Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

So what have we got in place at this stage.

Div 1.
Barry Dillon Portglenone
Sean Burns St Galls
Gerard Mc Nulty Creggan
Hugh Mc Gettigan Rossa
Damien Cassidy Cargin

Anyone able to stretch this out a bit further?

delgany

Quote from: bannside on December 02, 2020, 08:48:32 PM

Div 1.
Barry Dillon Portglenone
Sean Burns St Galls
Gerard Mc Nulty Creggan
Damien Cassidy Cargin

Thought Paddy Murray was in at St.Galls ?

Cranfield

Hearing there are lots of new and old cargin and Creggan faces on the county panel.
50 odd on the panel and going 3 nites a week  from now to Christmas. 
Be interesting to see who makes the cut

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Peter john on December 02, 2020, 06:53:47 PM
Hearing K Murray LD with some fella Hogan from pg1,and Lenny in for st endas job,with Seanie Burns at galls
biG chequebook in Ggormley then and bilingual no doubt !

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on December 02, 2020, 08:48:32 PM

Div 1.
Barry Dillon Portglenone
Sean Burns St Galls
Gerard Mc Nulty Creggan
Hugh Mc Gettigan Rossa
Damien Cassidy Cargin

I heard Joe Brolly was taking St Brigids seniors, not sure if true. I also thought Paddy Murray was at St Galls for a more long term project and would be surprised if he wasn't there again this year. Again could be wrong.

bannside

Just managed to see Brendan Crossans excellent tribute in todays Irish News about our outgoing PRO Sean Kelly. Well worth a read....says it all really. What an operator Sean was for Antrim Gaa!! I dont think we will ever see his like again...unless he returns for another term sometime in the future.

To top it off I believe Sean Kelly and Glenravels Seamus Mc Mullan have been returned as Antrim delegates to Ulster. That being the case congratulations to both. They will both be superb ambassadors for the Saffron County.

toby47

Good to hear Antrim have gathered another strong panel. I'm hearing 9 Creggan, 7 Cargin, and the older hans have committed again?

Belfast GAA man

9 from Creggan ... must be big panel ?

toby47

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 08, 2020, 05:47:01 PM

I heard in around the 50 mark at the minute. Obviously McGinley & co are only starting out so I'm guessing they have assembled a big panel and will cut it down as they see fit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on December 09, 2020, 10:51:30 AM

I heard in around the 50 mark at the minute. Obviously McGinley & co are only starting out so I'm guessing they have assembled a big panel and will cut it down as they see fit.

Are they not carrying out trials? Would this not be the reason for the high number?

No need to cut things down either at this stage I'd imagine... Plenty of the big counties have 'extras' to help with in house games and injuries.. Closing the panel only leads to disaster.. Keep the doors always open, players forms can change during the season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: toby47 on December 09, 2020, 10:51:30 AM

Are they not carrying out trials? Would this not be the reason for the high number?

No need to cut things down either at this stage I'd imagine... Plenty of the big counties have 'extras' to help with in house games and injuries.. Closing the panel only leads to disaster.. Keep the doors always open, players forms can change during the season

I'm not sure if they are 'trials' or not. I know they done fitness testing on Saturday past which would indicate its an extended panel rather than a trial.

No harm in carrying 50 men for a while (some will drop off, other can be told at a certain stage they aren't needed at the minute but can be brought back in if impressing on the club scene)

Belfast GAA man

Great for the counTy to win in Croke today - well Done. Wish there was B type championship for the footballers finished in Croke - some motivation to train
On a negative note whoever cut off the RTe coverage when the Antrim captain was startign his speech deserves a kicking and clearly doesnt understand GAA tradition >:(

Belfast GAA man

Is the new county management Team taking u20s to? see Micky Harte is in Louth and he knows a thing or 2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 17, 2020, 12:29:52 PM
Is the new county management Team taking u20s to? see Micky Harte is in Louth and he knows a thing or 2

You want the lads being paid twice?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 17, 2020, 12:29:52 PM

You want the lads being paid twice?
Just think it is smart and gives the u20s a Big lift