Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 841915 times)

lurganblue

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #13155 on: April 29, 2021, 10:41:28 PM »
The NFL draft is tonight. The Jaguars are picking first and will Take Trevor Lawrence from Clemson at quarterback. The rest of the draft is unpredictable and will make for a great late nights entertainment.

I saw some predictions having Fields available around 9th position. I'd be very surprised at that...

Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: April 30, 2021, 02:17:28 AM »
49ers taking a huge swing with trey lance

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: April 30, 2021, 04:17:54 AM »
Patriots took Mac Jones at 15. It will be interesting to see who does better between Lance and Jones. Lance will have a good team around him and no excuses.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: April 30, 2021, 09:23:04 AM »
I'd say the Green Bay telephone is red hot with enquiries about Rodgers anyway.  Is it just me or does he always seem to make noises on draft weekend. Drafting a CB probably hasn't excited him either.

Giants allow the Bears to move up and get Fields. I wonder what Dalton thinks of that.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: April 30, 2021, 10:00:13 AM »
I would say Rodgers is pissed that GB dont look to move up and draft a wide receiver

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: June 08, 2021, 03:18:28 PM »
So looks like the Nets are gonna walk the NBA playoffs, Clippers maybe equipped to live with them in the Finals but thatís about it I would think
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

KickItInAndStartClapping

• GAA expert... All opinions are of my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: June 08, 2021, 03:23:21 PM »
So looks like the Nets are gonna walk the NBA playoffs, Clippers maybe equipped to live with them in the Finals but thatís about it I would think

Do you not think the Suns stand a chance?

P.S. I bet 100euros on Nets @ 7/1 at start of year, just looking to know how safe my money is lol

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: June 08, 2021, 03:44:06 PM »
Clippers who struggled in 7 against Dallas, will have it tough as well against the Jazz.

I like the Suns but just canít see them overcoming the Nets if they even got there. Booker would need to score ridiculous points to keep them in touch

KickItInAndStartClapping

• GAA expert... All opinions are of my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: June 08, 2021, 03:46:11 PM »
Clippers who struggled in 7 against Dallas, will have it tough as well against the Jazz.

I like the Suns but just canít see them overcoming the Nets if they even got there. Booker would need to score ridiculous points to keep them in touch

Suns are a good side with a good leader

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: June 08, 2021, 07:07:41 PM »
What the Nets are doing to Giannis and the Bucks is incredible. I know there's an asterisk because of the bubble but the Heat made the finals last year and the Bucks absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Nets probably couldn't have dreamed of getting this much production out of the ghost of Blake Griffin.

People shouldn't sleep on Philly or the Jazz. Mitchell is a really, really special player.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: June 08, 2021, 09:23:33 PM »
What the Nets are doing to Giannis and the Bucks is incredible. I know there's an asterisk because of the bubble but the Heat made the finals last year and the Bucks absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Nets probably couldn't have dreamed of getting this much production out of the ghost of Blake Griffin.

People shouldn't sleep on Philly or the Jazz. Mitchell is a really, really special player.
The Heat were a good way short of last years team. The trade for Olapido backfired for them because of injury (and it could have a been a great trade). The Bucs were meant to have learned from last year but the Nets (without Harden) are killing them. The Nets are loaded and its hard to see anyone beating them

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: June 08, 2021, 09:34:59 PM »
Will Lebron move on for pastures new, in the hope of getting one more ring? AD is too injury prone and even with him, they don't have enough.

The brother-in-law heard a rumour of him moving to the Warriors (pinch of salt needed!)...Curry, Lebron, Green, Clay & Wisemen may be enough to put it up to the Nets!

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: June 08, 2021, 10:28:04 PM »
Will Lebron move on for pastures new, in the hope of getting one more ring? AD is too injury prone and even with him, they don't have enough.

The brother-in-law heard a rumour of him moving to the Warriors (pinch of salt needed!)...Curry, Lebron, Green, Clay & Wisemen may be enough to put it up to the Nets!

LBJ under contract with the Lakers until at least 2022/23, you would think his time may be almost up when that contract is up
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: June 08, 2021, 11:30:29 PM »
Jokic named MVP. Thoroughly deserved. Lowest draft pick in history (41) to win it.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: June 12, 2021, 05:32:35 AM »
Suns looking good here. Pity for Denver that Murray isnít fit, had a great play offs last year.

Jazz looking too strong for the Clips...Mitchell playing some stuff.

East is done. Nets to beat the Bucks in 5 and most likely 6ers in 5 maybe 6.

Be interesting to see if the Suns or Jazz have enough to put it up to them. It will take Booker or Mitchell to put up extraordinary numbers