Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOVEGAA

Quote from: culchy on October 24, 2018, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 24, 2018, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 24, 2018, 02:53:13 PM
Quote from: Goku on October 24, 2018, 02:47:00 PM
County Board will have a different outlook next Year if no R/E players turns up to Play with Laois and if one of the Top Ref's in the county quits.. Ridiculous decision. Stapleton should know better to though.. Not the first time he has argued with Refs following an R/E loss. Its not his place
His behaviour was unacceptable and couldn't be let go.

Which is fair enough, but laughable when you look at the other ban

There is more to the story doing the rounds that Stapleton was arguing with the ref at half time, rumour has it he assaulted a county board official who is now taking legal action against him, he will be lucky if a 4 week ban is all he gets.

The appeal on Dooley was probably lifted as the county board had no grounds to suspend him as the referee had dealt with the situation by giving the yellow card. Again very unfortunate what happened King but he ran 40 yards after the whistle had be blown to get involved and watching the clip in REAL time it looks like an unfortunate accident that was caused by himself running at speed and Dooley turning to protect himself.

Culchy is back !!  Would you ever f***  off with the shite you are coming out with

Looking at the video in REAL time is actually worse

culchy

Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 24, 2018, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: culchy on October 24, 2018, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 24, 2018, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 24, 2018, 02:53:13 PM
Quote from: Goku on October 24, 2018, 02:47:00 PM
County Board will have a different outlook next Year if no R/E players turns up to Play with Laois and if one of the Top Ref's in the county quits.. Ridiculous decision. Stapleton should know better to though.. Not the first time he has argued with Refs following an R/E loss. Its not his place
His behaviour was unacceptable and couldn't be let go.

Which is fair enough, but laughable when you look at the other ban

There is more to the story doing the rounds that Stapleton was arguing with the ref at half time, rumour has it he assaulted a county board official who is now taking legal action against him, he will be lucky if a 4 week ban is all he gets.

The appeal on Dooley was probably lifted as the county board had no grounds to suspend him as the referee had dealt with the situation by giving the yellow card. Again very unfortunate what happened King but he ran 40 yards after the whistle had be blown to get involved and watching the clip in REAL time it looks like an unfortunate accident that was caused by himself running at speed and Dooley turning to protect himself.

Culchy is back !!  Would you ever f***  off with the shite you are coming out with

Looking at the video in REAL time is actually worse
How do u make it out to be worse , the incident is King is over after seconds, its a thing of nothing

High Fielder

Culchy, your player has been exonerated. I don't see any point in stirring the pot. The situation was bad and the CB made it worse. It's not even a loophole if the decision of the referee can't conclusively be overturned. The CB obviously feel that the referee made the incorrect decision at the time and decided to dish out their own sanction. At best, the referee should never officiate at this level again. At worst, the CB don't understand the procedures. A bit of clarification would be welcome

LOVEGAA

Culchy if you looked into it you will see stapleton approached obrien after the match not at half time

The fact that the incident is over in seconds makes it ok??

HURLING1

Stapleton should have more sense, though I do like him as a referee.
Culchy , High Fielder is correct, no need to stir the pot ,it's over.
Collier well deserving hurler of the year. Brilliant displays in semi and final.

Moregroundhurling

Stapleton gets a ban for a comment on social media. Camross player's get no repurcussions for their actions on social media.🤐

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Moregroundhurling on October 24, 2018, 08:27:13 PM
Stapleton gets a ban for a comment on social media. Camross player's get no repurcussions for their actions on social media.🤐
The more authority you have the harder you'll fall

Blow-in

Quote from: Moregroundhurling on October 24, 2018, 08:27:13 PM

Stapleton got a ban for abusing and threatening the referee after the game outside the referee dressing room and then followed him out to the car park and further abuse and threaten him. And when Stapleton took a break from abusing him, his wife decided to continue it for him.
Stapleton no angel I can assure you.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

"I could see by my team-mates' faces that it wasn't good"
Ross King tells Shane Keegan about the horrific injury that has shocked the game of hurling

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-could-see-by-my-team-mates-faces-that-it-wasnt-good-bnh8cfp9l
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Camross were never good for Laois hurling it was a saying my grandfather used to say ...

That was back in the 70s ..

I grew up to like players like pj cuddy joe dollard etc ..but  as a club controversy  always followed...

How anyone one can justify what happened says it all to me ...

Who cares if he ran 100 yards to get involved ..he(Roddy) saw the usual wild camross timber pulling outrageously high and went at speed to shoulder a guy but got caught with a cowards reply

A former Dublin county hurler of recent past said to me about 7-8 maybe more years ago when they met camross in the leinster club ...

I thought i had seen it all with wicklow hurling but yere men in black and amber are the dirtiest  team i ever togged out against .

I love laois and always support the clubs who get out of Laois  but by fcuk i hope the crowd from wexford hammer them
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 25, 2018, 02:34:17 AM
Ross King tells Shane Keegan about the horrific injury that has shocked the game of hurling

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-could-see-by-my-team-mates-faces-that-it-wasnt-good-bnh8cfp9l
Well said Roddy, very honest. My youngest sent him a card, nice to see such things were appreciated.

LOVEGAA

Tell's it all when no one made contact after.

Bad sportsmanship but then again what's new with Camross

Don Draper

Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 25, 2018, 10:58:47 AM
Tell's it all when no one made contact after.

Bad sportsmanship but then again what's new with Camross
to clarify, someone from Camross did make contact. Just not in an official capacity. Nor did the person in question. If it were an accident, you'd at least have the decency to call and say as much.

LOVEGAA

Sorry Don meant no one that was involved in incident. Should have clarified.

Leixlad

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 25, 2018, 02:34:17 AM

Brilliant interview - fair play to him for speaking so honestly about it.