Video's

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 16, 2017, 01:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

There are a lot of video's out there of all things Laois. This is a place where you can post them.

I'll get the ball rolling with this tribute in song to the great Tommy Murphy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpxBUPQais
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

I'll just post this here so   ;)

Great moment for Laois .... here's to it happening again shortly! ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xq8awLDVIg

SCFC

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2017, 10:44:31 AM
I'll just post this here so   ;)

Great moment for Laois .... here's to it happening again shortly! ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xq8awLDVIg
Feck you Tony. There's actually a few little tears in my eyes looking at that! What a magical day that was.

redsetanta

Was there anyone left in Laois that day??
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I only ever cried twice at a football match, '86 when I stood in the Cusack stand beside my father in law and saw tears in his eyes when we won the league
and the second time was that great day, boy did the tears flow straight from my heart and out through my eyes when he lifted the cup.

Thank god I lived to see that day and hopefully I'll see at least one more before I go....

Tony

Obviously we had a great team in 03 and it's also the year one of my kids was born so great memories.

One thing though, while it was a great team in 03, I honestly think a lot of our 2017 team would get on that team. Timmons in at full back definitely. Begley definate. Probably strong. Jol and quig. . . We always seem pretty well taken care of at midfield so toss up between garvan clancy and them two. Attride the way he's performing would have a chance over rooney. Donagher, donie and walsh also. Maybe evan o carroll. I know the 2003team is overall superior, but imho, we're not too far behind now in terms of talent. It's just that the game has developed and it doesn't really suit a natural traditional style football team like laois as much as it did. Maybe I'm off my rocker today. Anyway here's to many more good memories with laois. They are few and far between. . .but when they happen. . It's an amazing feeling. Any more good videos? 8)

town1980

tony your a great poster your off your rocker today is right,,,timmons for me yes at 3 ,,begley yess and kingston,,,afterthat i seen so many games pre 03 then from 03 on we became a power house o byrne cups leagues and 4 leinster finals,,,the commitment of that 03 era was second to none and living in portlaoise i see the current group out and about more than i ever seen our 03 panel,,03 have the medal rest dont and it took us along time to get another leinster medal,,,so no argument for me comparing a div 3 team to the one who competed div 1 div 2 for so long

County Man

Great new topic. Cheers for sharing.

2003 what a year to support Laois football. We were spoilt that year! A national league final appearance, followed up by a powerful Leinster campaign. Thrashed Wexford in Croke Park a week after that national league final defeat to Tyrone.

Snatched a draw off Offaly in O'Moore Park, thank you Mick Lawlor for banging that goal in late on to force a replay. Won the replay in O'Connor Park.

The biggest win was against the Dubs in the semi final. Awesome performance. The hill was closed that day. What about Padraig Clancys scud missile to seal it. One of the great Laois points scored in Croker!

We were hot favourites to win the final against Kildare. And we delivered! 2-13 all scored from play. Beano and Ross Munnelly getting the goals. Credit to Ross that he is still around the Laois panel 14 years later.

Great buzz around the county. Everyone had a Laois flag attached to the car.

Pity we didnt see off Armagh. We were bloody close!

If that wasnt enough we grabbed the All Ireland minor football title as well- boom times :)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: County Man on February 17, 2017, 02:51:25 PM
Great new topic. Cheers for sharing

Snatched a draw off Offaly in O'Moore Park, thank you Mick Lawlor for banging that goal in late on to force a replay. Won the replay in O'Connor Park

And here is that replay...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDC-NO9hPFk

Butch Cassidy

redsetanta

The Rory's stories fella tells a great one about the day Meath played that minor team and they were skinned.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Just watched the 2007 U-21 All Ireland football final highlights when we should have beat Cork. Very soft goal at the end shaded it for them. I wont post the link, it'd put anyone in a bad mood to be fair  :-\. MJ Tierney was immense that day.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

When Men Were Men ...  Laois v Louth 1991   :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1s6JY_ey6o

Butch Cassidy

Junior Ex Laoistalk