Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on May 14, 2020, 07:11:42 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 07:06:33 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 13, 2020, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 13, 2020, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 13, 2020, 05:12:30 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2020, 08:47:45 PM
In the city of San Francisco where I am right now the tenderloin is a no go zone with hundreds of extra homeless gathering there ignoring all instructions about masks and social distancing while the city officials implement strict guidelines for everyone else .  For the few that do listen they are put up in hotels and have alcohol and weed brought to the hotel for them so they don't leave , not sure if heroine is on the menu or not at the moment.  The policy of years coming back to haunt us .

What policies are you referring to. I would be interested to hear what specific things we got wrong and who enacted them.
before we get into this have you walked the streets of San Francisco lately?
Last time I was in San Francisco was 2 months ago.

GMAC Are you ready yet, to tell me what we got wrong and who is responsible ?
take a listen to gaslit nation podcast heard it's right up your alley. I have to work now I'll get back to you .

Can you please tell me what gaslit nation has to do with you answering the question. I have never heard of it till now. Will listening to it help me understand what those SF policies that are coming back to haunt us are?

omochain

Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 07:32:28 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 06:48:48 PM
LOL

And The NY Times, WaPo, CNN and MSNBC are neutral commentators in all this?

They are the biggest pack of fvckin liars that ever existed

Your buddy Chick Todd just had to apologize for using a selectively edited clip this week

Here ya go again Whitey... absurd equivalence
The current score on the lie count is
Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1
BTW why do you never answer or challenge any of my posts.

Tr

I've hoed this row before with J70

NY Times-allowed Hillary's campaign to edit a pro Bernie article to an anti Bernie article

NY Times-allowed Biden's campaign to edit an article taking out some damaging allegations

NY Tiemes-completely defamed Justice Kavanaugh and continued to do so long after he was appointed

Never mentioned that the "source" of the allegations was a former attorney to Bill Clinton and that the supposed victim had no fvckin clue what they were talking about-yet what they wrote was so inflammatory several candidates were calling for the impeachment of a sitting Supreme Xourt justice

That's as damaging if not more so to our Democracy whatever  bunch of nonsense Fox News is feeding their viewers

These people have about as much credibility as Rush Limbaugh

While many of those are contestable.. I will give them all to you and the score is now
Trump 18000 The rest 5

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dec on May 14, 2020, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 14, 2020, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: dec on May 14, 2020, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 14, 2020, 09:31:39 PM
Quote from: dec on May 14, 2020, 09:23:13 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 14, 2020, 08:45:11 PM
Diane Feinstein sold 1 to 5m worth of stock after feb18 but according to media she was just questioned and gave over all records whereas burr  house was raided and phone confiscated see how they spin it , or maybe Diane is a little more nuanced in such matters.

Diane Feinstein didn't sell any stock after February 18th. Her assets are in a blind trust. Her husband sold stock on 13 January and 18 February. She did not attend the non public briefing that Burr attended.
she ever speak to him you think.

Yes

And she still didn't sell any stock

And her husband didn't sell any stock after February 18th

But other than that you were pretty accurate.
she sold half to a million dollars of Allogene therapeutics on Jan 31st and her husband sold 1 to 5 million of stock from same company on feb 18, burr is thought to have sold up to 172 m

No she didn't

i heard she sold heroine to homeless people in san francisco hotels

whitey

Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 11:15:51 PM
LOL

Your buddy Chick Todd just had to apologize for using a selectively edited clip this week

Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1

Tr

NY Times-allowed Hillary's campaign to edit a pro Bernie article to an anti Bernie article

NY Times-allowed Biden's campaign to edit an article taking out some damaging allegations

NY Tiemes-completely defamed Justice Kavanaugh and continued to do so long after he was appointed

Never mentioned that the "source" of the allegations was a former attorney to Bill Clinton and that the supposed victim had no fvckin clue what they were talking about-yet what they wrote was so inflammatory several candidates were calling for the impeachment of a sitting Supreme Xourt justice

That's as damaging if not more so to our Democracy whatever  bunch of nonsense Fox News is feeding their viewers

While many of those are contestable.. I will give them all to you and the score is now
Trump 18000 The rest 5

Who said anything about Trump

I'm saying that the The NY Times, CNN and MSNBC are just as biased AGAINST Trump (and other conservatives) as Fox News is biased IN FAVOR OF  him

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 09:26:47 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 14, 2020, 08:24:28 PM
LOL

Utterly hilarious. Trump's performance is measured in LPD, Lies Per Day. What's it up to today?As of January he was up to over 16,000 false or misleading claims since he took office.

As for the likes of CNN, Jon Stewart explained them better than I could. He said that if they have any bias, it's in the direction of sensationalism and drama, but to suggest that they're the equivalent of Fox is just ridiculous. MSNBC tries to be the left's version of Fox, but they don't quite make it. Fox is a well-oiled lying machine that's skilled in the art of propaganda to the point where Goebbels would have been impressed by it.
The New York Times, CNN and to an extent the Washington Post have a terrible propensity to frame stories on Trump's terms and stay away from stories that are genuinely harmful to him or not draw attention to the real stories that matter about him because they're petrified of being seen as biased against him. Consistent threats against the media tends to have that effect (and threats against the media have been Trump's stock in trade for his whole adult life) but it's still a big failing on the part of those organisations. Also CNN platformed an actual Nazi in Richard Spencer, for fook's sake. These organisations have major, major failings, but they are not in the direction that Trumpbots portray - they are in in the other direction - the direction that is advantageous to Trump.

Anybody who is still running with the narrative that "the media are anti-Trump" is strictly for the slow learners class.

On the contrary, CNN etc. made Trump because they gave him oceans of free coverage and the US media in general has consistently treated Trump as a normal politician when he's an existential threat to the US.

Bias doesn't even come into things. The concept of the media being "biased" against Trump is as ludicrous as the notion of the press having an "anti-Hitler bias" in 1938. Trump is objectively a fooking sociopathic, possibly psychopathic monster running a grotesque regime.

Incompetence is another thing that isn;t relevant, because it implies a measure of good faith on the part of Trump which does not exist. Trump is a wrecker, he's a nihilist. He is not there to be "competent" in any normal sense of the word that normal people understand. The problem is that he's actually highlly competent for wwhat he's there to do, which is to destroy the US from the inside and strip it for parts, make himself and his criminal kleptocrat buddies rich as hell, and completely trash the reputation of the US internationally and destroy the post World War II western alliance. It comes back to Trump being a Russian asset and in bed with the Russian mafia for four decades.

Media as entertainment has been an utterly disastrous development over the last three decades. The person who says the most ludicrous things is deemed the most "entertaining" by media desperate for ratings/sales/clicks/advertising, and thus gets the most coverage.

This is closely related to the far right idea of "the marketplace of ideas", a truly disastrous concept, which holds that there are no objectively right or wrong opinions or ideas, and that the worth of an opinion or an idea can only be measured by how much reaction it generates, ie. its entertainment value.

Idiocy and criminality are "entertaining". Stable, competent government is not. It's little wonder right-wing crackpots out to wreck the gaff continually say "people have had enough of experts".

Racists, flat earthers, climate crisis deniers and anti-vaxxers are "entertaining". Sober science, sober expertise and tolerance are not "entertaining".

Which is why the ideas and opinions that win in our age are so often the stupid ones, and why the politicians who win are so often the criminals and the psychopaths, the so called "charismatic" ones. It's no coincidence that so many of the looney right-wingers now in power or close to power around the world have so called "big" personalities. They understand politics as entertainment and soap opera.

It is capitalism in its purest form. And education is another enemy of such right-wing crackpotism. Rupert Murdoch has not just dedicated his life to making the rich richer and the poor poorer, but to making the poor less educated by serving them up a diet of sensationalist trash wherever he has gone. Trump and his criminal cabal hate education too, they hate liberal arts education most of all because it gives young people a ability to think critically. They hate public education, which is why Trump appointed as Education Secretary a billionaire who has a history of opposing public schools, to destroy the public school system. Education, and especially working class education, is a mortal threat to right-wing crackpotism.

Trump's followers (and that is what they are, followers, in the cult sense) all have the perfect mix of cyncism and gullibility, and a love of seeing others endure pain that has been developed by propaganda, that a pied piper is just waiting to exploit. All the most notorious fascists and authoritarians did that. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Putin in Russia, Modi in India, Erdogan in Turkey, Netanyahu in Israel, Orban in Hungary, Terreblanche in South Africa, Paisley in Northern Ireland.

Quality!

J70

Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 11:15:51 PM
LOL

Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1

Tr

Trump 18000 The rest 5

Never mind that whitey is playing a wee bit loose with his charges there, ignoring, as usual, points he didn't  refute or even address on previous discussions e.g. that for any honest reader, the Times didn't in fact remove any "damaging allegations " about Biden, the substance was still there in full;  and the so-called Clinton attorney whom he impugns and implies had ulterior motives re. Kavanaugh is in fact a highly respected, non-partisan figure in DC politics who is an expert in presidential transitions and has worked with both Democrats and Republicans. Yes, in the 90s, 20 years previously, he worked on the Clinton impeachment defense team because the DC law firm he worked for was hired by Clinton; giant of the legal field, personally sought out, he was not. In fact the only reason I had heard of the guy was because he is featured for his transition expertise in a book whitey himself recommended a month or two ago on this thread.

It's like discussing things with a creationist; you think something has been discussed and put to bed, then up it pops again, as if nothing had ever been said.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2020, 12:56:58 AM

Never mind that whitey is playing a wee bit loose with his charges there, ignoring, as usual, points he didn't  refute or even address on previous discussions e.g. that for any honest reader, the Times didn't in fact remove any "damaging allegations " about Biden, the substance was still there in full;  and the so-called Clinton attorney whom he impugns and implies had ulterior motives re. Kavanaugh is in fact a highly respected, non-partisan figure in DC politics who is an expert in presidential transitions and has worked with both Democrats and Republicans. Yes, in the 90s, 20 years previously, he worked on the Clinton impeachment defense team because the DC law firm he worked for was hired by Clinton; giant of the legal field, personally sought out, he was not. In fact the only reason I had heard of the guy was because he is featured for his transition expertise in a book whitey himself recommended a month or two ago on this thread.

It's like discussing things with a creationist; you think something has been discussed and put to bed, then up it pops again, as if nothing had ever been said.

That poster is not here to debate in any way, he's here to troll and try to drag the thread onto the fantastical "Earth 2" that Trump supporters inhabit.

I'd strongly suggest reasonable posters put him on ignore. Attention is his oxygen.

sid waddell

The volte face of the so called "pro-life" set to being explicitly pro-death during the Coronavirus crisis has been entirely predictable.

In the words of Texas lietenant Governor Dan Patrick, "there are more important things than living".

Areas that voted Trump are are being and will be devastated by Covid, as they cheerlead their own destruction. And Trump doesn't give two hoots, because he only cares about one person - himself - and about three things - money, power and immunity from prosecution.

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1261033514239221761

BREAKING: Texas officials report 58 new deaths since yesterday - single largest death toll in one day since this started. We have had 116 deaths over three days. Worst three day total this month.

whitey

So "allegations" (unsubstantiated/false) are made in The NY Times that are so inflammatory, several presidential candidates, within hours of the piece being published, pledge that if elected they will impeach and remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and J70 thinks thats okay.

And this is exactly the type of bvllshit attitude by the left, that leads a lot of Trump supporters I know to not give a flying fvck about anything he says or does.

(And the fact that Max Stier once represented Bill Clinton is absolutely material information that should have been disclosed in the article.....by not disclosing it, and then people finding out after the fact just invalidates the entire article)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 01:22:13 AM
So "allegations" (unsubstantiated/false) are made in The NY Times that are so inflammatory, several presidential candidates, within hours of the piece being published, pledge that if elected they will impeach and remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and J70 thinks thats okay.

And this is exactly the type of bvllshit attitude by the left, that leads a lot of Trump supporters I know to not give a flying fvck about anything he says or does.

Trumpers don't need any help from the left in adopting crazy ideas. I can assure you of that. The "liberals drive us crazy, therefore it's all your fault" defense does not impress me.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2020, 01:04:03 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2020, 12:56:58 AM

That poster is not here to debate in any way, he's here to troll and try to drag the thread onto the fantastical "Earth 2" that Trump supporters inhabit.

I'd strongly suggest reasonable posters put him on ignore. Attention is his oxygen.

I'm seriously considering putting Whitey on ignore. It would be nice to have an actual discussion about US politics that deals with the real world, rather than beating the dead horse of trying to convince a conservative that the Earth is not flat.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2020, 01:11:59 AM
The volte face of the so called "pro-life" set to being explicitly pro-death during the Coronavirus crisis has been entirely predictable.

In the words of Texas lietenant Governor Dan Patrick, "there are more important things than living".

Areas that voted Trump are are being and will be devastated by Covid, as they cheerlead their own destruction. And Trump doesn't give two hoots, because he only cares about one person - himself - and about three things - money, power and immunity from prosecution.

BREAKING: Texas officials report 58 new deaths since yesterday - single largest death toll in one day since this started. We have had 116 deaths over three days. Worst three day total this month.

The red(neck) states are about to get a very painful lesson in how natural selection works, something they've been denying for years and will continue to deny into their mass graves. As Whitey would say, tick tock tick tock...

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 15, 2020, 01:33:29 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2020, 01:11:59 AM

The red(neck) states are about to get a very painful lesson in how natural selection works, something they've been denying for years and will continue to deny into their mass graves. As Whitey would say, tick tock tick tock...
you two can hope anyway.

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 15, 2020, 01:28:35 AM

Trumpers don't need any help from the left in adopting crazy ideas. I can assure you of that. The "liberals drive us crazy, therefore it's all your fault" defense does not impress me.
Being pushed into voting for a fascist by those "nasty, nasty libs" is not a real thing. It's an excuse, and denies agency and personal responsibiity, which I thought right wingers were huge on. Apparently not.

But where would the right wingers be without eternal fake victimhood?

They think inconvenience is fascism, or at least that's what right-wing media tells them to believe. But actual fascism, nah.

Of course the irony is that many, maybe most Trump supporters are very real victims - victims of poverty, victims of poor living conditions, poor health, poor (if any) health coverage, poor education, and of propaganda.

But these aren't the things they believe they are victims of - well at least not when Trump, who is a hyper, on industrial levels of steroids version of the failed ideology that has left so many Americans of all political perusuasions in a perilous state - is president.

If Biden somehow gets in it'll be all his fault, just like it was all conveniently Obama's fault after the 2008 financial crash.

J70

(And the fact that Max Stier once represented Bill Clinton is absolutely material information that should have been disclosed in the article.....by not disclosing it, and then people finding out after the fact just invalidates the entire article)

1. Those who are interested (and I'm sure few are) can go back to April 16/17, 2020 when we were discussing this very issue on this thread. Do so yourself if you want. I'm not typing out the same back and forth again so soon. Here is a link even to the middle of the posts: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11632.msg1967388#msg1967388. Knock yourself out.

2. The only way Stier being a minor player on Clinton's impeachment defense team more than 20 years ago  invalidates it is IF you're dishonestly just looking for any excuse, no matter how weak, to dismiss the story or opinion. Especially when he is someone who has not been a partisan player or party hack at any time in his career. No doubt you'll pull him out again next month though.