American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KickItInAndStartClapping

Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2021, 03:18:28 PM
So looks like the Nets are gonna walk the NBA playoffs, Clippers maybe equipped to live with them in the Finals but that's about it I would think

Do you not think the Suns stand a chance?

P.S. I bet 100euros on Nets @ 7/1 at start of year, just looking to know how safe my money is lol

gawa316

Clippers who struggled in 7 against Dallas, will have it tough as well against the Jazz.

I like the Suns but just can't see them overcoming the Nets if they even got there. Booker would need to score ridiculous points to keep them in touch

KickItInAndStartClapping

Quote from: gawa316 on June 08, 2021, 03:44:06 PM
Clippers who struggled in 7 against Dallas, will have it tough as well against the Jazz.

I like the Suns but just can't see them overcoming the Nets if they even got there. Booker would need to score ridiculous points to keep them in touch

Suns are a good side with a good leader

gallsman

What the Nets are doing to Giannis and the Bucks is incredible. I know there's an asterisk because of the bubble but the Heat made the finals last year and the Bucks absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Nets probably couldn't have dreamed of getting this much production out of the ghost of Blake Griffin.

People shouldn't sleep on Philly or the Jazz. Mitchell is a really, really special player.

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on June 08, 2021, 07:07:41 PM
What the Nets are doing to Giannis and the Bucks is incredible. I know there's an asterisk because of the bubble but the Heat made the finals last year and the Bucks absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Nets probably couldn't have dreamed of getting this much production out of the ghost of Blake Griffin.

People shouldn't sleep on Philly or the Jazz. Mitchell is a really, really special player.
The Heat were a good way short of last years team. The trade for Olapido backfired for them because of injury (and it could have a been a great trade). The Bucs were meant to have learned from last year but the Nets (without Harden) are killing them. The Nets are loaded and its hard to see anyone beating them

gawa316

Will Lebron move on for pastures new, in the hope of getting one more ring? AD is too injury prone and even with him, they don't have enough.

The brother-in-law heard a rumour of him moving to the Warriors (pinch of salt needed!)...Curry, Lebron, Green, Clay & Wisemen may be enough to put it up to the Nets!

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on June 08, 2021, 09:34:59 PM
Will Lebron move on for pastures new, in the hope of getting one more ring? AD is too injury prone and even with him, they don't have enough.

The brother-in-law heard a rumour of him moving to the Warriors (pinch of salt needed!)...Curry, Lebron, Green, Clay & Wisemen may be enough to put it up to the Nets!

LBJ under contract with the Lakers until at least 2022/23, you would think his time may be almost up when that contract is up
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Jokic named MVP. Thoroughly deserved. Lowest draft pick in history (41) to win it.

gawa316

Suns looking good here. Pity for Denver that Murray isn't fit, had a great play offs last year.

Jazz looking too strong for the Clips...Mitchell playing some stuff.

East is done. Nets to beat the Bucks in 5 and most likely 6ers in 5 maybe 6.

Be interesting to see if the Suns or Jazz have enough to put it up to them. It will take Booker or Mitchell to put up extraordinary numbers 

cadhlancian

Nets and Bucks far from done. Harden didnt play last night , Kyrie left the game with an ankle injury.....

gallsman

Kevin Durant, man.

49-10-17. All 48 minutes. Safe to say he's put the Achilles tear behind him. All time great.

Jell 0 Biafra

Chris Paul's Suns close out LA Clippers. 

I've only been watching since 99, but these have been the best playoffs I've seen.  Fantastic viewing.

shark

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 01, 2021, 05:17:38 AM

I've only been watching since 99, but these have been the best playoffs I've seen.  Fantastic viewing.

Agreed. All of the final 8 had a realistic shot at the championship. Injuries have made it so unpredictable.

Minder

Quote from: shark on July 01, 2021, 09:13:32 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 01, 2021, 05:17:38 AM

Agreed. All of the final 8 had a realistic shot at the championship. Injuries have made it so unpredictable.

Would have been even better if the injured players could have played, I know injuries happen but the Suns v Clippers series would have been even better with Kawhi Leonard, Suns v Lakers with Davis, Nets with Irving & Harden.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"