American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

thats great can't wait heading over satuday week coming back tuesday really lloking forward to the whole event
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lfdown2

AZOffaly

I'm heading over Saturday morning, the 25th, and back on Monday the 27th. I hope to follow a similar pattern to last year in terms of pre match porter and all. Saturday night in Covent Garden area, Porterhouse and on to a late bar.

Sunday morning, up to the Green Man, near Wembley, which was very good last year. Cheerleaders, Barbeque, Beer and Merchandise of all NFL teams, (which is unlikely at Wembley itself, last year they just had Dolphins and Giants' gear).

If ye are around, I'll be the Biffo in Arizona Cardinals gear!!

thejuice

Aye, we'll probably head to the Green Man,

I thnk this is going to be a really good game the more I thnk about it. Neither team is playing perfect, lots of turnovers, big plays, 2  potentially explosive offence, 2 suspect defences.  Cant wait.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

are the dodgers dead? hope they can come back. it'd be great to see them play the red sox just to make manny go back to boston. he'll get some reception there ;D

Carmen Stateside

Great win for the Cardinals they deserved that!

thejuice

Aye, seems like an exciting finish. Cowboys, Redskins, Panthers,lose while the Eagles beat the 9ers, Falcons beat the Bears (Ryan 301yds, Top NFC South). The Colts absolutley stomped on the Ravens as well.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bod Mor

Go on the Falcons!!! That's some win. 14-2 season ahead :D
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on October 13, 2008, 01:22:35 AM
Aye, seems like an exciting finish. Cowboys, Redskins, Panthers,lose while the Eagles beat the 9ers, Falcons beat the Bears (Ryan 301yds, Top NFC South). The Colts absolutley stomped on the Ravens as well.

4 games decided with 10 seconds or less thrilling weekend, Atlanta field goal killed my square for 1250.00 :'(

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Savage result for the Cards. After giving away a 10 point lead with 2.40 remaining, I was sure they'd lose, but they even bucked the trend by losing the toss for OT, and still coming up with the win. Okeafor gave away a stupid offside penalty which allowed Folk the chance to make a 52 yard FG to tie, instead of a 57 yard attempt, but his sack on Romo in OT made up for it. Great win, and 4-2 heading for the bye week. Could it possibly be this year? As it stands they lead the NFC West, and have beated 2 AFC East teams, and 1 NFC East team.

magpie seanie

Roller coaster final half a quarter watching da Bears last night. Stuffed on 4th and goal. Crazy missed FG by Atlanta after a monstrous return and a good stand by the Bears D. Then a drive that deserved to win the game put Bears in the lead only for Ryan's heroics to set up that winning FG and redemption for the Falcs kicker. Bears drop to 3-3 but could easily be better than that. NFC north is going to be tight. 3 home games coming and need to get fat on them.

thejuice

Anyone's tickets for Wembley arrive yet? Ticketmaster sadly dont give a Fedex tracking number, it would have been useful.

Puckoon

What a day yesterday! Anyone who got a bet up with those results yesterday deserves some serious credit.

The cards, the rams, big upsets.

AZOffaly

The Cards have periodically done well against the Cowboys. I remember a few wins when I was a season ticket holder in the late 90s. The Cardinals actually beat the 'Boys in the playoffs in Dallas in 1998 with Jake Plummer, so I wasn't shocked with that result, although it was an upset. Arizona at home are quite good at times.

Puckoon

no doubt AZ, but with all the talk of this being the cowboys year I didnt see it coming! Let me know next time and ill cut you a share!