Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unison

Good to see Laois's performance this year discussed at a CB meeting last night. Doesn't sound like Creedon will be give a second year. Unfortunately, a discussion of the overall state of the GAA in the county wasn't on the agenda. Pity!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Well, at least it's a start. Once the ball is rolling the Co Board will have to be seen to be doing something about the unrest in the county. Good to see the likes of Mick Lawlor getting involved..

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/18/former-laois-great-says-re-appointing-creedon-suicidal/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison

Yes, I agree, it was good to see Mick Lawlor involved (and Eamon Delaney of Stradbally). I wonder would Mick Lawlor be interested in the position of Chairman? He could be a good one. He would have the interests of the county at heart anyway.

SCFC

Quote from: Unison on July 18, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
Yes, I agree, it was good to see Mick Lawlor involved (and Eamon Delaney of Stradbally). I wonder would Mick Lawlor be interested in the position of Chairman? He could be a good one. He would have the interests of the county at heart anyway.
are you suggesting the current boss doesn't?  :)

Unison

Quote from: SCFC on July 18, 2017, 11:20:02 AM
Quote from: Unison on July 18, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
are you suggesting the current boss doesn't?  :)

Never.

But his record does not stand up to scrutiny. IMO, his comment a few years ago that he was going to take Laois to the next level is a damning indictment.

BallyroanAbu

CB most definitely angling to give Creedon a second year, the fact he has not been let go would lead me to believe that.   Delegates meeting last night like always is a talking shop.  Executive makes decisions simple as and I think they want to see how much opposition to Creedon before trying to appoint him for 2nd year.  checking levels of hostility with clubs unless something excessive, Creedon will get another year.  No matter how wrong that is.

Unison

I think Mick Lawlor's comment about his re-appointment setting Laois football back 5-6 years will make it difficult for them to give Creedon a second year.

Whatever about poor coaching, the player's lack of fitness, admitted by Creedon, is inexcusable.

BallyroanAbu

Chairman is finished this year, his son is on the management team.  I think he is lining up to push Creedon through no matter what.  My guess they let the clubs vent and do nothing for a while before shoving it through in September October.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 18, 2017, 12:50:28 PM
CB most definitely angling to give Creedon a second year, the fact he has not been let go would lead me to believe that.   Delegates meeting last night like always is a talking shop.  Executive makes decisions simple as and I think they want to see how much opposition to Creedon before trying to appoint him for 2nd year.  checking levels of hostility with clubs unless something excessive, Creedon will get another year.  No matter how wrong that is.

He has been let go,but the CB are angling to give another year.

"St Joseph's delegate Michael Moore then initially proposed that Creedon be removed from the role, but when it was pointed out that he was only appointed on a one-year term, and was not technically currently in the role, he then proposed that his term not be renewed."

town1980

Was it not stated at that meeting about lads out drinking etc,, I stated this a long time ago Tony and a few other eejits said I was off my head and now it's put out there at that county board meeting,,, creedon needs to go and fast I agree with Brian Abu Gerry kavanagh wants Garry in there he will wait to the bitter end to make this decision, he leaves us with no legacy during his term in fact he has been our worst leader to date

town1980

And this comment i stated weeks ago has made the independent lads oh but no little town1980 is a fool sure

Keyser Söze

Mick Lawlor is being eulogised for saying what Town1980 was ridiculed for saying.

No offence to Lawlor, and I agree with him, but those trotting out every excuse under the sun to shift blame from Creedon & Co have gone awful quiet.
He failed, badly. He may not be as bad as he appeared here, but the level of failure he achieved can't be rewarded with a second chance.
Poor fitness, poor discipline and an inability to beat some of the poorest teams in the country. Not good enough. Thanks and we'll take a different direction.

That old saying about the definition of insanity comes to mind......
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unison

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 18, 2017, 11:05:45 PM
Mick Lawlor is being eulogised for saying what Town1980 was ridiculed for saying.

No offence to Lawlor, and I agree with him, but those trotting out every excuse under the sun to shift blame from Creedon & Co have gone awful quiet.
He failed, badly. He may not be as bad as he appeared here, but the level of failure he achieved can't be rewarded with a second chance.
Poor fitness, poor discipline and an inability to beat some of the poorest teams in the country. Not good enough. Thanks and we'll take a different direction.

That old saying about the definition of insanity comes to mind......

He could not possibly be re-appointed.

Surely?

ILikeStrawberryJam

Theres a bit of a difference saying lads were out drinking some random night and specifically stating 4 members of the first team were on the lash  a few nights before a match.

Creedons tenure is untenable now but the players have a lot to answer for too.
Being half committed at inter county nowadays wont cut it and youll be found out...
The platers are equally culpable.why bother at all if you're only half assed.

A clear out is needed from the top down.
Only lads willing to give it 100% need apply ..
Good to hear club delegates speak with passion. Gives you a bit of hope.
U17 performance too a bit heartening ..

Keyser Söze

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on July 18, 2017, 11:41:36 PM
Theres a bit of a difference saying lads were out drinking some random night and specifically stating 4 members of the first team were on the lash  a few nights before a match.

There is a difference.
Get specific on a board like this and you will be called a coward because it's anonymous. I don't see how he could have justified giving any more detail on here.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......