Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Kildare will likely outnumber us 3or4to 1.. Where did all those people from 2003to2006 go?! Looking back at footage, we must have had 25000 in croke pk sometimes. As a laois player said recently "we have to give them a reason to come out to support us."
It does make a difference to have a good support, especially when a match is tight. Heads can drop that bit more when you hear the opposition crowd roar. Anyway, hopefully the true laois fans will go and support these lads that give their all for the laois jersey. There's nothing that compares to being at a inter county championship local derby match, especially if it's going your team's way . Up laois

Unlaoised

Thats just it i remember few years back beating Meath over there the buzz after it was incredible
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

As the saying goes, "You Can't Beat Being There"
I'll be there but I can't see us having big support in Tullamore if we can't get them to go to O'Moore Park... ??

Kildare team to play Laois

1. M Donnellan.

2.M O'Grady. 3.D Hyland. 4.O Lyons.

5.J Byrne. 6.E Doyle. 7.K Cribbin.

8.K Feely. 9.T Moolick.

10.F.Conway. 11.N.Kelly. 12.P Cribbin.

13.D Slattery. 14.D Flynn. 15.C McNally.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Joeythelips

Half time, listening to it on midlands 103. Sounds pretty one sided and might be a repeat of the 2009 game when they went into showboating mode as they hammered Laois.

Andy06

At a stag do so missing this game, 1-2 where the 2 points appear to be from frees is abysmal. Is there any game plan at all or are they all just going through the motions?

mup

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 01, 2017, 11:42:20 AM
The Laois players are playing this down nicely all the talk is about Kildare!

An ex Kildare county player of just a few years ago is quoted as saying"Loosing to this Laois team which is the worst in decades would be as bad as loosing to Wicklow in 2008 it can't be allowed to happen"

GET STUCK INTO THESE COCKY FLOURBAGS

Not cocky. Just better. Much better.

SCFC

Quote from: mup on June 04, 2017, 04:40:25 PM

An ex Kildare county player of just a few years ago is quoted as saying"Loosing to this Laois team which is the worst in decades would be as bad as loosing to Wicklow in 2008 it can't be allowed to happen"

Being cocky and better aren't mutually exclusive and by Jaysus Kildare are both.

Andy06

Yep, completely cocky

Quote from: mup on June 04, 2017, 04:40:25 PM

Helmut

Well that was painful.

A world of difference between the two teams in systems played, fitness, workrate and attitude.

Helix

Christ that was horrendous in Tullamore. Men against boys. No plan whatsoever just launch into Donie and hope for best. Hard to know where we go from here.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

smcder

Hard to watch. kildare looked miles ahead of us. Thought we were doing ok against the wind till around the 20th minute, Kildare were kicking wides and we were hanging in. Then our energy dropped, Kildare's forwards were getting shots with no pressure and knocking them over and ended up 7 points up at half time.

Second half, with the wind and we looked bet from the start of it. Shocking.

ILikeStrawberryJam

I suppose the hidings they have been given us at underage are now happening at senior.

They were so much physically stronger than us. Stripping the ball from us at will.
They seemed to have pace all over the field .
They played like a team.
We played like individuals AGAIN.

I know playing wise we're limited but this was a dreadful mgmt performance. They waltzed the the middle and popped over points from the 40 aided by the wind. Mgmt bring on Doran???? He got turned over the first 3 times he got the ball. Surely Dillon could have been brought on .. a bit of fooking pace ..
Actually got worse in 2nd half ..  continued with a sweeper .. hail Mary's into donie or Paul..

Only bit of crack all afternoon was Brody losing the ball.

Hard to know how good kildare are are but we made them look like world beaters..

Dark day for laois football .. hard to have any optimism for the future ..

town1980

I have been quiet for a reason on this but let's hear Tony defend that shambolic display

Junior Ex Laoistalk

There is no defending that display, one of the worse ever but real Laois supporters take no pleasure in saying that whereas you obviously do. Instead of waiting for Tony to defend it why not tell us what you would do to improve things apart from the soccer solution of sacking the manager.
What alarmed me about it was we looked so unfit and so headless with our deliveries in to the forward line. Kingston has gone back to his old ways of trying to do it all himself. He normally passes to Paul and when he went off he just took pot shots rather than give it to a teammate.
I just hope we don't get Carlow in the qualifiers...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

theoldvet

In the modern game today, you need  POWER, PACE & PHYSICALITY,

but after today's game we have none of these!!