TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: TheOptimist on May 01, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2019, 10:41:37 AM
Just watched Line of Duty class episode!!!

Can't believe there isn't more talk on this. Line of Duty and Peaky Blinders have been my two favourite shows over the past 4 or 5 years.

The plotlines are brilliant, clever and layered and acting is great. Can't wait to the 90 minute finale on Sunday.

Me too but I hope they put this H thing to bed and start a fresh storyline the next time with a few more fresh faces getting more screen time in AC12 I think the next season is the time to change things up a bit!!

nrico2006

Can't believe there isn't more talk on this. Line of Duty and Peaky Blinders have been my two favourite shows over the past 4 or 5 years.

The plotlines are brilliant, clever and layered and acting is great. Can't wait to the 90 minute finale on Sunday.

Watch both but think that Peaky Blinders is pretty average, great setting and production though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2019, 11:17:14 AM

Me too but I hope they put this H thing to bed and start a fresh storyline the next time with a few more fresh faces getting more screen time in AC12 I think the next season is the time to change things up a bit!!
It's an absolute truth that the defenders of the realm are just one or two bad apples short of being truly righteous.

bennydorano

Get Shorty, the Chris O'Dowd 2 series tv remake of the movie is very good, feels wrong to like it but it's good.

Billys Boots

Quote from: bennydorano on May 06, 2019, 12:40:35 AM
Get Shorty, the Chris O'Dowd 2 series tv remake of the movie is very good, feels wrong to like it but it's good.

I finished Season-2 at the weekend as well.  I like it, but it's the sort of thing I'd dip into now and again, rather than binge-watch. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Chernobyl's first episode was impressive!!

Main Street

Cardinal is a bit of alright considering, cannuck noir, a good stocking filler, based on books from crime novelist Giles Blunt, but I'm only in the door on the 3rd episode.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2019, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2019, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2019, 09:55:37 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2019, 11:02:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 09, 2019, 08:57:10 PM
Fleabag. Absolute genius.

YES!!! Absolutely the best thing that's been on TV for a while!!

Watched the first few episodes.
Its a warts and all show thats for sure.

Suprised it is a BBC show given its so risque

Go through it all. The secund season isn't quite as dark but is more laugh out loud funny.

It's the best British comedy in a long, long time.

Will try it again gallsman.

Hasnt been many laugh out loud moments so far - more cringe or 'oh f**k me' moments (like flicking the bean to Obama  :o  )

The first episode with the priest was sone of the funniest scenes ever on TV. Shame it's over.

White Gold was really good also but the last two episodes were sort of predictable would like to see a season three.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

BennyCake

Finally finished Breaking Bad.

It did drag on a bit but I did enjoy the final season. I got that one watched in a few days. Really enjoyed that one. Thank god it's over though. Only took me from last September! :D

RedHand88

The looming tower, good show, if you liked homeland you'll like this.

screenexile

Black Mirror June 5th!!!!

The cast looks very decent with Topher Grace/Miley Cyrus/Andrew Scott/Anthony Mackie.

It will hopefully be better than Bandersnatch which was alright as a concept but never really took hold.

Tony Baloney

Enjoying Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, although the "ey oop, lad" accents of some of the characters takes a bit of getting used to.

Solo_run

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
Enjoying Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, although the "ey oop, lad" accents of some of the characters takes a bit of getting used to.

Who needs fictional TV shows when you have this on. It's dark, intense and captivating.

The only annoyance I have is the range of accents in it. Should have made it authentic and used Russian actors with subs

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Solo_run on May 21, 2019, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2019, 12:07:54 PM

Who needs fictional TV shows when you have this on. It's dark, intense and captivating.

The only annoyance I have is the range of accents in it. Should have made it authentic and used Russian actors with subs
Absolutely grim but compelling viewing tonight.

I've got used to the accents now.