Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on February 28, 2018, 10:46:49 PM
On Nolan now.

Giving the church both barrels which it thoroughly deserves in this!!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Targetman

Disgusting behaviour, from the church!!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

thebar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2018, 11:05:57 PM
A hard watch!

It sure is...its criminal what went on and alot of people have alot to answer for. Very sad for the victims.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2018, 11:22:46 PM
Quote from: thebar on February 28, 2018, 11:15:59 PM
A hard watch!

It sure is...its criminal what went on and alot of people have alot to answer for. Very sad for the victims.

Agree 100%.Do you believe the Police or the Church.It is clear that a lot of people have a lot to answer for and not just clergy

So the clergy sent him away to a place to get fixed!! Unreal, even after knowing he was raping kids they still let him at it.. this long after Symth!

Milltown Row2

That's like saying Paul Murphys cousin is hiding a pervert! Who gives s f**k about John, he never knew so hopefully he's as annoyed as the next guy

Orior

I know Bishop McAreavy to be a kind, honest and devout priest.

But Paul Gilmore is right - unfortunately the Bishop is guilty of negligence.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Mandy is up her own arse though

Hereiam

Terrible stuff altogether. Most of us served as alter boys when we were younger and can thank our lucky stars that nothing happened to us.

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2018, 08:54:10 PM
I do not advocate a pardon for anyone who was guilty of omission.But I still await in Sean Brady's case the intellectual rationale for blaming Sean Brady but absolving parents even though they were both privy to exactly the same information.

No pardon is easy.

Demand justice

Demand it

Go to the parochial house. Go to the school.

Ask the incumbent to reveal the truth or step aside

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2018, 11:12:04 PM
I am watching.Learning nothing new.

None of it is new. Doesn't make it less shameful

The abuse is shameful

The cover up and blind eyes and facilitation is shameful. Utterly shamefull. Moral authority, such as it was SHOT

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2018, 11:22:46 PM
Quote from: thebar on February 28, 2018, 11:15:59 PM
A hard watch!

Agree 100%.Do you believe the Police or the Church.It is clear that a lot of people have a lot to answer for and not just clergy

Make them answer

If the Catholic Church knew for 22 years without telling the police then the share of blame is not quite 50:50