Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: town1980 on May 01, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
Champo Looming  and most of the panel clearly enjoying themselves at the weekend,,, great preparation ,,,, the whole lot is a joke

Tell on.....and if possible stick to English not txt speek

Don Draper

Champo Looming  and most of the panel clearly enjoying themselves at the weekend,,, great preparation ,,,, the whole lot is a joke
Champo? Who the f**k calls it Champo this side of Newlands Cross? Have a look at yourself there.

ollie12

Most of the panel clearly enjoying themselves......who was enjoying themselves? Did you see these lads out enjoying themselves over the weekend?

SCFC

Stop throwing up unsubstantiated rubbish please.
Unless you saw at least 16 lads out "enjoying themselves" which I doubt.
Anyway, define "enjoying themselves"? Out for a bite with the missus? A walk in Heywood Gardens? 20 pints with the lads? You're very vague there.

Laois fan

Hate these stupid gossip tales,its still three weeks from match and lads are entitled to a private life which is none of our business,they all have partners etc who hardly want to stay housed all bank holiday wend

Don Draper

Quote from: Laois fan on May 02, 2017, 08:31:12 AM
Hate these stupid gossip tales,its still three weeks from match and lads are entitled to a private life which is none of our business,they all have partners etc who hardly want to stay housed all bank holiday wend
He's got an agenda to pursue, dont think he'll stop at anything to pursue it either.

ollie12

He won't give an answer either and if he does it won't be a clear answer of what he saw or thinks he saw.

ILikeStrawberryJam

They are allowed out for a few drinks ffs.. its 3 weeks til the championship
We do not own these players
They are amatuers
Is there any wonder why so many wont commit

Catch and Kick

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on May 02, 2017, 10:21:07 AM
They are allowed out for a few drinks ffs.. its 3 weeks til the championship
We do not own these players
They are amatuers
Is there any wonder why so many wont commit

Well said. Anyone playing for their county should be applauded, encouraged and appreciated. Too easy to come on a forum, anonymously, and cast aspersions on their character, their commitment, their ability. One sure thing these critics wouldn't lace their boots and wouldn't last long of they had to read such tripe

town1980

I can't believe what some off yee are saying,, get your head out of the sand,,, are any top team doing the kinda stuff our lads are at?? I'm not going to mention names but intercounty automatically means no drink creedon  has a beer ban in the last 3 weeks and some of yee eejits,,, think awe hey a few pints is ok????they have went against managements wishes so yes it's all feked up,,, so before yee slate me get out of yere  homes and witness the lack of manners and commitment in there at the minute ,,, advocating drinking this is the best I have ever heard,,, there is a difference to playing for Laois and been totally committed to the cause off the field that good fellas is our big problem,,, we are a club team at the minute fact

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on May 02, 2017, 10:40:22 PM
I can't believe what some off yee are saying,, get your head out of the sand,,, are any top team doing the kinda stuff our lads are at?? I'm not going to mention names but intercounty automatically means no drink creedon  has a beer ban in the last 3 weeks and some of yee eejits,,, think awe hey a few pints is ok????they have went against managements wishes so yes it's all feked up,,, so before yee slate me get out of yere  homes and witness the lack of manners and commitment in there at the minute ,,, advocating drinking this is the best I have ever heard,,, there is a difference to playing for Laois and been totally committed to the cause off the field that good fellas is our big problem,,, we are a club team at the minute fact
I've come to the conclusion that you're a very nasty individual

Tony

Isn't town1980 the same lad who said he saw Billy sheehan drunk a few years ago when he doesn't even drink at all? I'd take what he says as complete nonsense to be honest and the lads are entitled to go out. Were u inspecting their drinks?if I go out I can have a whole lot of drinks but u wouldn't know if they were alcoholic unless you came up and smelled me and the drink. Were u smelling players again now town1980. On a side note, whoever thought him to punctuate with ,,,. Needs to be shot at dawn. Jesus wept and wept.

Butch Cassidy

Why are we in the GAA obsessed with drink bans? Rooney was out drinking a week before a premier league game at the weekend and scored. Rugby players have drinks after games. What you eat is way more important than a few drinks.

Why do we have to go months without a drink at county and club level when we are the 'amateur' players?

Nameless

Wasn't this Town1980 fella the same lad that would continually suggest Lillis/Kavanagh for the Laois job on the Laoistalk forum? Well Lillis eventually did get the job. Turned out well!

BallyroanAbu

Don't know if anyone has been drinking or not drinking this weekend.  However I think that it is an honor to play for your county that a few not all in this county take for granted.  I personally think that some players with Laois are happy to wear the county jersey but are not all that bothered about the commitment to that jersey.  Also the same people on here who are defending Creedon will now here nothing against any player on the Laois panel.  Well there is a personal responsibility on players to behave and act in a way that befits there standing within our communities.  These chaps are wrongly or rightly looked up to by young people throughout the county.