Croke Park

Started by Uladh, March 01, 2007, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you vote to allow Croke Park to become the National Stadium?

Yes
30 (20.4%)
No
117 (79.6%)

Total Members Voted: 138

realredhandfan

f**k off you never made it to that position I weep for the GAA in Dublin.  Anyway I didnt ask or question, you did, nor do I need to explain my position in the GAA to you either.  As for the big clubs or small clubs it dosent really matter to a decent GAA individual.  As for the issues that you are barracking the GAA public about, do you not find yourself beating a lonely drum amongst GAA folk.  Listen of you dont like it what sare you there for.  Have you no moral fibre to stand up for your principles and leave the GAA.  The GAA dosent need to change,  you do. You are the Fr Ted of the GAA board. " No more of that there around here"

dublinfella

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 10, 2007, 03:23:26 PM
f**k off you never made it to that position I weep for the GAA in Dublin.  Anyway I didnt ask or question, you did, nor do I need to explain my position in the GAA to you either.  As for the big clubs or small clubs it dosent really matter to a decent GAA individual.  As for the issues that you are barracking the GAA public about, do you not find yourself beating a lonely drum amongst GAA folk.  Listen of you dont like it what sare you there for.  Have you no moral fibre to stand up for your principles and leave the GAA.  The GAA dosent need to change,  you do. You are the Fr Ted of the GAA board. " No more of that there around here"

m impressed. not one coherent point and you managed to misqoute father ted.

in your own time find where i defended the FAI.

explain why the DCB, sorry Thomas Davis, are wasting the associations money in the high court blocking funding for another sport while accepting it themselves.

while you are at it, reconcile our rule 42 with our 'right' to free use of other sports facilities.

or just mumble incoherent shite. your call.

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 10, 2007, 01:36:23 PM

there is no tender, the builders are already in place, the delay is due to thomas davis. i call bullshit.

I doubt the builders will do the job at 1999 prices.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on March 10, 2007, 07:28:37 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on March 10, 2007, 01:36:23 PM

there is no tender, the builders are already in place, the delay is due to thomas davis. i call bullshit.

I doubt the builders will do the job at 1999 prices.

well the contract was signed in 1999, the money is outstanding due 100% to TD blocking the completion of the project. the feeis fixed.

who is paying for the legal challenge by the way? anyone in a dublin club who watns to ask that at a meeting will have great fun....  ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 11, 2007, 02:43:41 PM

well the contract was signed in 1999, the money is outstanding due 100% to TD blocking the completion of the project. the feeis fixed.

1-No Builder will do a job in 2007 at 1999 prices.
2- It was Sham Rovers who had the initial contract - now it will be the Council and I have yet to meet a builder who hasnt got a "special" public contract price !!!
3- Shamrock Rovers reneged on the whole deal by not completing the Stadium for which they had Planning Permission ,which permission expired after 5 years. It was Shams who left the Builder short of about €400,000 .
As for TD blocking completion of the project -they are raising a legal point of serious public importance so equally you could say O'Donoghue is blocking it by not going with the local Councillors wishes of amnending the plans for what is now a Municipal Stadium to accomodate Gaelic Games.
Anyway if you are the Sec of a Dublin GAA Club why doesnt one of your people ask the question ??? ya spoofer ya .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM