NFL Div 4 2020

Started by sligoman2, January 21, 2020, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Big weekend ahead as we hit Round 4. Wicklows five point victory at home to Sligo shows they are not a soft touch and everyone looks capable of taking points on any given day. Still a lot of football to be played!

sligoman2

I agree Bannside.  We made our first of 3 trips to the sunny east/southeast and came away with nothing.  It's wide open.  Sligo making far too many silly mistakes, bad passes, silly fouls Etc.  However we are a very young team and I have no doubt we will get smarter and better.  We need a w against Waterford on Saturday or we are doomed.  Still hopeful however, and he are also in the thick of it.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

A shock win for Waterford in Markievicz Park. FT Sligo 0-16 Waterford 2-12.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bannside

Some result for Waterford. This is a tight division alright.

SLIGONIAN

Nothing to see here, move along :'(
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sligoman2

Words fail me.  An all time low for us imo.
Fair play to Waterford.

Farrandeelin

Had to look twice on hoganstand at the Sligo result. Are things that bad?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

It's not that long ago that waterford came up to breffni and beat cavan and in so doing stopped our promotion to Div 1b. Caused havoc in the county, manager left etc. Taylor has a job on his hands now.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 10:05:55 AM
It's not that long ago that waterford came up to breffni and beat cavan and in so doing stopped our promotion to Div 1b. Caused havoc in the county, manager left etc. Taylor has a job on his hands now.

A bit of a mystery that he's got to manage Sligo again this year after 10 defeats in a row.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2020, 08:58:26 AM

It's impossible to understand the difference in performance levels between the Antrim game a few weeks ago and Saturday v Waterford.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 23, 2020, 08:58:26 AM

Yes!

Blowitupref

Result London 2-10 Wicklow 5-9

Half time Wexford 0-6 Sligo 2-2.  Sligo have the strong wind 2nd half.

Full time Wexford 1-9 Sligo: 2-7 Sligo hang on after Ben Brosnan injury time goal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

Well we are back in the hunt . Good recovery from the disaster last week.  Big game v Carlow on the horizon. This might come down to scoring diffs.

bannside

Sligo supporters on some rollercoaster ride this year...talk about ups and downs! You need Limerick to keep winning including against us today to set up a race for second place.

Ah sod it, just too many permutations exactly right now....at least 5 runners still mathematically in this steeplechase! Better idea at 3.30pm today!

magpie seanie

If Antrim were to beat Limerick today it pulls them right back into the mix and keeps Antrim in it. Limerick have Wexford at home and us away in their last two games. Wicklow have to go to Wexford also. Fierce proud of our lads yesterday. Massive one coming up in Carlow.