Bolts vs  Perfect Cheats

Gabriel_Hurl

another good first half

the games have all been excellent so far this weekend

magickingdom

and finally the giants sack romo...

Puckoon

Stayed away from the football games.

Put a little money on the NBA instead. Should be a half decent evening watching ball.

magickingdom

yet another great game... well done the giants, romo took some beating in the last quarter. delighted to see jerry jones crestfallen face at the end..

GalwayBayBoy

Next weekend.

Chargers @ Patriots

Giants @ Packers

heganboy

In fairness, the Giants stole that they were outplayed the entire game...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on January 14, 2008, 12:57:45 AM
In fairness, the Giants stole that they were outplayed the entire game...

Bollocks. I backed both winners today. The pack are hosting the NFC championship game next week and we have been offered four grand to give up the house for next weekend as we live ten minutes from lambeau.

The cheats are going to the superbowl as are the pack. The pats will win it but it will be very close.

Heganboy, the giants won despite several home town calls and I am delighted.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

stew, I am delighted the Giants won too, however the number of dropped passes that the Cowboys had in wide open space was unreal. Giants D put no pressure on Romo the entire first half. Manning's second scoring drive was fantastic (the 48 second run). However Dallas controlled the ball (due in no small part to the injuries the Giants D picked up) and Barber had a stormer.

Looking forward to the Green Bay match up.

If you don't like the Pats (like me for example) I think that Green Bay have a better chance of stopping them than NYG however the Coughlin decision to go full barrel after the pats in the last game of the season could pay off in spades if they get them in the Superbowl. 2 Mannings in a row?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Two months ago people in New York were dispairing of Manning ever maturing into a reliable, mature quarterback. Its amazing how quickly things can change!

Great win for the Giants. The defense had to put in some serious overtime, but Manning came up with the opportunities when they mattered. Romo looked like he was about to lose it completely in the fourth quarter, especially after he threw the ball out of play when no one was near him! Its fairly certain that Favre and, presumably Brady, will be a bit better in their decision making when the pressure is on.

Tyrones own

Have to agree, it's Brady's to lose now at this point, can't say I'd be too
disappointed being that he's a home town boy an all.
Surprised at the begrudging surrounding the Pats, a finely oiled machine
that will stop at nothing to beat that dolphin's record and fair play to them imo!
I was looking for a Jax win myself but they simply weren't good enough and i can't
see the chargers getting it done either especially with injuries staring them in the face now.
It would be great to see Favre pick up another one but he'd have it all to do..
Giants - Pats superbowl i think!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

TO - Greenbay will win the NFC I think.

If they do, and they can keep it close in the superbowl, anything can happen down the stretch with favre. He needs to not force it and he will do well. In addition, Green Bay have the defensive backs to put a little squeeze on the Pats reveivers. Anything can happen, but thats how I see it.

Minder

Quote from: magickingdom on January 14, 2008, 12:51:10 AM
yet another great game... well done the giants, romo took some beating in the last quarter. delighted to see jerry jones crestfallen face at the end..

Surgically enhanced crestfallen face. Cowboys picked a bad time of the year to start playing garbage.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GY Joe

All Hail Tom Brady... All Hail New England Patriots.. :D

The Chargers will be a tough match-up. A very different team to the one that NE beat 38-14 earlier this year. Revenge is on the Chargers side, but the Pats O-line will relish another chance to shut LT up again if he plays.

Perfection here we come....

Kudos to Brett Favre and the Pack. Also to the Giants, I agree with the previous poster who said it was great to see Jerry Jones' crestfallen mug after the game...

lfdown2