American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Chargers 0-2....need a run to start. Thought they were back in '07 mode in the last 2 quarters - left themselves too much to do though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Claw

Terrible decision, is there a reason why Chargers didnt challenge it? Were they out of timeouts?

Carmen Stateside

They were out of TO alright, that may have something to do with it! But what did the Ref look at when he reveiwed it?  It was very clear from any replay I saw!!!

DrinknHarp

The play was reviewed. When there is under 2 min left the review call comes directly from the Ref upstairs. The ref stated the play was a fumble but he blew the whistle ending the play after the fumble. Tough call against SD but the rules state once the whistle is blown the play is dead. Ed Hockely(sp)stated he blew the whistle even though it was a fumble, Ed is one of the best refs or the best ref in the NFL so it shows everyone can make a mistake.
Denver better go out and do some charity work for the charity the received today.

On the flipside Shanahan has the biggest nut sack to go for the win instead of the tie.

AZOffaly

Great games on Sky yesterday. The Chargers-Broncos was a great one, but not much defence. The Chargers will be sickened though, the interception/fumble recovery by Champ Bailey that the replay machine was broken for, and the Ref blowing the play dead after Cutler fumbled.

What a call by Shanahan to go for 2 though. He must have thought 'feck it, we should have lost anyway', but if they hadn't made it, he'd be pilloried today.

Vikings should have beaten the Colts as well. Unbelievable to hear the Vikings fans booing Tavaris Jackson after every incompletion, even when they were winning. What must that do to a young QB? Adrian Peterson looks class again, but they need to turn field goals into touchdowns if they're going to make a run.

Favre did a Favre on it last night as well. I know that's what your going to get with him when he goes into gunslinger mode, but he really does throw crazy interceptions, and to give the Patriots a short field like that was criminal. I don't think Cassells was going to march 60 or 70 yards for a score against the Jets D. What happened Moroney? Did he get hurt, or has he sunk to 3rd in the depth chart behind Morris and Faulk?

Finally, the Lions, they are gas altogether. Get right back into the game, and take the lead, then boom. FG, and 3 INTs by Kitna and they get a hammering.

And the Cardinals are 2-0!! And with the 49ers beating Seattle last night in Seattle, the Cards have a 2 game lead over the Seahawks and Rams, with the 49ers, whom the Cards have beaten in SF, 1-1.

Is this the year?

NLF is great.

thejuice

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2008, 09:36:42 AM
NLF is great.

I prefer the NFL but its your choice  ;)

I was too pissed to stay awake, I remember watching Favre throwing an INT and the next time I open my eyes I'm watching Teleshopping. looks like I missed a great weekend of football, I'll try catch the highlights later
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Quote from: thejuice on September 15, 2008, 10:42:24 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2008, 09:36:42 AM
NLF is great.

I prefer the NFL but its your choice  ;)

I was too pissed to stay awake, I remember watching Favre throwing an INT and the next time I open my eyes I'm watching Teleshopping. looks like I missed a great weekend of football, I'll try catch the highlights later

The NFL isn't bad, but the National Linedancing Federation is something else.

thejuice

anyone else up watching the Eagles Vs Cowboys? 3-0 to the eagles at the minute.

anyone watching the Eagles vs Cowboys, Romo fumbles in the EZ and now DeSean Jackson threw the ball away after catching a bomb from McNabb before he passed the goal-line, f**king idiot, started celebrating too early. what a tool.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinknHarp

What a moron, Desean Jackson, threw the football down before crossing the goalline on a 60+ bomb for a TD.

High scoring 27-21 with 7:30 left in 1st half, a real shootout in Dallas :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Carmen Stateside

Great game going!!
Come on Eagles hold on!!!!!! :o

Carmen Stateside

10 mins to go!
Make the call Harp!
Westbrook got to be one of the best RB in league.

thejuice

great game a real see-saw battle,

and wheres TO been this half? that seems to be the way things go, great start then he goes missing, perhaps its the coverage changes to cover him more

Carmen Stateside

This aint over yet! Great  stuff!  :)