The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 08:12:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 07:47:41 PM
20 people shot dead in Chicago this weekend

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2020/6/1/21275944/chicago-weekend-shootings-most-violent-weekend-2020-may-29-june-1

10 people shot dead in Chicago last weekend

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/crime/2020/5/25/21268348/chicago-memorial-day-weekend-shootings-gun-violence-may-22-26

But hey, let's blame the cops

Is someone blaming the cops for shooting those people in Chicago?

No....they're blaming the cops for the general unrest this past weekend

There's plenty of unrest at the best of times as evidenced by the high murder and crime rates

sid waddell

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2020/6/1/21275944/chicago-weekend-shootings-most-violent-weekend-2020-may-29-june-1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/crime/2020/5/25/21268348/chicago-memorial-day-weekend-shootings-gun-violence-may-22-26

Quite staggering that somebody could miss the point to such a degree, you'd think acknowledging the pain and injustice black America rightly feels would be easy - but obviously not for some people.

I wonder why that is.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:18:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 08:12:49 PM

Is someone blaming the cops for shooting those people in Chicago?

No....they're blaming the cops for the general unrest this past weekend

There's plenty of unrest at the best of times as evidenced by the high murder and crime rates

Who is blaming the cops for the unrest in Chicago this weekend?

If they are being blamed, at least partially, are they blameless?

whitey

SIDS blaming them....maybe you interpreted his
Comments differently than I did
"The anger at police and the ruling fascist regime of Trump is entirely justified, and then some."

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 01, 2020, 08:20:21 PM

Quite staggering that somebody could miss the point to such a degree, you'd think acknowledging the pain and injustice black America rightly feels would be easy - but obviously not for some people.

I wonder why that is.

Do you know any cops?

Are you related to any cops?

Do you have any idea what they deal with on a daily basis just trying to make live halfway bearable for the vast majority of African Americans who live in these terrible neighborhoods (and who are just trying to live their lives)

As per usual you probably gathered all your information And opinions from some left wing blogger

Get out in the real world me lad, and then come back and talk to us

Gabriel_Hurl

King of the bad faith posters on here

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 01, 2020, 08:38:41 PM
King of the bad faith posters on here

I lived in Chicago for a year....I knew several cops as I used to drink in a cop bar

I even knew a guy who was a Chicago Housing Authority cop, going around serving warrants and helping evict drug dealers......that's guy had some stories!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:37:47 PMDo you have any idea what they deal with on a daily basis just trying to make live halfway bearable for the vast majority of African Americans who live in these terrible neighborhoods (and who are just trying to live their lives)

Oh, does it entail kneeling on their heads for ~10 mins?

Or strangling folks so they can't breathe?

What about arresting news crews? Or even shooting at news crews?

Shit, I didn't realise all the above helped to make life halfway bearable... going the extra mile eh?
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:33:20 PM
"The anger at police and the ruling fascist regime of Trump is entirely justified, and then some."

I must have missed where he blamed the specific deaths in Chicago you refer to on the cops.

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 01, 2020, 08:55:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:37:47 PMDo you have any idea what they deal with on a daily basis just trying to make live halfway bearable for the vast majority of African Americans who live in these terrible neighborhoods (and who are just trying to live their lives)

Shit, I didn't realise all the above helped to make life halfway bearable... going the extra mile eh?

Blaming all cops for wrongdoing is as stupid as saying all African Americans are criminals

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 08:56:26 PM

I must have missed where he blamed the specific deaths in Chicago you refer to on the cops.

Yes....it went over your head

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 08:56:26 PM

Yes....it went over your head

No, I looked at the exchange with Gmac and I don't see any reference to Chicago.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 01, 2020, 08:55:36 PM

Blaming all cops for wrongdoing is as stupid as saying all African Americans are criminals

And bringing up "black on black" crime or Chicago every time someone raises the issue of policy brutality against unarmed black men is just as stupid.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2020, 03:47:46 PM
America is right on the edge. I mean a real breakdown of society is quite possible.

The make American great again slogan hasn't aged very well.

whitey

Not really

Policing does not exist in a vacuum

The ills of the AA community do not exist because some cops are assholes