Kerry v Mayo - Super 8s Round 1

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 07, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2019, 09:05:06 PM
Aidan o Mahoney reckons if the Kerry forwards clique they will go to town on Mayo , he also goes on to say "Kerry won't be bullied , mark my words". Has a bit of a pop at James Horan in a roundabout way saying how dare he say mayo could of won league final by ten points "

So it's Bow to the kingdom little old mayo

Aidan is probably over confident as during his playing days most encounters with Mayo, they were cannon fodder:
04, 05, 06, 11, 14

larryin89

Quote from: blanketattack on July 09, 2019, 09:49:49 PM
Aidan o Mahoney reckons if the Kerry forwards clique they will go to town on Mayo , he also goes on to say "Kerry won't be bullied , mark my words". Has a bit of a pop at James Horan in a roundabout way saying how dare he say mayo could of won league final by ten points "

Aidan is probably over confident as during his playing days most encounters with Mayo, they were cannon fodder:
04, 05, 06, 11, 14

14 ! cannon fodder ? think You mean daylight robbery from a cheating basta Reilly . He cheated , I'll never believe any different . A disgusting individual
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

O'Mahony seems very testy about any criticism of Kerry.

He threw a little strop after Sean Cavanagh criticised them on The Sunday Game.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

WhoDat

I dont really understand this. the kerry folk seem very upset about Horan's comment, but as far as i can tell, the league final score flattered Kerry. 12 points maybe an exaggerration but they def could and should have won by more.

meathie

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2019, 09:58:22 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 09, 2019, 09:49:49 PM

04, 05, 06, 11, 14

14 ! cannon fodder ? think You mean daylight robbery from a cheating basta Reilly . He cheated , I'll never believe any different . A disgusting individual

::) ::) oh lord

Farrandeelin

Yea. Kerry to put little old Mayo back in their box is their thinking.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: WhoDat on July 09, 2019, 11:13:16 PM
Aidan o Mahoney reckons if the Kerry forwards clique they will go to town on Mayo , he also goes on to say “Kerry won’t be bullied , mark my words”. Has a bit of a pop at James Horan in a roundabout way saying how dare he say mayo could of won league final by ten points “

So it’s Bow to the kingdom little old mayo

I dont really understand this. the kerry folk seem very upset about Horan's comment, but as far as i can tell, the league final score flattered Kerry. 12 points maybe an exaggerration but they def could and should have won by more.

id pay very little hes to anything said in the week before  a game, like Firzmaurice, every chance hes doing Kerry gaa's dirty work  much like all these Dublin analysts that all seem to come out with the same Guff
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Bisbee

Quote from: bucko on July 09, 2019, 05:21:01 PM
Away in Philadelphia this weekend with work. By any small chance does anyone here know of anywhere in downtown Philly that might be showing the game??? ???

you could try Tir na Og on Arch Street behind the City Hall.  I was there a few months back and they were showing games.

Kurtz

If they clique ?
Tells you all you need to know

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2019, 10:11:43 PM

Mahoney is a straight talker. Straight to the point

bucko

Quote from: Bisbee on July 10, 2019, 09:39:24 AM
Quote from: bucko on July 09, 2019, 05:21:01 PM
Away in Philadelphia this weekend with work. By any small chance does anyone here know of anywhere in downtown Philly that might be showing the game??? ???

you could try Tir na Og on Arch Street behind the City Hall.  I was there a few months back and they were showing games.
Thanks a mill, appreciate it.👍🏻

Real Talk

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 10, 2019, 02:20:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2019, 10:11:43 PM

Mahoney is a straight talker. Straight to the point
Very good footballer who was also a "cynical" player and always playing on "the edge" .  Did whatever/whoever needed to be done to win the game

highorlow

QuoteVery good footballer who was also a "cynical" player and always playing on "the edge" .  Did whatever/whoever needed to be done to win the game

You left out "streetwise", he was very "streetwise".
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

Having watched the 2014 replay to see if it happened the way I remembered, I have to say it didn't at all. A couple of 50/50 calls maybe, but Cormac Reilly seemed to give a fairly reasonable performance. A lot of talk about robbery but Mayo have only themselves to blame imo. Particularly after scoring two points after the first minute and a half of extra time and not scoring again.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!