It's a poison chalice for him in more ways than one. Canavan knows exactly the abuse Harte gets about Peter. He didn't come down in the last shower.

Canavan's son is good, is he a certain starter? Not for me, just yet anyway. Why would you take the county job and face the exact same thing that Harte gets over Peter? That's exactly what would happen. No way Canavan touches the Tyrone job even if he's offered it, someone else will have to be the fall guy after Harte first.

I'd agree with that, therefore I think Logan/Dooher/Holmes could be the trio to make it work.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on November 02, 2020, 06:24:56 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on November 02, 2020, 04:58:27 PM

Would the O'Hagans and Herron be interested?

They are out of work until the cub doesn't like the next manager  ;)

lenny

Quote from: clarshack on November 02, 2020, 06:53:16 PM

I'd agree with that, therefore I think Logan/Dooher/Holmes could be the trio to make it work.

I've heard from a really good source that someone has been sounded out to see if they're interested. I'm not sure if it was a just in case Harte steps down but they've indicated an interest. Someone inside the county and a name that several posters have mentioned. It might come to nothing if Harte demands to stay on.

redzone

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on November 02, 2020, 09:24:53 PM

I've heard from a really good source that someone has been sounded out to see if they're interested. I'm not sure if it was a just in case Harte steps down but they've indicated an interest. Someone inside the county and a name that several posters have mentioned. It might come to nothing if Harte demands to stay on.

Nobody is going to fall for this.

twenty one yard free

Some man mentioned earlier could we pay the big money, I've news for ye we certainly have the money for whoever is needed, Jonny Davis wages would pay for some manager @£500 per day

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 02, 2020, 09:37:38 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 02, 2020, 09:24:53 PM

Nobody is going to fall for this.

It's 100% true that I heard this and 100% true that it's from a good source. It may be that I was being fed a line ie a bit of a wind up. I was told about it last weekend.