Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Looking forward to Sunday. Hopefully we can start well and rattle them. Think Kildare will have a bit too much for us, but then again you just never know with either team. Our players down the middle I feel are as good if not better then theirs and hopefully with big preformances out of the likes of J.O.L, Donie, Begley and Quigley we will be happy leaving Tullamore Sunday evening.

Laois Abú!!
To be tough enough to win, you must first be tough enough to lose.

Unlaoised

The Laois players are playing this down nicely all the talk is about Kildare!

An ex Kildare county player of just a few years ago is quoted as saying"Loosing to this Laois team which is the worst in decades would be as bad as loosing to Wicklow in 2008 it can't be allowed to happen"

GET STUCK INTO THESE COCKY FLOURBAGS
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 01, 2017, 11:42:20 AM
The Laois players are playing this down nicely all the talk is about Kildare!

An ex Kildare county player of just a few years ago is quoted as saying"Loosing to this Laois team which is the worst in decades would be as bad as loosing to Wicklow in 2008 it can't be allowed to happen"

GET STUCK INTO THESE COCKY FLOURBAGS
Are we gonna arrange a mill up somewhere on Sunday?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Relax lads and try this quiz, I was amazed at how bad my scores were, must be getting old....   :'( :'(

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/06/01/test-memory-laois-kildare-football-quiz/

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Explainer: how the first round of SFC Qualifiers is shaping up
29 May 2017

The All-Ireland football qualifiers are just over two weeks away and we look at how the first round draw will pan out.

The provincial championship draws are arranged on an 'A' and 'B' side to try and ensure beaten counties get two weeks before having to play a qualifier game.
The round 1A qualifiers take place on Saturday 17 June with the 1B side game a week later on 24 June. Both round 1A and 1B involve counties that didn't make it to their provincial semi-finals.

'A' side:      Wicklow, Longford, loser Kildare v Laois, loser Meath v Louth, Waterford, Antrim, Derry, Sligo.

'B' side:      Wexford, loser Carlow v Dublin, loser Offaly v Westmeath, Limerick, Fermanagh, loser Down v Armagh, loser Cavan v Monaghan, London.

An open draw will take place between the eight teams on the 'A' side and repeat pairings of games from the provincial championship are allowed. The same occurs on the 'B' side.
The winners of the round 1A and 1B games play the beaten provincial semi-finalists. Teams that progressed to a provincial semi-final by beating a team on the 'A' side remain on the 'A' side if they enter the Qualifiers.

ILikeStrawberryJam

***2105 TEAM and SUBS v Kildare***
Laois: G Brody; S Attride, M Timmons, C Begley; R Kehoe, D Strong (0-02), D O'Connor; B Quigley, J O'Loughlin (0-02); N Donoher, C Boyle, E O'Carroll; R Munnelly (0-03, 0-03f), D Kingston (0-08, 0-05f), T Shiel (0-01, 0-01f).
Subs: C Meredith for Shiel (51 mins), B Sheehan for Meredith (64), P Kingston for O'Carroll (67) 

***2107 TEAM and SUBS v Longford***
Laois: G Brody; D Strong (0-1), D Booth, D O'Connor; E Buggie (0-1), S Attride, P McMahon (0-1); B Quigley (0-1), C Begley (0-1); A Farrell (1-0), J O'Loughlin (0-3), N Donoher (0-1); E O'Carroll (0-1), D Kingston (1-4, 0-3 frees), P Kingston (2-1).
Subs: J Kelly for O'Connor (32), G Dillon for Attride (58), J Finn for D Kingston (68), R Munnelly for O'Carroll (70), K Meaney for Donoher (70+3), S Moore for O'Loughlin (70+3).

5 changes from starting line up .. dont think either team is stronger really .. timmons is the huge loss. The 2015 team drew then got well beaten ..

I think Kildare at -2 is a great bet if i look at it coldly, i expect a 5/6 point win for Kildare.
Hope attride is fit .. Dont know who will mark Niall Kelly .. Booth wouldnt have the pace .. maybe mcmahon?
WE have a chance but defensively its just hard to see us keeping it tight enough 

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on June 01, 2017, 06:52:05 PM
***2105 TEAM and SUBS v Kildare***

***2107 TEAM and SUBS v Longford***

You can tell the future???

Unlaoised

Team prediction

Brody
Strong
Booth
McMahon
Attride
Begley
Buggie
Meaney
Quigley
O'Carroll
Conway
Donoher
Kingston
Kingston D
O'Loughlin

LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

I hope for

Brody
Attride
McMahon
Kelly
Strong
Begley
Buggie
Quigley
O'Loughlin
Farrell
Conway
Donoher
Kingston
Kingston d
O'Carroll

We need pace in the full back line

If stephen doesn't make it then O'Connor

Hope Strong goes back out to his usual position he has done well against Kildare even in defeat in recent years!

Meaney finn Dillion are all close to my team aswell...If lillis is anyway in shape id find a place for him at number 6 and put Begley left half back!
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

McMahon at FB Unlaoised? I presume you meant Booth. I wonder what's going on with Conway, didn't feature against Longford even though he was excellent in the League. We'll soon find out. It'll be interesting to see the team and if Timmons is named on the bench perhaps. I think we have more than enough options up front but we're really tight for depth at the back, especially if Stephen and Mark are not around. I hear what you're saying about Lillis but in my opinion he doesn't have the pace for CB and I wouldn't put him there in the deep end. Maybe off the bench if required.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois name team for Leinster SFC clash with Kildare

Tony

I can't really argue with that team : few positional changes expected. Great to have Attride named. That FF line can do damage, especially if Paul and Evan are on form as Donie will be targeted. Still a couple of weak spots on the team. I'd have Dillon in there, for example. Anyways, about as strong as we have atm. Not expecting a win but hopefully we'll travel in numbers. I'll certainly be there, let's hope for a good day in O'Connor Pk.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Good enough team, depends how good Kildare are. We need to stay in touch for as long as we can and keep everyone on the field. Where would we find the full panel for the game?

ILikeStrawberryJam

Conway has to be injured Tony, he was excellent in the league. No other logical explanation.

Its not a bad laois team but booth lack of pace is a huge worry and will be targeted. Kelly to start FF.

If we can keep it tight in the first half and dont concede any stupid goals we have a chance.

A wet pitch could add to the mix.

Hoping for a decent vocal laois support .. it makes a difference ..