The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Armamike on January 28, 2009, 10:56:49 PM
QuoteI think if Rafa goes we will be set back another few years. People say he is not good enough to win the Premier League, I disagree. A stupiud tackle, bad marking etc can't really be levelled at the manager. Indivisual errors have cost us dearly. But my belief that he can win it is dwindling, I'll admit that.

Corn, I agree getting rid of Rafa would set us back. I just hope he has the ability to learn from nights like tonight.  

I dunno. He just keeps repeating the same mistakes and never seems to learn from them.

Go 1-0 up then with 20 minutes to go takes off a forward for a midfielder. Sit back and opposition comes back into the game. All it takes is one lucky break in the box for them and it's 1-1. Game over. Repeat ad infinitum.

corn02

There is something that bothers me.

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

stiffler

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:06:50 PM

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

Never seent the game Corn, what was the moment, did he give away the pen?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

To be honest corn if thats the only thing we had to be worried about regarding Liverpool FC the world would be a great place  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:10:34 PM

Yeah, was playing very well I must say, but then showed why he gets so much abuse. A stupid trip in the box when we were crusing it.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2009, 11:11:34 PM

To be honest corn if thats the only thing we had to be worried about regarding Liverpool FC the world would be a great place  :D

Ture, true.  :)

stiffler

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:14:00 PM

Yeah, was playing very well I must say, but then showed why he gets so much abuse. A stupid trip in the box when we were crusing it.

f**k sake, him and benayoun (foul v everton) have been doing themselves no favours the last while.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:14:00 PM

f**k sake, him and benayoun (foul v everton) have been doing themselves no favours the last while.

Lucas makes Paul Scholes look like Franco Baresi as far as tackling goes. He simply cannot make a challenge without fouling. No need even tonight to do what he did. This habit of giving stupid frees away was going to cost us sooner or later.

corn02

Yip and has to the maximum in the last two league outings. Shiocking stuff.

Armamike

He gets away with it because of the great things that he can do on the pitch but there's times when he can be fairly anonymous and he does have a tendency to give the ball away a lot more than he should.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

In the 2nd half Gerrard gave the ball away constantly. And deserved to be taken off and given a kick up the hole. If he'd taken him with 15/20 to go and brought on Alonso, I wouldnt have minded one bit. But taking him off when we need a goal was just nuts. I believe Rafa was just totally frustrated with him, but it was stupid.

Torres had to come off because he just wasn't right. Riera in itself wasnt a bad replacement, and to say it was a "midfielder for a forward" doesn't tell the true story because Babel moved up front, there was no change in formation. However given we haven't won a game in a month, the message it sent to everyone was "we're hanging on", whereas bringing on Keane in a straight swap would have sent the message "we're going to finish you off". The result was Wigan's game raised and we may have sat back.

I thought Benny was the player causing Wigan the most problems - baffled by the decision to take him off, and on the night Kuyt was a far easier job for the Wigan defence.

full back

Hope Rafa stays with the scousers forever  :D
With him in charge there will be no PL coming to Anfield
Going to be a tight race for the CL spots this season...........

anportmorforjfc

:D :D :D, Lose on Sunday the league is over.

corn02

full back

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
You lot are like vultures.

Dont be like that corn  :D
Do you expect us to say nothing?
If it was the other way round I would expect it