The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

O'Neill is making it fairly clear that he's not interested in Liverpool's squad players and it's strongly rumoured that he doesn't want to keep carson/ looks like rafa will have to stump up cash for barry

whyarerefssobad

what do you call a scouser in moscow       wayne rooney  ;D ;D ;D
always look on the bright side

corn02

Wharerefssobad, that is quite possibly the worst joke, and I use that term loosly, that I have heard yet. Be more inventive man!

Barry would be a good buy, ONeill would be interested in all three Pool players offered. Carson has become unreliable so I am not surprised he is not keen on him.

For the Babel v Crouch arguement, I probably would have rathered Crouch but Babel scored so we can't really qaustion.

A nice team for next year:

Reina
Carragher Agger Skertel Rafinha

Bentley Gerrard Mascherano Barry
Torres    Aguero/ Hunntelear

stevo-08

regarding Barry, is £10m the value thats being put on him. How then can the deal be Crouch, Carson, Riise + Cash. Sure jaysus, Crouch alone cost us 7.5m and has gone on to play & score for England, & score frequently for Liverpool when given the chance. And he's only 27, same as Barry. If that is the deal on the table, I dont think O'Neill should be complaining much.

stiff breeze

Quote from: corn02 on May 03, 2008, 12:44:59 PM
Wharerefssobad, that is quite possibly the worst joke, and I use that term loosly, that I have heard yet. Be more inventive man!

Barry would be a good buy, ONeill would be interested in all three Pool players offered. Carson has become unreliable so I am not surprised he is not keen on him.

For the Babel v Crouch arguement, I probably would have rathered Crouch but Babel scored so we can't really qaustion.

Reina

4-4-2 will not win the premiership. why would we change the gerrard torres partnership which has proven sucessful in the league with the exception of against man u?

my team would be

reina
carra             skrtel                  agger          insua

masch           alonso

kuyt                       gerrard                barry

torres         

full back

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 11:11:37 AM

Reina

4-4-2 will not win the premiership. why would we change the gerrard torres partnership which has proven sucessful in the league with the exception of against man u?

my team would be

reina

masch           alonso

torres         

So you think that if you add Barry to the team you will be able to challenge for the PL ???

As for sticking with Kuyt - have you no ambition at all? An average player - nothing else

Minder

Lads im not sure why everyone is getting a rooter for Barry, he is an average/good player and exactly the kind of player we have too many of at the minute. If he was Scottish you could buy him for £4mill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AFS

It would appear that Maik Taylor will provide back up for Reina next season, good experienced choice for yous imo.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/reds-close-in-on-deals-for-barry-and-taylor-1367524.html

stiff breeze

Quote from: full back on May 06, 2008, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 11:11:37 AM

Reina

my team would be

reina

masch           alonso

torres         

So you think that if you add Barry to the team you will be able to challenge for the PL ???

As for sticking with Kuyt - have you no ambition at all? An average player - nothing else

How far where we off challenging this season really? the league says 11 points but had we put out a full strength team against brum it would no doubt be 9 and then we played a second side against arsenal also and only drew so realistically it is only 7. we have only lost 4 games this term but we drew THIRTEEN!!!  By adding TWO new players to our team we will challenge i believe.( insua) didnt play except for last week and a sub against brum. dont forget we have only 30 million to spend this year, barry is a good player , english so he is gritty and will work like fcuk. as for kuyt , im a big fan of his, he had a rough start to the season when he lost his father and he wasnt scoring. I wouldnt disagree with bently but we also have babel who will have a seasons experience behind him.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Minder on May 06, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
Lads im not sure why everyone is getting a rooter for Barry, he is an average/good player and exactly the kind of player we have too many of at the minute. If he was Scottish you could buy him for £4mill.

if he was scottish and still the captain of villa and turning in good performances every week how would his price differ?? dont understand this at all?

nifan

Was over at the game on sunday and was surprised no Crouch in the squad - I assume its a given he i gone.
I only hope we can replace him with better or Ill be annoyed. If that tube vorinin is retained as well itll be hard to understand.

stiff breeze

Quote from: nifan on May 06, 2008, 11:36:39 AM
Was over at the game on sunday and was surprised no Crouch in the squad - I assume its a given he i gone.
I only hope we can replace him with better or Ill be annoyed. If that tube vorinin is retained as well itll be hard to understand.
I honestly dont see a place for him in the current system, the lad tried his best , all he can do is score goals. I think rafa will stick with 1 up front and its always gonna be torres. I would like to see a bit of youth brought in, we have babel and kuyt as back up strikers and also nemeth who has shown good signs in the reserves. No point spending a fortune on a top striker to leave him on the bench.

Uladh

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 11:31:56 AM
How far where we off challenging this season really? the league says 11 points but had we put out a full strength team against brum it would no doubt be 9 and then we played a second side against arsenal also and only drew so realistically it is only 7. we have only lost 4 games this term but we drew THIRTEEN!!!  By adding TWO new players to our team we will challenge i believe.( insua) didnt play except for last week and a sub against brum. dont forget we have only 30 million to spend this year, barry is a good player , english so he is gritty and will work like fcuk. as for kuyt , im a big fan of his, he had a rough start to the season when he lost his father and he wasnt scoring. I wouldnt disagree with bently but we also have babel who will have a seasons experience behind him.

That is one of the funniest posts of the year. you couldn't make it up

Dinny Breen

QuoteHow far where we off challenging this season really? the league says 11 points but had we put out a full strength team against brum it would no doubt be 9 and then we played a second side against arsenal also and only drew so realistically it is only 7. we have only lost 4 games this term but we drew THIRTEEN!!!  By adding TWO new players to our team we will challenge i believe.( insua) didnt play except for last week and a sub against brum. dont forget we have only 30 million to spend this year, barry is a good player , english so he is gritty and will work like fcuk. as for kuyt , im a big fan of his, he had a rough start to the season when he lost his father and he wasnt scoring. I wouldnt disagree with bently but we also have babel who will have a seasons experience behind him.

There's a fantastic bit of delusion, was start to losing faith in the Offical Delusional Thread but that has restored it..keep up the good work..
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I'm kind of glass half full at this stage. I don't think the root and branch rebuilding that needed to be done is necessary at this stage, it's more squad depth and fine tuning that's needed. For that reason, please no more 'decent' players. We saw the difference a genuinely top player in Torres made, and Mascherano was important as well. Any players that come in MUST be better than what's currently there, and push the current incumbent either out the door, or onto the bench to give depth.

I'd be keen on a right winger, so that Kuyt becomes the squad player he should be, rather than automatic first choice, and Bentley would be a good buy. Gareth Barry would be a good buy instead of Alonso, and I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso leaves.

Whatever the ins and outs, I don't want any more 'squad' players. I'd prefer 2 or 3 immediate first team improvers, than 5 or 6 Pennants, Lucases or Voronins.

With all that said, I'd only like to see the bottom 3 or 4 leaving instead. Strengthen the first X1, drop current first teamers into the 'squad' and lose some of the dross. Bye bye Voronin, and probably Riise. bye Bye Fat Harry.

Then I'd be looking at (Keeping Rafa's 4-5-1)

Reina

Arbeloa/Carragher

Skrtel/Agger/Hypia/Carrager

Aurelio/Insua

Bentley/Kuyt/Pennant

Mascherano/Barry/Alonso/Gerrard/Plessis/Lucas

Babel/Benayoun/Bentley

Torres/Kuyt/Crouch.

Looking at that, I'd love a top class winger/wide player, Gareth Barry, and either a striker or a full back.

That would do me.