Monaghan v Laois - Sunday 8th July - Navan Navan

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 05, 2018, 11:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Any Laois men about?  :o

Monaghan definitely got the rub of the green thus far in the qualifiers but our eara have pricked up and our eyes have narrowed for this one.. It'll definitely not be as simple as the previous 2. I'd expect us to win, one major fu*kup in a season is enough for any man..

Schkite

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 05, 2018, 11:55:42 PM
Any Laois men about?  :o

Monaghan definitely got the rub of the green thus far in the qualifiers but our eara have pricked up and our eyes have narrowed for this one.. It'll definitely not be as simple as the previous 2. I'd expect us to win, one major fu*kup in a season is enough for any man..

I had a gander and they're all over in their own sub-forum plotting our downfall.

This should certainly be a sterner test than our last two but we should still prevail and move on to the Super 8s. We are definitely prone to the odd c**k up as you say, but the prize of the last 8 is within reach so I would hope we move it up a gear for this one.

Is Kieran Hughes back for this one?

seafoid

The 1979 Monaghan team had a Finlay a Hughes and a   Clerkin  playing as did the team of a few years ago. Any of them related?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

All Irelabd Semi  final
K Finlay 0-4, H Clerkin 0-1, E Hughes 0-1.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Subbie

Kieran "Jap"Finlay , R.I.P., father of Paul , recently retired Monaghan left footed supremo
Hugo Clerkin, father of recently retired Monaghan midfielder & GAA high command propagandist in chief Dick
Eugene Hughes , more widely known by his nom de guerre Nudie, no sons playing recently but did have a son that played a bit of ball for Monaghan in the last 8-10 years but never hit the heights of his father.

Schkite

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2018, 10:14:24 AM
The 1979 Monaghan team had a Finlay a Hughes and a   Clerkin  playing as did the team of a few years ago. Any of them related?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

All Irelabd Semi  final
K Finlay 0-4, H Clerkin 0-1, E Hughes 0-1.

There was also Jack McCarron's da Ray who came onto the scene a bit later but had success in the 80s and won an all star in 93.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: The Subbie on July 06, 2018, 11:09:01 AM
Kieran "Jap"Finlay , R.I.P., father of Paul , recently retired Monaghan left footed supremo
Hugo Clerkin, father of recently retired Monaghan midfielder & GAA high command propagandist in chief Dick
Eugene Hughes , more widely known by his nom de guerre Nudie, no sons playing recently but did have a son nephew that played a bit of ball for Monaghan in the last 8-10 years but never hit the heights of his father uncle.

Nudie's nephew is Rory Woods, who played for Monaghan in the '00s, a bear of a man.. He'd similar style and build to Nudie.

Schkite

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 06, 2018, 11:40:57 AM
Eugene Hughes , more widely known by his nom de guerre Nudie, no sons playing recently but did have a son nephew that played a bit of ball for Monaghan in the last 8-10 years but never hit the heights of his father uncle.

Nudie's nephew is Rory Woods, who played for Monaghan in the '00s, a bear of a man.. He'd similar style and build to Nudie.

His son Ciaran was knocking around the panel for a few years too though.

FarneyMan

Ben Beggan also played a bit of ball for Monaghan in the 80's.........Rory Beggans father.

seafoid

Eugene Hughes , more widely known by his nom de guerre Nudie, no sons playing recently but did have a son that played a bit of ball for Monaghan in the last 8-10 years but never hit the heights of his father.
GRMA
Nothing like a family tradition
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Subbie

Just had a wee look at the Laois page and is it not a bit parochial to be chatting away over there and not try and discuss the game here  :D

SouthDublinBro

An intertesting statistic that the Monaghan boys would like to hide is that McManus only scored a single point in the match against Leitrim.  :o

Schkite

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 06, 2018, 10:26:11 PM
An intertesting statistic that the Monaghan boys would like to hide is that McManus only scored a single point in the match against Leitrim.  :o

And if he scored 75% of our scores, you'd be here calling us a one man team.

Your bizarre trolling attempts are getting worse.

The Subbie

Schkite, I wouldn't even respond to that tool.
Its entire output on this board is anti Monaghan trolling and amateur level trolling at that, as far from Fearonesqe ,at times , subtle trolling ,as u can get.

Infantile , unsophisticated and obsessive.

I have a theory that he/she had their eye wiped at a Gaeltacht disco as a teenager by a much better looking , witty and charming Monaghan person and has privately seethed and wallowed in a hatred of all things Monaghan ever since.
Tapping away at a keyboard in some hell hole like Greenhills or Ballyroan cursing their luck at not been cuter and more alert to the Monaghan threat at that Rosmuc disco in 1994.
Get help Bro, life's too short man.

Viva Muìneachain !!!

bamboo

I asked that south Dublin fella for his reasons for hating us so much in the leitrim match thread but got no reply so I'll ask him again here. So then Bro, what's the story behind the bitterness and incessant negative posts towards a harmless wee county like ourselves?