Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Obviously the GAA disciplinary system is full of loopholes, and any club - not just Camross - will exploit this to get one of their own off. I've seen outsiders brought in and paid to appeal suspensions for worse than what happened in the county final. Anyway, I presume he's off because the Leinster championship is a separate competition, and the ban will only apply to next year's SHC?

High Fielder

Can you impose a suspension if a player has not been sent off for an incident? Did he get a yellow on the day?

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on October 24, 2018, 09:11:09 AM
Obviously the GAA disciplinary system is full of loopholes, and any club - not just Camross - will exploit this to get one of their own off. I've seen outsiders brought in and paid to appeal suspensions for worse than what happened in the county final. Anyway, I presume he's off because the Leinster championship is a separate competition, and the ban will only apply to next year's SHC?
It says a lot about this club that they chose this route. The same as it said about other clubs who forged ESB documents for transfers, took transfers to the DRA etc etc. of course they've every right to but they don't have to. There's some honour in life and sport still, there's none in actions like this. May the stench of their actions permeate through the ages and consume the very Jersey's they wear.

ollie12

Don't go blaming the county board etc for the player getting the suspension lifted. It's the GAA as a whole. There are obviously different loopholes within the rules and this is how he got off. It wasn't as if laois county board said we'll suspend him for a couple of games and then a few weeks later they said, do you know what, we'll just let him off, no suspension. The justice system and appeals system is a complete joke within the GAA.

finbar o tool

Quote from: ollie12 on October 24, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
Don't go blaming the county board etc for the player getting the suspension lifted. It's the GAA as a whole. There are obviously different loopholes within the rules and this is how he got off. It wasn't as if laois county board said we'll suspend him for a couple of games and then a few weeks later they said, do you know what, we'll just let him off, no suspension. The justice system and appeals system is a complete joke within the GAA.

I heard nothing official about loopholes, only heard the appeals committee have decided to let him off with no punishment! Until i hear different then yes the CB is at fault. And its gas, you see people on social media actually arguing whether he should have been sent off for a hurl into another players face, or the numerous wild pulls before that! They're should have been 3 red cards! And the ref should not get away without having his performance looked at.
And all this is sending a message to every Gaa player that they can act the thug and get away with it. Simple as that!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

LOVEGAA

Quote from: ollie12 on October 24, 2018, 11:37:51 AM

The county board have to take some of the blame for letting O'Brien near the final. They have seen O'Brien in action and yet continued to give him games.

Im sure any player watching all this unfold is wondering if it is worth it to tog out for club or county when player welfare obviously isn't a top priority with our County Board.

How any club is let away with what went on in both games and on the side line is unbelievable

ollie12

To my knowledge the appeals  board are made up of four or five  people from various clubs. I could be wrong on this.  If so its got nothing to do with the county board.  But yes, the county board should take some slack for letting that referee do the final. And bye the way, I'm not in any way condoning or defending  the actions of the player.  I think he should serve a lengthy suspension.

High Fielder

The CB imposed the ban did they not? They must have had conclusive video evidence to do so if the referee didn't see it on the day. And if they had such evidence, and the referee didn't see it, then any ban imposed would have stood. Obviously there is no video evidence, and as such, any decision made by the referee is all that counts.

The CB are making too many mistakes in my opinion. Their handling of transfers seems to be very different depending on the clubs involved. They tried to block Daly but granted the Kingstons a transfer no bother. Same circumstances but different approaches.

Then you had the bans lifted four years in a row but not Bruno's. I have to say there's more than a bit of a whiff off some of their decision making.

On what basis did they impose the two game ban? That's the crux of the matter

LOVEGAA

Quote from: High Fielder on October 24, 2018, 01:04:49 PM
The CB imposed the ban did they not? They must have had conclusive video evidence to do so if the referee didn't see it on the day. And if they had such evidence, and the referee didn't see it, then any ban imposed would have stood. Obviously there is no video evidence, and as such, any decision made by the referee is all that counts.

The CB are making too many mistakes in my opinion. Their handling of transfers seems to be very different depending on the clubs involved. They tried to block Daly but granted the Kingstons a transfer no bother. Same circumstances but different approaches.

Then you had the bans lifted four years in a row but not Bruno's. I have to say there's more than a bit of a whiff off some of their decision making.

On what basis did they impose the two game ban? That's the crux of the matter

It doesn't make sense. If county board used video evidence well then they saw something that supported ban so why did the appeal committee not see it.

Stapleton gets 4 weeks for verbal and ban lifted for physical for Camross. Something very wrong with this

Goku

County Board will have a different outlook next Year if no R/E players turns up to Play with Laois and if one of the Top Ref's in the county quits.. Ridiculous decision. Stapleton should know better to though.. Not the first time he has argued with Refs following an R/E loss. Its not his place 

Jd

I'd  imagine this ban was lifted on some technical  point.  County  board tried to deal with  it and I'd  imagine some genius  found a way around it.  The culture  of the gaa  is to find a way around bans no matter what harm it causes.  Rugby and soccer  tend to just accept  the ban and move on

Don Draper

Quote from: Goku on October 24, 2018, 02:47:00 PM
County Board will have a different outlook next Year if no R/E players turns up to Play with Laois and if one of the Top Ref's in the county quits.. Ridiculous decision. Stapleton should know better to though.. Not the first time he has argued with Refs following an R/E loss. Its not his place
His behaviour was unacceptable and couldn't be let go.

Laoiseabu

The county board in this county really is a tv comedy show at this stage . Camross probably blackmailed them to overturn it or else none  of their players would commit to the county this year. Wouldn't surprise me. Rathdowney Errill must be disgusted especially Ross King

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Don Draper on October 24, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

Which is fair enough, but laughable when you look at the other ban

culchy

Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 24, 2018, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 24, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

Which is fair enough, but laughable when you look at the other ban

There is more to the story doing the rounds that Stapleton was arguing with the ref at half time, rumour has it he assaulted a county board official who is now taking legal action against him, he will be lucky if a 4 week ban is all he gets.

The appeal on Dooley was probably lifted as the county board had no grounds to suspend him as the referee had dealt with the situation by giving the yellow card. Again very unfortunate what happened King but he ran 40 yards after the whistle had be blown to get involved and watching the clip in REAL time it looks like an unfortunate accident that was caused by himself running at speed and Dooley turning to protect himself.