Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

The Iceman

What alternatives have you in place of Brady then Myles?

I think you'll find that a majority of the people left in the church who actually give a crap would be happy enough to see Brady go if there was somebody else to take his place.

You're great at calling on these boys to leave but none of you have any suggestions or solutions.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Iceman on April 05, 2010, 06:24:12 PM

I think you'll find that a majority of the people left in the church who actually give a crap would be happy enough to see Brady go if there was somebody else to take his place.

You're great at calling on these boys to leave but none of you have any suggestions or solutions.

The Irony Iceman. People who give a crap in the church would be happy to see Brady go but there is no one good enough to take his place?? Are you then suggesting that the other bishops in Ireland are actually worse than a guy that forces raped children to sign non disclosure agreements, a guy that the majority of people in the church want to see gone. I would have thought a guy like you would have a bit more time for at least some of the clergy in Ireland.

Well for what its worth Diarmuid Martin and Noel Treanor seem decent sorts to me and don't tippy toe around issues and seem to be somewhat in tune with what ordinary people think. But obviously you don't think they are up to the job - maybe they are too honest eh?

muppet

We are a pretty pathetic society when you think about it.

We have only one person on the island capable of being Minister for Health and only one cleric capable of doing Sean Brady's job.

These people are obviously national treasures, we are lucky to have them.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 06:54:03 PM

The Irony Iceman. People who give a crap in the church would be happy to see Brady go but there is no one good enough to take his place?? Are you then suggesting that the other bishops in Ireland are actually worse than a guy that forces raped children to sign non disclosure agreements, a guy that the majority of people in the church want to see gone. I would have thought a guy like you would have a bit more time for at least some of the clergy in Ireland.

Well for what its worth Diarmuid Martin and Noel Treanor seem decent sorts to me and don't tippy toe around issues and seem to be somewhat in tune with what ordinary people think. But obviously you don't think they are up to the job - maybe they are too honest eh?

Again Myles you need to stop putting words in peoples mouths.

You're a real twister.

I don't tip toe around issues either but it doesn't mean I should be instated as CEO of the company I work at.  Its based on abilities.  There is nobody out there at the moment that can do a better job than Brady.  Despite the mistakes he made 30 years ago he is the best in Ireland to lead the Church forward. 
So you either give a crap because you go to Mass and receive the sacraments and are genuinely concerned for your own spiritual direction or you just enjoy something to complain about and like to be miserable.  Either way make some suggestions or you can't be taken seriously if all you do is complain
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

pintsofguinness

QuoteThere is nobody out there at the moment that can do a better job than Brady.  Despite the mistakes he made 30 years ago he is the best in Ireland to lead the Church forward. 
the church is in a worst state than I thought if there is no one better than someone who protects paedos....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 05, 2010, 07:12:54 PM
QuoteThere is nobody out there at the moment that can do a better job than Brady.  Despite the mistakes he made 30 years ago he is the best in Ireland to lead the Church forward. 
the church is in a worst state than I thought if there is no one better than someone who protects paedos....

Is there any forgiveness Pints?
Or do we hold on to this forever or until you have something else to complain about?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Iceman on April 05, 2010, 07:14:20 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 05, 2010, 07:12:54 PM

Is there any forgiveness Pints?
Or do we hold on to this forever or until you have something else to complain about?
I can't forgive someone when I don't believe they're sorry.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Iceman on April 05, 2010, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 05, 2010, 06:54:03 PM

Again Myles you need to stop putting words in peoples mouths.

You're a real twister.

I don't tip toe around issues either but it doesn't mean I should be instated as CEO of the company I work at.  Its based on abilities.  There is nobody out there at the moment that can do a better job than Brady.  Despite the mistakes he made 30 years ago he is the best in Ireland to lead the Church forward. 
So you either give a crap because you go to Mass and receive the sacraments and are genuinely concerned for your own spiritual direction or you just enjoy something to complain about and like to be miserable.  Either way make some suggestions or you can't be taken seriously if all you do is complain

Did you read what I wrote?

I suggested 2 possible leaders of the church and that they did not tippy toe around issues like Brady (unless you are Brady your reply makes no sense)

So tell, me what incredible traits does the leader of the catholic church in Ireland require that it is so mpossible to find a suitable replacement that does not cover up for paedophilles?

saffron sam2

Why did Rowan Williams apologise? He spoke the truth.

Next time I see him dandering round Dromantine, I'll  ask him.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

mylestheslasher

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 05, 2010, 10:09:13 PM
Why did Rowan Williams apologise? He spoke the truth.

Next time I see him dandering round Dromantine, I'll  ask him.

I was reading in one of the papers today that he actually rang and said he regretted if his comments had caused any difficulties - maybe apology is the wrong word.

orangeman

If Brady is considered to be the best man to lead the Church after all of this, then God help us and God help the rest of the priests out there - they mustn't be up to much.

I seriously thought that the arrogance that he displayed throughout the various court cases and handlings would have diminished by this stage.

The period of reflection was useful.

What was he reflecting on ?. What advice did he take and from whom ?.

His mates ?

Hedley Lamarr

Ara Coeli, Cathedral Road, Armagh, BT61 7QY..............for those of you who feel you need to show support or disgust at Cardinal Brady and the Catholic church.

It's the big grey building between the Cathedral and St. Patrick's College/Grammar.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

The Iceman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 04, 2010, 10:40:24 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 04, 2010, 10:37:28 PM
Meanwhile, the Bishop of Down and Connor has called on Catholics to show support for the church by attending Mass.

Is this code for something ?.
I've lost patience with these idiots, I think we should all stop talking about it, the country as a whole I mean, and leave them, the paedos, their apologists and the brainwashed to it.

the country as a whole doesn't share your opinion Pints. And I'm certainly not brainwashed.  I don't agree with a lot of things but I still have faith in God.

I can imagine you have been leaving us to it for a while.  Good luck to you.
I'm sure you'll come running back when you need confirmation for a child, or a wedding or a funeral - always the way......

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
Meanwhile, the Bishop of Down and Connor has called on Catholics to show support for the church by attending Mass.

I've lost patience with these idiots, I think we should all stop talking about it, the country as a whole I mean, and leave them, the paedos, their apologists and the brainwashed to it.

the country as a whole doesn't share your opinion Pints. And I'm certainly not brainwashed.  I don't agree with a lot of things but I still have faith in God.

I'm sure you'll come running back when you need confirmation for a child, or a wedding or a funeral - always the way......

Your post was fine until the last line .

Society in Ireland pushes people into church weddings, school confirmations etc. Try marrying a non-catholic and see how understanding your church is.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2010, 02:28:28 PM

[/b][/size]

What's that supposed to mean ?.

Children get confirmed - that's one of the sacraments - Cardinal Brady was asked not officiate in one parish recently by the way. There must be something badly wrong with all those parents who made that request.

People get married - another sacrament. They could go to the registry office.

They end up getting buried and have a funeral mass - they could go to a council plot.

What about it ? Are you advocating cathoilcs who aren't happy with the way things are in the church right now, should not participate. Or would you rather they just shut up and put up ?.