The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

He scored great goals against Chelsea and Marseille and has a couple of beauties against Barca to be proud of. He was well marshalled by Utd today. More a case of that than him not playing well I would say.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Gaelicy O Flaherty

5times you are very arrogant, you claim to watch alot of matches and to have formed your opinion from this.  Strangely enough it is predominantly reactionary posters on internet forums who spout the sort of lazy drivel you are coming out with, I have never heard any liverpool fan whose opinion I respect advocating sacking Rafa .  Do you think you are the only supporter who wants the league ::).  You chastise other posters who have shown something your posts have lacked, passion and loyalty.

I suppose you also decided all by yourself that Rotation and zonal marking are to blame  :P

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 16, 2007, 05:35:13 PM
Torres came to Liverpool with a good scoring record but with a reputation as a big game choker.   He vanished when up against Real or Barca in Spain and his debut against ManU did him no favours.  He looked like a conference player.   His first touch today was the worst I've seen for some time.

That's funny - he scored a marvellous goal against Chelsea, and (according to an article in the London Times today) has an excellent record against Barcelona.

But, if the standard of the debate is judging a player on select games, including today's, lets talk about Cristiano Ronaldo...

Stalin

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on December 16, 2007, 05:41:38 PM
I cannot believe so many of you think Kewell is Shiite, this really annoys me, i mean, are you guys watching a different Kewell than me.  Liverpools biggest problem, which once again was exposed today, is natural width.  Kewell is the only natural winger we have.  Benynoun & Babbel whilst good players on their day are not natural wingers.  Both players are inclined to cut into the middle when running with the ball as opposed to getting down the byline and whipping in a good meaningful cross.  When Kewell has had possession of the ball in the last few games, i think he has looked the most likely to create something.

The same goes for Arbeloa, i dont not see how this man starts over Finnan (think he is back from injury).  Again as a right back, Arbeloa tends to cut into the middle instead of staying out wide.  This is what makes Finnan so good, he supports the attack and keeps the thing wide and most of all, he puts good crosses into the danger area, Please take note John Arne Riise who should be riding pine in my opinion as he has offered absolutely nothing this season.

When Arbeloa first came back into the team from injury earlier in the season he was great at joining the attack and getting to the byline. In recent games he has not, for whatever reason. i think he tried today but found it difficult. I get frustrated by Finnan when he attacks, but a lot of others seem to think he does well. Did i reas somewhere that Finnan had  large no of assists last season?

Id like to see Aurelio start before Riise. Kewell gave a great ball into Gerrard at one stage today, took some vision to pick out that ball. Kewell is really busting a gut this year and performing well.

Stalin

nifan

Id drop riise before kewell on todays performance

As i said before id like to have seen Lucas come on - he looks to have a pass which we could have done with today.

Puckoon

I didnt think kewell was that bad, ultimately I could care less as long as arsenal hold on here at the emirates.

Rossie11

Quotewhats this style of play youre unhappy with? whats lazy and brainless about it?

Honestly are you happy that a team of liverpools stature playing at home resorts to aerial bombardment for a whole 2nd half.
Thats caveman football.. Wigan Birmingham Tranmere Rovers stuff

Pool pride themselves on being up there with best in Europe.
Do Barca do it? Or Milan? Do they hell.

Utd themselves when faced by a defensive wall continue to pass the ball keep possession and probe for openings.
The chances will eventually come.

As a defender when you are being dragged all over the place with slick passing watching for runners you have to be on high alert and mistakes more than likely creep in late in a game.

What Vidic and Rio had to do today did not require the same level of skill/alertness.
Wait for liverpool to land the ball on their heads, Hargreaves will clean up and get back into position and wait for the next scud missile

That is the brainless tactics we employed.

Sorry if we disagree on this lads, we all want that title but it aint gonna happen under this regime or tactics.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 16, 2007, 05:35:13 PM
Torres came to Liverpool with a good scoring record but with a reputation as a big game choker.   He vanished when up against Real or Barca in Spain and his debut against ManU did him no favours.  He looked like a conference player.   His first touch today was the worst I've seen for some time.

He didn't choke today. Once Man U scored they just got everyone behind the ball and there was very little room for anyone around their penalty box and the service into him wasn't much use anyway. Sometimes it just goes like that.

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 16, 2007, 06:35:10 PM
For those singing Harry Kewells praises, I have only one thing to say, He is a choker, he walked off against Milan in Istanbul when we looked dead and buried with a myseterious injury. I was one of the lucky fans who stood up and sang YNWA at half time when we were 3-0 down. Rafa heard us, Stevie G heard us and you know the rest. If you watch the final penalty that Dudek saves, Kewell was the first man to sprint down the field and celebrate, where was his injury then. He has played far to few games for Liverpool, in fact I think he came to Liverpool a few years too late, he would have been a perfect Spice Boy. He is a s famous for being married to some actress from Emerdale as he is for playing football, enough said.

According to Steven Gerrard's autobiogrpahy, Kewell's injury in Istanbul was genuine (apparently his groin had swollen up to the size of a tennis ball by half-time!). Maybe Gerrard was protecting Kewell, but I've not heard anyone else from within the club say it wasn't legit.

The Real Laoislad

First of all  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

In John Lennon airport at the moment lads and i ain't happy,I was sitting in the Anfield RD end today above the United fans...
I've read all the comments posted thus far and i agree with a bit of what everyone says...
My opinion on the game is...
I think ye are being overly harsh on Kewell,he was no worse than anyone else today..Riise wasn't on his game or hasn't been for ages,Carra and Hyypia done ok but hadn't much too do.
I though Arbeola was awful..I can't remember one pass he made that wasn't misplaced he didn't deliver any crosses and  Evra was skinning him on every occasion that United went down the left in the first half

Gerrard done his best as did Masherano..Benayoun didn't really impress me,Kuyt huffed and puffed but i would have brought Crouch on at half time
I think calling Torres a choker in big games is a funny statement,Right he didn't play at all well today and his touch was all over the place but that was more down to United having 3 players around him everytime he got the ball..

I'm with 5ive Times on that i don't think Benitez is going to deliver the title to Anfield,I appreciate he is a great manager and all that and i am not jumping on any bandwagon as i have voiced my concerns over this before..
There was a report in a Liverpool paper today that Jurgen Klinsman might be lined up for Liverpool job has anyone else heard this?

United far from outclassed Liverpool today but what does that matter they won and at the end of the day thats all that matters, they know how to win against the bigger teams Liverpool just can't seem to win these big games on a regular basis like Arsenal,Chelsea and United can..We looked void of any ideas of how to break down United

I did think Babel played well when he came on and i haven't been his biggest fan but he looked bright,Also i do think Lucas should be getting more of a run in the team

Anyways i have a plane to catch i'll leave ye to argue among yourselves  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

QuoteRafa is our most successful, and best qualified manager since Kenny Dalglish.

You aren't measuring him against much!

SeanSouth

Ruud Gullit said after the game, and i agree, that we are missing creativity in the midfield area. When we go a goal down like today could anyone see us scoring ?, the plan seemed to be to get the ball out left to Riise and cross in for Vidic & Ferdinand to head away. It was brutal. All this talk about Kewell, my opinion is this. He has been at the club for a fair legth of time and has delivered nothing consistentley, you get the odd flash and everyone thinks he has turned the corner but it is patently abvious his best days are behind him. We will not reach the level of United with Kewell or Kuyt, Riise in the team. That is the league over for another year.

Farrandeelin

Here, have a few happy faces to cheer you lot up after today. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SeanSouth

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 16, 2007, 09:04:53 PM
Here, have a few happy faces to cheer you lot up after today. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You should have your own show.