Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILikeStrawberryJam

I dont doubt towns a genuine laois gaa man but its always bits of info that are hard to make sence of.
Burke was much more specific but to be fair he had the right platform on which to bring it up.

Lets just hope this might be a bit of a watershed .. time will tell

Pablo Escobar

Could Pete McGrath be the man for the job?

Unison

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 19, 2017, 12:05:40 AM
Could Pete McGrath be the man for the job?

Maybe, but if Fermanagh lads don't want him, that says a lot.

I think his time has passed.

High Fielder

Let's see who's brave enough to name these four players. If they do exist, I don't want them near a Laois panel again because I've wasted good money following them around. If they don't exist, which is what I'll believe until I hear names, then it's pure hearsay. Either way, in the interests of GAA in this county, someone needs to grow a pair. Talking is a waste of time. You have to be prepared to act. Name them and give them a year off. Tipperary showed earlier in the year that sometimes you have to do things that hurt in the short term.

O moore parklife

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 09:19:38 AM
Let's see who's brave enough to name these four players. If they do exist, I don't want them near a Laois panel again because I've wasted good money following them around. If they don't exist, which is what I'll believe until I hear names, then it's pure hearsay. Either way, in the interests of GAA in this county, someone needs to grow a pair. Talking is a waste of time. You have to be prepared to act. Name them and give them a year off. Tipperary showed earlier in the year that sometimes you have to do things that hurt in the short term.
Well said it's never the wrong time to do the right thing.
Cut out the rot galvanise the squad left and put all the effort and time into these players who will go through a wall for each other knowing they are being honest and committed.

town1980

i see Gerry has  put the drinking rumours  to peter creedon all he had to do was have a word to his son during the year,my point both Garry and Tom  Meketrick the other selector would both have known who was drinking who was acting the shite during the year and both did nothing,peter doesnt live in the county Garry and Tom do and both showed a blind eye to this,like i said i was slated for saying it on this forum but i seen and know who was at it and i live in Portlaoise now you have a Crettyard man who lives the opposite end of the county hearing and seeing it,,so to Tony who has been very quiet here since laois were beaten  and to the other lads  who said i was talking crap fek yee :P

High Fielder

Get a grip of yourself. You're a gutless, spineless little coward. Did you confront these panel members? Did you ask them what they were playing at? No, you came home and got your laptop out. Good man Billy Big Bollix. Name them or shut up

The Saint

Jesus lads not a hope anyone on an anonymous forum should be publicly naming an amateur sportsman for anything. Or.....put your own name beside the players name if you really feel the need.

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 09:19:38 AM

Agreed Cathal Barrett was warned twice,caught a third time,dropped,took his punishment and there's every chance he will be back with Tipp before long,It sent out a fair message to a panel that had won an All Ireland 6 months beforehand.

We in Laois prefer to tiptoe around the problem,if rules were broken regarding drinking,were sanctions in place and if they were,why weren't they implemented?.

High Fielder

They don't exist until someone names them Saint. This lad has an agenda. He did nothing when he saw them drinking. Absolutely sweet F.A. Didn't even bring it to the attention of his club and three of his own club men in there doing the hard yards. He's more worried about being the big fella on a poxy forum. A joke

BallyroanAbu

Personally I think this is disgraceful, the journalists should temper the comments made at these meetings.  I know that there were players drinking but it would be completely wrong to name them.  It would also be wrong for the next manager to not deal with the ill-discipline in the squad.  What went on at that meeting on Monday night and what was reported serves nobody in Laois Football or Hurling.  We need to sort our shit in house.

High Fielder

And how do you do that when there's a policy in Laois of see no evil hear no evil? Come on BA. It's time for everything to come out. There's context here. All year the CB have bemoaned the lack of support. Maybe those not attending knew high profile players were drinking and knew better than to waste their money. This is serious. It has implications on 130 euro ticket and lots more besides. f**k the CB if they think they're getting my money while some dirty little secret is being hidden.

BallyroanAbu

Look were not stupid on here most of us have a fair idea whose drinking, but naming them and publically shaming them is wrong.  I am not saying don't deal with it but naming them in public is wrong. 

High Fielder

I have no idea who they are. I will suspend all contributions to Laois GAA until I do. What did you do with the information BA? Nothing also?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Saint on July 19, 2017, 10:39:15 AM
Jesus lads not a hope anyone on an anonymous forum should be publicly naming an amateur sportsman for anything. Or.....put your own name beside the players name if you really feel the need.

Agreed 100%. I don't know who they are, but I'm sure if I really wanted to find out, I could. Here is not the place for naming anybody.
Whoever the next manager is will know this happened. No doubt he will be able to find out who was involved. It is his decision whether these players are given another chance or not.
Lots of players up and down the country have pricked around at various stages of their career and came back from it.
Dealing with something like this in-house is nothing to be ashamed of.
Sometimes the sense of entitlement among GAA supporters amazes me.
The players will be given another chance or discarded. Either way there are consequences. A decent management set up will see to that.

Also suggesting that a supporter approaches players socially and castigates them for drinking or behaving in an improper manner is absolutely crazy.

Quote from: High Fielder on July 19, 2017, 11:20:46 AM
I have no idea who they are. I will suspend all contributions to Laois GAA until I do. What did you do with the information BA? Nothing also?

You would really want to get a grip. What are you going to do with the information?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......