Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

It all starts again tonight, cant wait!
Redskins  v   Giants     7.00pm  Giants Stadium
+ 4 1/2    - 4 1/2

41 1/2 over

Giants and the under! ;)

AZOffaly

This could be in the 'What the f**k' thread, but i think it's hilarious.

Detroit RB Johnson says Tatum Bell took luggage

Sep 3, 5:19 pm EDT

Buzz Up
      Print

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)—Detroit running back Rudi Johnson said Wednesday that the player who was waived to make room for him on the Lions' roster—Tatum Bell — took his luggage from team headquarters.

"All this happened when he got released," Johnson said. "He came in to get some stuff out of his locker and that's when he scooped up the bags."

After being cut by the Cincinnati Bengals, Johnson came to Detroit to work out for the team and meet with Lions president Matt Millen on Monday. During the meeting, which ended with Johnson agreeing to a free-agent contract, the two Gucci bags that he had received as a Pro Bowl gift were taken from inside the team's headquarters.

A message seeking comment was left Wednesday with Bell's agent, Kennard McGuire.

Johnson met with the Detroit media for the first time Tuesday, and talked about Bell in a positive manner—saying they had discussed the Lions and that Bell, also a running back, had given him advice on the team and the city.

However, shortly after Johnson praised Bell, team security director Ricky Sandoval showed him footage from the team's surveillance system.

"Ricky showed me the tape Tuesday afternoon," Johnson said. "What makes this crazy is that I've talked to him after games, and I talked to him a couple hours prior to this—I guess it was before he found out he was going to be released."

Johnson said a woman returned the bags to the practice facility Tuesday evening, but that the contents were gone.

"I got the bags back—empty," he said. "So he's got a bunch of my underclothes. What he's going to do with that, I don't know. He's got some socks and boxers."

Johnson said he was also still missing about $200 in cash along with his ID and the credit cards, but said that he did not plan to involve the authorities.

"I don't need the police for this," he said. "I got my bags back and the credit cards are canceled."

Johnson did speak with Bell after the bags were returned.

"I didn't want to talk to him, but I let him know where I stand," he said. "He knows how I feel about it, and it isn't anything positive."

Lions coach Rod Marinelli declined to comment on the issue after Wednesday's practice, but the team issued a short, uncredited statement before Johnson confirmed the reports that had started on the Internet Tuesday night.

"We are aware of the media reports regarding former player Tatum Bell," the statement said. "Our sole focus continues to be on our regular season opener in Atlanta. We will not have any further comment on the media reports involving Tatum Bell."

BallyhaiseMan

;D  ;D  ;D

Bell probably fumbled the bags a few times before he got home.

the Deel Rover

well lads did any of ye stay up to watch the match last night? the giants won by 16-7 the man i was looking out for was plaxico and he duly earned me 13 points for the fantasy football
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I watched it until 10-0, then I got sensible. The Giant's looked very good early, I assume they slowed up a bit to end with 17.

full back

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 04, 2008, 02:14:09 PM
It all starts again tonight, cant wait!
Redskins  v   Giants     7.00pm  Giants Stadium
+ 4 1/2    - 4 1/2

41 1/2 over

Giants and the under! ;)

Good call Carmen

thejuice

I watched it though I dozed through the second half. The Giants looked amazing on their first drive. But they stalled in the redzone after that. Brandon Jacobs had a solid game. He really levelled Landry. Jason Campbell came into it eventually when he got some better protection.

The Giants D-line didnt look slowed by the loss of Osi and Strahan although Kywanuka injured his ankle on the last play of the game. You can see that the Redskins had eventually got things going and started figuring out how to stop the Giants.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2008, 10:19:57 AM
I watched it until 10-0, then I got sensible. The Giant's looked very good early, I assume they slowed up a bit to end with 17.

Me too!

AZOffaly

Quote from: thejuice on September 05, 2008, 10:27:26 AM
I watched it though I dozed through the second half. The Giants looked amazing on their first drive. But they stalled in the redzone after that. Brandon Jacobs had a solid game. He really levelled Landry. Jason Campbell came into it eventually when he got some better protection.

The Giants D-line didnt look slowed by the loss of Osi and Strahan although Kywanuka injured his ankle on the last play of the game. You can see that the Redskins had eventually got things going and started figuring out how to stop the Giants.

That was class. It was like a 4x4 running through/over a picket fence. Deadly.

the Deel Rover

lads when did yere hands on the tickets for the match last year ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

thejuice

I cant remember when they arrived, it might be an idea to skip back through this thread to this time last year I'm sure there'll be mention of it. Although was there a thread for the Wembley game itself?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2008, 01:57:13 PM

I collected mine from the box office on the morning of the game. No hassles, no worries about losing them or getting lost in the post.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2008, 04:38:14 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2008, 01:57:13 PM

I collected mine from the box office on the morning of the game. No hassles, no worries about losing them or getting lost in the post.

was that an option when you were booking az or did you do it later ? i'm sure  i requested mine to be posted out
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Option when buying them, I think.