Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 840453 times)

lurganblue

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #13185 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:49 AM »
Brady was unbelievable again last night wasnt he.  Man just doesnt get old.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: September 12, 2021, 10:06:20 PM »
The refs beat the vikings tonight. They wouldn't overturn a bad decision of a fumble in overtime to hand the game to the Bengals. I am fuming.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: September 12, 2021, 11:56:36 PM »
Decent game! 2 QBs at the height of their powers… what happened to the Packers??

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: September 13, 2021, 09:54:59 AM »
There looks to be problems at the pack.  Rodgers hooked. Threw two interceptions but all in all, the options down the field looked limited, with Adams mostly well marshalled.  The Saints were able to get decent pressure on him too.

I thought Jameis did well too.  He was able to run and move up in the pocket when required and could throw the deep ball.  Something the Saints have been missing for a few years.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: September 20, 2021, 02:07:38 AM »
Vikings miss a 37 yard last second field goal to win at Arizona.

The Saints and Jameis Winston came back down to earth with a bump losing 26-7 at the panthers. This is the real Jameis Winston I think.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: September 20, 2021, 11:18:26 AM »
Vikings miss a 37 yard last second field goal to win at Arizona.

The Saints and Jameis Winston came back down to earth with a bump losing 26-7 at the panthers. This is the real Jameis Winston I think.

Excuses flying round about the offensive staff all missing due to covid.  i would say you are more accurate with it being the real Jameis.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: September 21, 2021, 11:12:24 AM »
Jameis definitely looked more like his old self. Couldn't resist an ill-judged heave.

Derrick Henry is a monster.

Lamar is a generational talent and anyone who says otherwise has nothing to point to other than race, exposing themselves for what we all know then to be.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: September 21, 2021, 12:55:40 PM »
Jameis definitely looked more like his old self. Couldn't resist an ill-judged heave.

Derrick Henry is a monster.

Lamar is a generational talent and anyone who says otherwise has nothing to point to other than race, exposing themselves for what we all know then to be.
I think Lamar is great but he did throw a couple really bad INT's there too. I suppose it depends on your definition of generational. You'd have to have him behind Mahomes but he's definitely one of the top QB's of this generation. That was a great game to watch.

We've been spoiled having Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers all at the top for quite some time there. Be interesting to see how things play out once the last of those stops playing. I think we've more exciting QB's to watch now and the standard is generally higher without quite being at the same level at the very top.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #13193 on: September 21, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »
Lamar is probably the greatest rushing QB of all time. But until he gets the Ravens over the line in a genuinely big game or two, where the QB is the reason why, then he can’t described as a generational talent in that position.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: September 21, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »
Sunday night was a big win for Lamar. He needed that one. I don't watch college football much but when I heard of some of the pinball numbers he was putting up I followed him for a while. The talent is outrageous. I think he's getting there as a thrower but not as good as the top throwers just yet. Unmatched as a runner ever though.

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: September 21, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »
Raiders 2-0…what could go wrong?!!

Also Fresno State beat UCLA. They probably should’ve beat Oregon as well, who beat Ohio State, again…what could go wrong!

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: September 26, 2021, 07:49:02 PM »
Chiefs struggling against the Chargers in Kansas. 14-3 down into the second half.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: September 26, 2021, 08:49:51 PM »
Chiefs struggling against the Chargers in Kansas. 14-3 down into the second half.

Level at the 2min warning should be a good finish!

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: September 26, 2021, 09:53:11 PM »
Herbert is absolutely awesome. Overcame so absolutely brutal play calling. I sing6 think they'll win the West or anything but they're moving in the right direction at last. Plenty of talent, both young and veteran, on both sides of the ball.

Ravens stealing a win in Detroit with a record setting 66 yard walk-off FG was crazy.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: October 10, 2021, 06:03:00 PM »
Redzone is brilliant.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.