Gaelic Football RIP

Started by High Fielder, July 21, 2018, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2018, 03:30:04 PM
Having a free car makes paying other bills easier😉.
Also helps not being traipsed across country  cramped in a bus 2 or 3 times a week for training.
AIG v Bush Hotel or Glennon Bros.

That what I'm saying all Dublin players are based in capital so don't have travel commitments so dont see why they be giving up jobs.

TheGreatest

Wasting your time Gael. Just laugh at them.

According to some. Dublin players should not be allowed live and work in Dublin. They should all be labourers or Farmers.

I believe Lee Chin is a full time player (athlete). A couple of the Mayo lads did it also.

kerryforsam2018

Didnt all the Dublin team get 3 weeks off before the All Ireland Final last year? How can you compete with that?

TheGreatest

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 15, 2018, 03:56:18 PM
Didnt all the Dublin team get 3 weeks off before the All Ireland Final last year? How can you compete with that?

yeah, and spent that 3 weeks in PED oxygen chambers while hooked up to steroids and washed in 500 Euro notes.

kerryforsam2018

how can rest compete with that?

shark

You don't have to compete with fairytales. How naive are you?

kerryforsam2018

It this well known. My husband heard from a good source.

From the Bunker

Don't mind them lads next they'll be telling us they never get to play at home in Parnell Park!  ;)

They'll soon have it all to themselves (if they don't already)!

larryin89

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 15, 2018, 03:59:18 PM

yeah, and spent that 3 weeks in PED oxygen chambers while hooked up to steroids and washed in 500 Euro notes.

So after the semi final replay in 2015 , the Dublin players just went back to their day to day lives for the week , no sir that is indeed bulshit but the Mayo players did so.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2018, 02:08:41 PM
Why on earth allow a pick off the ground?
If it's because people can't do  the lift properly  sure allow clear throwing of the ball and bring back throw goals.
But one thing for sure is most football games are now horrible spectacles.  Partisan fans will go to see their own teams but neutrals have given up ( except for the ticketed Brigade at AIFs)

Its nothing im saying needs to change but i wouldnt be against a pick up instead if it came in, apart from when players knick it up on the run without bending their back theres not a whole lot of skill to it....the reason i think some positives could come from it is it would speed things up a bit and by far the biggest reason is theres plenty of times a ref interperites from a fair distance away if a ball which is bouncing/skiding off the ground is picked up and a free is given, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly....that would be the main reason i wouldnt be bothered to see it go. As i said im not championing it but of everything that keeps popping up ive yet to see a whole lot of suggestions that would improve the game in anyway more than something as simple and small as this. Handpassing being the biggest thing thats constantly coming up and i think limiting that would destroy the game

Milltown Row2

Quote from: High Fielder on August 15, 2018, 03:19:17 PM
As I said, it's not a criticism, but football is the main thing in their life. The jobs they do facilitate that and good luck to them. They are semi professional and in some cases fully professional. That's a massive advantage

You're full of it today! I've put up their, supposed jobs and you are telling me that the county board or sponsors are covering all their wages and allowing time off ? So the doctors teachers accountants business owners and the rest are covered financially?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn..

Mind you there will be the odd county player who's landed a 'job' over the years, but they still have to work to produce a wage.. full time professional players train and play full time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

High Fielder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2018, 06:28:39 PM
As I said, it's not a criticism, but football is the main thing in their life. The jobs they do facilitate that and good luck to them. They are semi professional and in some cases fully professional. That's a massive advantage

You're full of it today! I've put up their, supposed jobs and you are telling me that the county board or sponsors are covering all their wages and allowing time off ? So the doctors teachers accountants business owners and the rest are covered financially?

Mind you there will be the odd county player who's landed a 'job' over the years, but they still have to work to produce a wage.. full time professional players train and play full time

And you know exactly what they do on a daily basis. If they had put down Fossets Circus, would you believe that too?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: High Fielder on August 15, 2018, 06:38:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2018, 06:28:39 PM

And you know exactly what they do on a daily basis. If they had put down Fossets Circus, would you believe that too?

Read my post properly, you'll see that they have this in their profiles... so you've said they don't have jobs full time as they are semi professional.. it's up to you to prove it and stop talking rubbish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

High Fielder

No you're right.I believe all those profiles to be a true and accurate reflection of what Dublin players do for a living. I can't believe I've been so naive. Thanks for correcting me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: High Fielder on August 15, 2018, 10:45:57 PM
No you're right.I believe all those profiles to be a true and accurate reflection of what Dublin players do for a living. I can't believe I've been so naive. Thanks for correcting me

So you're not going to prove otherwise? Hmm, outstanding