Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2017, 12:29:45 PM
once they widen the road to Toome it will be easier to get to than Casement

Easily got to now - Very few matches played at 8am or 5pm in Toome

paddyjohn

No shocks at all in any of the league games over the weekend.

I see Curly McIlwaine has started a new website covering Antrim GAA, looks to be a good job.

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 29, 2017, 11:36:37 AM

I see Curly McIlwaine has started a new website covering Antrim GAA, looks to be a good job.
link?

MoChara

Quote from: ned on May 29, 2017, 03:37:18 PM

link?

https://thesaffrongael.com/

paddyjohn

link?

Sorry ned, thought I stuck it in..

Gold

Quote from: MoChara on May 29, 2017, 03:39:29 PM

link?

https://thesaffrongael.com/

That is absolutely fantastic

The Co Antrim Post was fantastic and is a huge miss for local gaa coverage

Good luck with this Curly.

Love seeing pictures of boys like Charlie Devlin coming on for Creggan in Div 1 aged 35 or more. Some servants throughout our county

Some of those st pauls men must be near if not already aged 40 and still playing div 1
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 29, 2017, 04:06:24 PM

link?

Think Gall's winning at Creggan was a bit of a shock PJ.....and Curly's venture looks a hit👍

Saffrongael

Yeah good luck to Curly but seems to be the way that everyone setting something up now has the hand out in the way of crowd funding, does nobody paddle their own canoe anymore ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

paddyjohn

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 29, 2017, 09:25:25 PM
Yeah good luck to Curly but seems to be the way that everyone setting something up now has the hand out in the way of crowd funding, does nobody paddle their own canoe anymore ?

I wouldn't mind paying a subscription for it. Sure you'd paid £6 per week for local papers for purely GAA coverage when you bought the CAP, Chronicle and Irish news.

bannside

Brilliant initiative Curly. This deserves to be well supported and at the very least provide Curly with a regular steady income.

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 29, 2017, 04:06:24 PM

link?

No worries. Thanks Mochara.

Dreen

Good luck to Curly and Paddy on this, it definitely needs supported by us all.

Just look at the first few days already and how the coverage is even better than it was in the local papers.

Hectic

Great win for Aghagallon yesterday and have certainly hit the ground running in Div 1 and will only continue to improve with this young team when they get a year in the division.  Nice to see St Johns sitting top, had a lot of very good young players over the last few years and always the worry that it can stop there. 

In div 2 Ballymena are making heavy work of getting straight back up - always a very competitive league and few games can be taken for granted apart from Antrim and Ardoyne of course who are struggling like many thought they would.  Also Rasharkin seem to have carried the momentum from the end of last season through into this campaign and are answering doubts I had about them though came heavily unstuck yesterday.  Dunloy though not kicking on as I had hoped they might.

As for div 3 - what is going on with Glenravel - a lot of weeks ago looked like they were going to storm it - heavy defeat to OD's yesterday after having taken a big loss at home to Sarsfields means OD's now breathing down their necks and with momentum shift could find themselves in the unthinkable position of staying in Div 3 another year - and a weak Div 3 compared to previous years at that.  Surely Sarsfields are nearly home and hosed now?

ned

Quote from: Hectic on June 05, 2017, 09:15:10 AM
Great win for Aghagallon yesterday and have certainly hit the ground running in Div 1 and will only continue to improve with this young team when they get a year in the division.  Nice to see St Johns sitting top, had a lot of very good young players over the last few years and always the worry that it can stop there. 

In div 2 Ballymena are making heavy work of getting straight back up - always a very competitive league and few games can be taken for granted apart from Antrim and Ardoyne of course who are struggling like many thought they would.  Also Rasharkin seem to have carried the momentum from the end of last season through into this campaign and are answering doubts I had about them though came heavily unstuck yesterday.  Dunloy though not kicking on as I had hoped they might.

As for div 3 - what is going on with Glenravel - a lot of weeks ago looked like they were going to storm it - heavy defeat to OD's yesterday after having taken a big loss at home to Sarsfields means OD's now breathing down their necks and with momentum shift could find themselves in the unthinkable position of staying in Div 3 another year - and a weak Div 3 compared to previous years at that.  Surely Sarsfields are nearly home and hosed now?

Can't really add anything to this but thanks for the summary. Invaluable to exiles like me. 🇮🇪👍

Dreen

Bad day at the office for our men yesterday, although id have to say the end margin wasn't a true reflection on the game.

Brigid's however good value for the win and fully deserved.

Division 2 hugely competitive and it will interesting to see who makes their way to Division 1