Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 16, 2017, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 16, 2017, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on April 16, 2017, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on April 16, 2017, 02:12:37 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on April 13, 2017, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: Behindthefence on April 13, 2017, 12:26:22 AM
S & C expert C O' N as you put it Don had a very bad car accident a few years ago and had two discs removed from his back. I would imagine that would impact on his ability to exercise
Personally i wouldnt have bothered giving the question/remark an answer.

I think it was required. Don had a fit a few weeks ago, when someone mistyped "artistic" as "austistic".

Yet, he seems happy enough to throw jibes at others, when he feels like it.
Spot on....attention seeking elf comes to mind
You've really hurt my feelings there. You cut me real deep Shrek.
Your welcome Thelonious .
"Don't blame me" is a great track. RIP Monk.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Don Draper on April 16, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
S & C expert C O' N as you put it Don had a very bad car accident a few years ago and had two discs removed from his back. I would imagine that would impact on his ability to exercise

I think it was required. Don had a fit a few weeks ago, when someone mistyped "artistic" as "austistic".

Odd use of the phrase fit and autistic in that context. It was a valid query given the use of the term autistic at the time in question. The OP had no issue with explaining himself in due course.

You're reading things into posts that aren't there Donny boy.

Anyway, my post was clearly directed at your hypocrisy and not the other poster's apology, which you seem to think vindicates your original objection. However, it's your subsequent post, sneering at someone's weight, that de-bases your level of butt-hurt at the 'autistic' typo.

I, myself, will reserve the right to call anyone autistic, artistic, hypocritical or whatever. If you don't like one area of society referenced in a post, don't single anyone else out for cheap laughs in your own.

Unlaoised

Back to topic in hand ...

Laois played a v b game at the weekend anyone here how players went
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on April 17, 2017, 04:49:41 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 16, 2017, 03:04:55 PM

Odd use of the phrase fit and autistic in that context. It was a valid query given the use of the term autistic at the time in question. The OP had no issue with explaining himself in due course.

You're reading things into posts that aren't there Donny boy.

Anyway, my post was clearly directed at your hypocrisy and not the other poster's apology, which you seem to think vindicates your original objection. However, it's your subsequent post, sneering at someone's weight, that de-bases your level of butt-hurt at the 'autistic' typo.

I, myself, will reserve the right to call anyone autistic, artistic, hypocritical or whatever. If you don't like one area of society referenced in a post, don't single anyone else out for cheap laughs in your own.
I find it disconcerting that you would see it to be ok to use Autistic as a term of abuse or amusement at such, but hey, its the internet, knock yourself out.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 17, 2017, 07:42:48 PM
Back to topic in hand ...

Laois played a v b game at the weekend anyone here how players went
All things considered, the fact that we have a B team is positive news at least.

Tony

Quote from: Don Draper on April 10, 2017, 10:43:58 AM
Any thoughts on why S&C expert CO'N is so heavy? Seems odd to me.
Are you seriously not going to apologise for that? Where's Ed when you need him. Disgraceful stuff about a well liked and respected gent.

In relation to Laois, bumped into a panel member over Easter. Things positive in the camp all things considered but still a lot of injuries not cleared up. Apparently VERY heavy going also. Looking back at games in the McNulty era, or even MO'D / Kearns era, we looked in far better condition and fitter compared to last few seasons. We're out of shape this season also, I doubt a heavy April is going to get us up to required speed in May but here we are. Season looks a write off but hoping for the minor chance that we can do something half decent in Summer. Apparently also Timmons has been doing other forms of training for last 2 months to keep up his cardio fitness / strength conditioning so he's likely not too far off the pace, just not at all match fit. He'll get some game time in challenge matches before Longford. We'll need him.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Tony on April 18, 2017, 04:08:27 PM
Are you seriously not going to apologise for that? Where's Ed when you need him. Disgraceful stuff about a well liked and respected gent.

In relation to Laois, bumped into a panel member over Easter. Things positive in the camp all things considered but still a lot of injuries not cleared up. Apparently VERY heavy going also. Looking back at games in the McNulty era, or even MO'D / Kearns era, we looked in far better condition and fitter compared to last few seasons. We're out of shape this season also, I doubt a heavy April is going to get us up to required speed in May but here we are. Season looks a write off but hoping for the minor chance that we can do something half decent in Summer. Apparently also Timmons has been doing other forms of training for last 2 months to keep up his cardio fitness / strength conditioning so he's likely not too far off the pace, just not at all match fit. He'll get some game time in challenge matches before Longford. We'll need him.

I wonder are they working on defending and tackling!

No amount of heavy work is going to put pace into the team.

Don Draper

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 18, 2017, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 18, 2017, 04:08:27 PM

I wonder are they working on defending and tackling!

No amount of heavy work is going to put pace into the team.
Fitness work sadly lacking, 2 years in a row written off. Talk of needing Timmons, Mark is a great servant, but by the sounds of it Tommy Murphy will be needed at this rate.

Clubber Lang

I was hoping that some of Laois' poor league performances were down to them being heavy-legged due to putting in serious training sessions between league games but that it would ultimately pay off come the Summer. Sadly that's not the case and it's worrying to hear that they only stepping up training now. It might pay dividends but it feels like a last roll of the dice from the management in the hope that something positive will come of it.

Great to have a player of Timmons caliber back playing. One of few true leaders that we have. Realistically, he's not going to be 100% by the Summer but even at 80% would be well worth his place. I think management need to work on tweeking the zonal approach to defending that Laois teams seem to have adopted the last number of years-players happy enough to 'be in their zone' rather than fighting tooth and nail to win the ball ahead of their opponent and making life as difficult as possible for their direct opponent. I'd be happy if our backs put 100% concentration into defending/winning ball as opposed to making runs up the field and constantly looking to get on ball and provide a score. Too often when attacks break down (which they often do) we are left totally exposed on the counter attack and provide our opposition with too much space and room to run in to. We have a talented full-forward line in Kingston, O'Carroll and Walsh. Let's get the ball in to them quick and early and see what they can produce rather than having our half-backs/midfield carrying the ball up the field and allowing the opposition funnel back players who ultimately crowd out and break down our attacks. Kerry provided a blue print against Dublin of what can be achieved by moving ball quickly into your chief score getters.         

OTF

Quote from: Clubber Lang on April 18, 2017, 07:11:28 PM
I was hoping that some of Laois' poor league performances were down to them being heavy-legged due to putting in serious training sessions between league games but that it would ultimately pay off come the Summer. Sadly that's not the case and it's worrying to hear that they only stepping up training now. It might pay dividends but it feels like a last roll of the dice from the management in the hope that something positive will come of it.

Great to have a player of Timmons caliber back playing. One of few true leaders that we have. Realistically, he's not going to be 100% by the Summer but even at 80% would be well worth his place. I think management need to work on tweeking the zonal approach to defending that Laois teams seem to have adopted the last number of years-players happy enough to 'be in their zone' rather than fighting tooth and nail to win the ball ahead of their opponent and making life as difficult as possible for their direct opponent. I'd be happy if our backs put 100% concentration into defending/winning ball as opposed to making runs up the field and constantly looking to get on ball and provide a score. Too often when attacks break down (which they often do) we are left totally exposed on the counter attack and provide our opposition with too much space and room to run in to. We have a talented full-forward line in Kingston, O'Carroll and Walsh. Let's get the ball in to them quick and early and see what they can produce rather than having our half-backs/midfield carrying the ball up the field and allowing the opposition funnel back players who ultimately crowd out and break down our attacks. Kerry provided a blue print against Dublin of what can be achieved by moving ball quickly into your chief score getters.         

It's Laois we're taking about here, we don't do defending, we love our wing backs to bomb forward.
This defending thing is for much lesser counties, you do realise a manager was hauled before an EGM not so long ago for attempting such heresy.
Seriously we had some notions back then" bullocks notions" perhaps but non the less we had notions.
What's real is we don't do defending that's now part of our culture.

Unison

How can a well paid team manager, justify only now getting his team fit? What was he doing all winter? What is he being paid for?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Unison on April 19, 2017, 10:18:08 AM
How can a well paid team manager, justify only now getting his team fit? What was he doing all winter? What is he being paid for?

Working on discipline  :D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

It takes more than a few months to get proper fit, you absolute donkeys.

:)

Creedon was dealt a very poor hand, not sure why you can't see that. He doesn't have a magic wand - our players have been out of shape / not fit enough since we kicked Justin McNulty out. You can't get back to that shape in a few months.

town1980

Not a happy camp in there at the minute,,,,our players are treating it like a club team and have been all year

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2017, 06:00:08 PM
It takes more than a few months to get proper fit, you absolute donkeys.

What are you basing this on?
The more you post here the more obvious it is that you know absolutely NOTHING about team preparation, management responsibilities, management function and a whole host of other things that are intrinsic to preparation and performance.

Laois are training since last November (I assume?).
You have seen more of Laois than I have this year. It is who claim they are not fit enough. What excuse is there for this? His own backroom team, county board support and the new pitches beside O' Moore Park.

Watch the "donkey" talk. You don't seem particularly knowledgeable in the area you are trying to hold court in.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......