web page problems....

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, October 11, 2009, 01:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Some soem reason the last two days i cannot open some websites. They just wont open properly. If i load a page it doesn't load fully but if i disconnect it appears. so on another messageboard i cannot get into the messageboard webpage until i disconnect from the net and then the page appears, i reconnect to the net then click on a thread i want to read and again i have to disconnect before it appears.

Anyone see this before. I also cannot download any anti-spyware etc. those pages don't load either.

Using Win xp and IE8. please someone help. need to watch Notts county on Sky on the net tonight.

cheers

PHP

Lecale2

I had a similar problem a year ago. The only sites that I could get straight into were secure sites like banks.

Try doing a system restore to a date before this problem developed. It's in accessories/system tools.

PadraicHenryPearse

i have no system restore points available. any other ideas?

thanks

PHP

Mhic Easmuint

You can't download any anti-spyware software?

PadraicHenryPearse

no, from reading some forums i appear to have a virus of some sort. I am not the best with computers so most of the information given to solve other peoples problems is beyond me.

I'll keep searching in the hope i find something. Anyone know if i can download anti-spyware sofware to a usb stick or the setup file and then run it from there save it to my c:

PHP

Mhic Easmuint

I could email you the installation file for malwarebytes.
You should hopefully be able to download it from the email and install it. 

PadraicHenryPearse

cheers i have sent you a personal message with my email even though i think you can see it in my profile anyway.

PHP

PadraicHenryPearse

no joy i am afraid. It doesn't appear i can download it.

PHP

Mhic Easmuint

Reboot in Safe mode and try it. 
Turn the computer off. when you turn it on again keep tapping the F8 key. 
You will get a menu with Advance Startup options.
Select Safe Mode with networking. 
See if you can download it from the internet then.

PadraicHenryPearse

no still the same problem.

PHP

Mhic Easmuint

Are you not able to load the page to download or is the download failing?

PadraicHenryPearse

its stuck at scanning for viruses when i try and download and if i right click and save target as it just opens the file download box but there is no information in it.

PHP

Mhic Easmuint

Can you download to another computer, save to usb and bring it across?

PadraicHenryPearse

i can but i need to go to an internet cafe. Thanks for your help so far. will let you know how it goes.

PHP