The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Punched on the back or patted on the back?

Slagging Gerrards daughter is a bit much to be fair. There is a line that can be crossed and Liverpool have done it to players, but I doubt they have slagged a players daughter.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on April 02, 2008, 11:00:54 AM

Slagging Gerrards daughter is a bit much to be fair. There is a line that can be crossed and Liverpool have done it to players, but I doubt they have slagged a players daughter.

I remember her parantage being questioned...

I presume it was something similar again?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 02, 2008, 11:02:43 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 02, 2008, 11:00:54 AM

I remember her parantage being questioned...

I presume it was something similar again?

Remember the sick sh1t that the West Ham fans chanted at Beckham that day about his new son. I think it was the eldest little fella. I'm no fan of Beckham, or his lifestyle, but what he took that day was beyond the pale. How he didn't go up into the stand a lá Cantona I'll never know. Some soccer fans, from all clubs, are absolute scum of the earth.

corn02

Players can deal with it, like apparently Gary Neville doesn't shag his mum up the shitter, as 10,000 in the Kop sang a few years ago. But if you start slaggin children, you cross the line.

AZOffaly

That's what I mean corn. I'd take any abuse fans were shouting about any adult, but when they start in on the kids, that'd be the end of me. Remember that day at West Ham? It was vile.

corn02

I actually don't. The one that sticks out in my mind was Glen Roeder and the whole 'tumor' chants, Sickening.

Hound

Surprised to see Pennant playing for the reserves v Everton yesterday! But then remembered that he's suspended for this evening.

Darby at right back, Huth at centre back, Spearing in midifield and Nemeth up front all playing well. The only goal was scored by a young Dutch striker Brouwer - who looks useless to me. Another Hungarian, Simon (been injured all year), came on for the last few minutes as support striker and looked very promising.

Benitez has said he has three new signings already in the bag for the summer. Two are young lads (both believed to be from South America). The third will immediately be a first team player according to benitez. He didnt say who it was, but strong rumours thats its Rafinha - Brazilian right back who plays with Schalke (I hear he didnt have a great game last night).

The papers reckon that Benitez will sign a right winger in the summer. So far Bentley and Aaron Lennon linked, and I'd expect a lot more rumours to come...

Old Bill

if benitez comes up with 10 m for lennon.  i, as a yid, would take it!  overall i think bentley would be better for the pool.  lennon has potential and pace but his distribution stinks at the moment.

Mentalman

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2008, 12:42:50 PM
He didnt say who it was, but strong rumours thats its Rafinha - Brazilian right back who plays with Schalke (I hear he didnt have a great game last night).

Read the rumour about Rafinha last night, so I watched RTE's coverage of the Schalke/Barca last night...didn't look great, some fairly basic errors, but I wouldn't like to judge him on extended highlights of one game. A bit like Aurelio I'd say he can pick a cross, but can he defend and get into positions to cross is the question?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Old Bill on April 02, 2008, 01:17:49 PM
if benitez comes up with 10 m for lennon.  i, as a yid, would take it!  overall i think bentley would be better for the pool.  lennon has potential and pace but his distribution stinks at the moment.

Wouldn't have any interest in Lennon really. He's fast alright but a bit brainless IMO. Bentley would be an interesting one as he's already making shapes about moving to a bigger club. Very good crosser of the ball. Has excellent delivery from free-kicks and corners which Liverpool haven't had for yonks. Might be worth a punt although he won't be cheap.

AZOffaly

I read an interview with Bentley in The Times and he was steadfastly refusing to rule out a move to Liverpool. I think he'd be a good addition.

Mentalman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2008, 03:10:46 PM
Wouldn't have any interest in Lennon really. He's fast alright but a bit brainless IMO.

Another Pennant in other words :)

Bentley might be worth a punt. In addition to his skills, he also has attitude - not many young lads leave Arsenal to get game time - not many young lads back their talent by turning down an u21 tournament to rest up for the full season and (hopefully) playing senior internationals. Also he doesn't mince his words (he mangels them though) about his ambition.

EC Unique

Well lads how are the nerves before tonights big game? Im going for 2-1 Arsenal which I think would not be a bad result for Liverpool. ;)

Minder

I just hope they dont play for a draw, i cant see us scoring more than one tonight. I would take a score draw as best result scenario.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mentalman

Quote from: EC Unique on April 02, 2008, 03:35:06 PM
Well lads how are the nerves before tonights big game? Im going for 2-1 Arsenal which I think would not be a bad result for Liverpool. ;)

"Chumps Speicial" for the 'Pool - i.e. nil all away from home

PS You must be one of the most prolific contributors on the Liverpool thread? Especially for a non fan.