Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

The performances against Mayo and Kerry undone after that diaplay today. Though they over hyped the win in Mayo.

Cavan didn't 't play like a team needing to win the game. They might have took Roscommon for granted because of their league form. They don't fear Cavan ,and have have had the upper hand for a good while.  Cavan need to find 1 or 2 scoringr forwards.  Maybe the u21 might be able to step up.

Itchy

Cavan also need a manager with some cop on. I was disgusted with what I saw on Sunday. You are playing a team with a poor defense and a poor midfield but decent scoring forwards. A team very low on confidence. We allowed them to kick the ball out short and run 2/3 of the field unopposed until the get to our 45 where their most dangerous players reside. Not only that but we stuck with this ridiculous tactic until there were only 5mins left and we were 4 points down. Why not push up on them, force them to kick long and beat them at midfield and attack when it is 6 on 6, like Kerry did to us???

Then we had the moving of players, dropping of players and leaving guys on the field that were doing nothing. You get a team starting to come into shape and form and then start messing with it again. We also had players like McKiernan and Martin Reilly who yet again on the big day went missing.

The whole thing was terrible, I have very little confidence in this team to beat Monaghan in the Ulster championship.

rodney trotter

Taking off Dillon for Clerkin made no sense. A like for like player. Dillon was doing grand, with the limited amount of ball he got.  He made a brilliant catch in the first half, took a decent score.

The League is starting next weekend,  they may keep an eye on Keating now he is back playing with Cuchullains.

mrdeeds

Keating is not committing even though back playing club football. I'd be looking at our u21 midfield Wednesday plus Bradley and Caomhin O Reilly.

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2017, 03:11:35 PM
Taking off Dillon for Clerkin made no sense. A like for like player. Dillon was doing grand, with the limited amount of ball he got.  He made a brilliant catch in the first half, took a decent score.

The League is starting next weekend,  they may keep an eye on Keating now he is back playing with Cuchullains.

Clerkin and Dillon like for like?? Jaysus Rodney they're nothing alike.

We're all looking towards the U21s but if McGleenan was to throw in an U21 for his Senior Debut in an Ulster Championship game it could go horribly wrong. Plus, we'll get to see what this dangerous forward line is really made of on Wednesday night.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on April 03, 2017, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2017, 03:11:35 PM

Clerkin and Dillon like for like?? Jaysus Rodney they're nothing alike.

We're all looking towards the U21s but if McGleenan was to throw in an U21 for his Senior Debut in an Ulster Championship game it could go horribly wrong. Plus, we'll get to see what this dangerous forward line is really made of on Wednesday night.

Like for like as in the same build, which they are. Dillion is a better ball winner. Niall McKiernan was  the obvious sub to put on. Some height and more of a finisher then Clerkin

Itchy

Thought Dunne was very poor at full back, miles off his man. Thankfully his man hadn't the brains to turn and run at him. His effort for their goal was shocking bad, not even looking at the Ball. Seems to me McGlennan is worried about midfield as he keeps switching Clarke in there. What I don't understand is why he is so worried as he is conceding half the pitch to the opposition so everyone ends up inside the 45 anyway. Madden was a player that has done well and was reduced to coming on with 5 mins left. I just don't know what he is at.

Itchy

Terrible show against Donegal last Wednesday. I know they are an excellent team and maybe we would never beat them but for God sake we should not be getting thrashed out the gate like that. Two years in a row this management team have not delivered, time for a change there for U20 next year. I say put Hyland in there again if he would do it. It looks like we have a decent minor and u17 team coming through, they need the right man to work with them.

Westside

When the U21s lost last year Lynch gave it the "well we didn't have the access to the players until late on and, and this is no excuse.." said he, making an excuse "we always would have had one eye on next year with this squad of players" I thought it was bullshit to be coming out with at the time and it looks even worse now after that hammering. He's had his chance, time to move on.

The funny thing is, there seems to be some very good individual talent in the team. Or am I being guilty of the typical Cavan overrating? Be interesting to see if McGleenan drafts any of them in.

Hyland taking over the U20s would be the best possible scenario. Although I would fear that there would be an element who would think that it would be a step backwards (the same people who couldn't see improvement in Cavan Seniors since 2013)

What's the story with the Minors, they're into a League Semi Final is that right? I hear that the whole U17/Minor thing is being treated very differently by different counties and as a result Cavan have delivered some hammerings. It'll probably be a different ball game come Championship but if we have our house in order before the rest of Ulster we could have a good chance of making progress.

mrdeeds

McVeety out of Monagahan game. Two Murrays are doubts.

Duckquay

No county players playing this weekend in what was meant to be the last round with them before the monaghan game. A joke.

cavanlad

Email sent out tonight
Due to concerns over the  growing number of injuries within the County Senior Panel and the unavailability of a significant number of County Players to there Clubs at the present time, this Saturday's ACFL Fixtures have been postponed.

Club not affected who wish to proceed may do so once agreed by both Teams.
My ignore list - Richiej

mrdeeds

Injuries are a reality of football. I've heard the County Training has gone way up in intensity and recent weeks and a lot of hamstrings have went. That shows that the training is not fit for purpose and  clubs are the ones being punished.

Westside

If McVeety is out it's a massive blow. Of all the things Mattie tried, McVeety as an inside forward was the stand out success.

Itchy

Monaghan were very flat today for 50/60% of the game and then when the upped it a bit they blew Fermanagh away. They have some real scoring power. It sickens me to say it but I cannot see how Cavan will beat them in a game they will surely be up for.