Laois Football Divisional Competition 2019/2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 13, 2019, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

Maybe divisional teams should be incorporated into the senior championship with senior teams dropping to ten or twelve and any team below senior being allowed to have their players play with senior divisional teams while still being allowed to play with their clubs. Might encourage lads to commit to divisional teams

High Fielder

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 04, 2019, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 04, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
quirk will get nothing out of that divisional set up, any one that has impressed in it also impressed with their club in the championship and again i have to question the taught behind it after a long season and with leinster and u 20 running.
Exactly . Looking back at the tournament now I'd be very worried about the lack of interest shown by some lads towards it , the best example being the south . What has Quirke gained from these last few weeks do you think ?

Bearing in mind he won't have seen any of these lads play, I'd say he found the whole thing informative. In all likelihood, it's going to be a tough year for us, and Quirke will need to explore all options to try and unearth new talent. They mightn't exist, but he needs to see and know that for himself. Lads here need to get down off their high horse.