Is it ok to like.........?

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 26, 2010, 06:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Music by the Black Eyed Peas?

Some of the recent stuff is just stuck in my head and not that bad. But it is far removed from the music i generally listen too (plus i just hate the look of them). Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Or even is anyone embarrassed to say they like some group/singer etc. For instance who likes Celine Dion? I haven't met one person ever who likes her/her music...

ross4life

Music is like painting (both art forms)

you could like something for a while but it's only the classic stuff that live long in the memory,
for example Black Eyed Peas, Westlife, lady gaga & other pop music are nothing more than the flavor of the month stuff (nothing like the 80s pop)

& you can only really measure how good a song is with time, & if it still sounds as good as it did say.. 10 years ago then it's ok to like it!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ziggysego

I quite Take That's songs since they've reformed   :-[
Testing Accessibility

BallyhaiseMan

thebigfella

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 26, 2010, 11:59:02 AM
i like Lady gaga's music

As long as it's the music you like. I'm still convinced there is a little satchel tucked between those legs.

Olly

I keep humming the theme tune out of one of Heath Ledger's films. It's a catchy guitar song with no words.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 26, 2010, 06:24:18 AM

Some of the recent stuff is just stuck in my head and not that bad. But it is far removed from the music i generally listen too (plus i just hate the look of them). Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Or even is anyone embarrassed to say they like some group/singer etc. For instance who likes Celine Dion? I haven't met one person ever who likes her/her music...

If you want to like it, go ahead and like it and to hell with anyone else. You don't need anyone's permission. There's a lot worse than the Black Eyed Peas out there.

ziggysego

Quote from: Olly on January 26, 2010, 02:02:36 PM
I keep humming the theme tune out of one of Heath Ledger's films. It's a catchy guitar song with no words.

Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings (I think)
Testing Accessibility

red hander

No... Their ad for Cola (dunno if it was coke or pepsi) was very annoying, and Fergie's turn at the dead sloane's tribute concert was pure embarrassment (and before anyone asks, no I didn't watch the concert on TV, seen a clip on the news)

ballinaman

Home and Away? Some of the birds are crackers.....

The Worker

ross4life

Quote from: ballinaman on January 26, 2010, 06:05:06 PM
Home and Away? Some of the birds are crackers.....

home & away hasn't been the same since Shannon Reed left  :(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

I went to see Celine Dion in Ceasars Palace in Vegas, the show was fantastic and the music was very good. She is a fine singer, although I wouldnt put her on the CD player.